Grapple coasting (air slingshot)

Started by spaceboy, April 01, 2010, 07:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

haha, don't worry JRD - with 400 square miles, over 350 locations, and thousands of collectibles you won't run out of fun!

Here's a vid of what I call grapple coasting, but I think it's technically called an air slingshot

[smg id=2158 type=av]

Here's another way to goof off.  I'm supposed to shoot down the satellite launching before it gets into orbit...
[smg id=2159 type=av]
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

RedRaven

Like the hitching a ride on a rocket, nicely done spaceboy :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

yeah, and I like the grapple coasting, very proficient moves. Well done, space  :)  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

ninzza

Finally I got that RPG guy but now I'm having another big problem. I spent a lot of time wandering around in 2 military bases trying to get 100% complet but I'm stuck at 94% and 96%, and the "Next Faction mission" meter is still not filled. So frustrated   :(

Art Blade

ow. How about just walking around randomly, trying to become an ace using grapple and glider, and on doing so, start a couple of wild chases and fights with whatever is around? Also, steal a couple of different vehicles to move around, crash them into locations, and cause chaos?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

ninzza

I blew up everything, killed everything that moves but still, I dont get 100%. I had to turn off my PS3 because I got dizzy. This chaos meter is killing me. This game has a bad mission structure design.

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on April 01, 2010, 07:37:20 AM
haha, don't worry JRD - with 400 square miles, over 350 locations, and thousands of collectibles you won't run out of fun!

Here's a vid of what I call grapple coasting, but I think it's technically called an air slingshot

[smg id=2158 type=av]

Here's another way to goof off.  I'm supposed to shoot down the satellite launching before it gets into orbit...
[smg id=2159 type=av]

Now THAT is truly amazing... getting a lift on a rocket...

I'm glad that devs pushed the idea of a grapling hook to the extreme... are there more hardcore missions like that! I was afraid that all they had planned was destruction at bases and all...  8)

That would be a waste of time!!!  :)

Hey ninzza... maybe if you just forget about that 100% thing for a while... enjoy the game, get the hang of it, feel how it plays overall... when you know where you are stepping, come back and kick some a$$ there... maybe it get much easier (I bet it would)  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

yeah, that's what I was trying to say: chillax, mate  ;)

PZ

@JRD - some objects re-spawn - I took a couple of miniguns and ran off with them - lost them somewhere and when I returned to the original location, they were back.  However, some large objects like the chaos things do not re-spawn in my short experience. I beliee the vehicles re-spawn, but I'm not positive - maybe spaceboy will know  ;D 

@ninzza - I experienced the same as you - am at 97% in a couple of areas so I just left to do something else and intend to return.  I recall one place (a military base) where I was stuck at 81% - left and got experience at other sites and came back to get to 97% because of things I'd not noticed before - I'll eventually get to 100%.

This game is really cool - I stole an attack helicopter in one mission and then went to a faction mission site where I was given my instructions plus a crappy motorcycle to ride to the mission site.  However, when I turned to where I'd parked the helicopter, there it still was!  I went to the mission site in style  ;D

In fact, I used this helicopter when I returned to the 88% site and hosed it with the minigun to get to 97%.  It is amazing how quickly time passes when playing.  Now I don't even have time for Fallout3 any more.  ;)

EDIT: I've managed to develop the "slingshot"  method of grappling the ground and hitting the parachute button.  This is an absolute blast, and is one of the fast ways around the island - faster than driving.  The grapple method of movement is also perfect for quickly moving around in the missions site.

spaceboy

ninzza, definitely don't worry about getting 100% in each location.  That would drive me nuts too if I tried that.  Only a couple smaller locations I got 100%.  It doesn't really matter I think.  It's just telling you something is still there, either something to blow up to earn chaos and money, or some crate for weapon or vehicle upgrades.  It's just not important to how I am playing the game at least.  I'll poke around for some as much as I can find easily - they are overall helpful.  Do a race, and if you screw it up, just take off in the plane or car, learn to fly the planes (it takes a bit of practice) because it's beautiful to cruise around the island and helpful to avoid an overly ambitious military police.

There is so much to do to fill up the faction meter quicker than getting 100% - you fill it up by completing races, blowing up stuff, anything.  Hilarious - in that one grapple vid of mine above, when they saw me and the HEAT turned on - I quickly lost them but I would have loved to see what they were doing on the ground because I earned chaos and got credited with destroying objects due to whatever ineptness those guys were displaying in trying to get me lol.

Glad to hear you're lovin it PZ.  Yes, the vehicles respawn for the most part. but sometimes I think I'll find a chopper at a base and I don't.

PZ

Love your vids, spaceboy!  :-X

EDIT: I created a wiki entry with all (I think) of spaceboy's excellent videos on one place:

Spaceboy's JC2 videos

spaceboy

hey thanks PZ  :-X  I'll have more I'm sure!

PZ

Keep 'em coming space,

I like seeing authentic game playing (especially by OWG members) rather than trailer-type videos where everything is perfect, or professional gamers that play for a living and make everything look easy.

Art Blade

well said, indeed I find it a lot more enjoyable to watch someone else totally screwing something up, reminds me of myself and I burst into laughter, realising I'm not the only one who's not perfect  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳