Re-spawning?

Started by JRD, March 31, 2010, 02:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Hey space... and what about respawns? Do you feel it somehow like FC2? Or you don't usually come back from where you came to check it?
I reckon bases will respawn too (satellite dishes, towers, fuel depots etc...), but does it seems weird how it goes?
And do objects/NPCs respawn at the same spot? Like, where you find a gas canister will always be one and faction members wandering around the same areas (assuming they do) like the "lost mercs" in FC2?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

nice vid, space  :) I like how you used the grapple to get yourself up into the air with the glider  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

thanks Art!

JRD - so far (i'm only 11% in) respawns are not an issue.  I can't really tell to be honest.  I rarely pass back through and it's just not the same setup with guard posts.  You can pretty much drive/fly/boat freely around as long as you don't go into a military base or start shooting your gun off.  I don't think the structures respawn, but vehicles do of course.

It's hard for me to say (I'm also less observant than others).  So far it feels natural and good.  But it's not like FC2 missions.  Sometimes the factions will bring you and your friendlies to another area of the map, and sometimes you just make a call from a phone booth, they stop by, give you a crate of ammo and instructions, a vehicle magically appears and you're on your way!

Much less difficulty in getting around compared to FC2 (not that I was overly bothered by that)  and if you need to make a getaway, it's just seems easier.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

If the structures won`t respawn, then you`ll have an island of ruins after you beat the game!  :-\
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

The guard towers seem to re-spawn when you re-visit an area, but as space mentioned, not many of the other things do.  I kind of like it in a way because it is a bit more realistic when you return to an area and it is mostly as you left it.  I remember in FC2 thinking that it was cool that the large propane tanks at the airports didn't re-spawn, and that the train wreck east of PetroSahel didn't disappear.  I don't know - maybe I'm just rationalizing, but I do like it.

However, spaceboy mentioned in another thread a problem with destroying some of the items in a mission area (before you do the mission) and then discovering that you can't complete the mission when you get to that point in the game - that sounds distressing.

EDIT: JRD, I forgot to mention - you'll probably not notice that things have not re-spawned because the world is so huge and there is simply so much to do that you really don't need to revisit an area.  It is kind of funny - I've completed missions intending to return to an area to earn the 100% mark, but have not done so to date.  There has always been another place to visit and more things to do.  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳