Developing techniques

Started by spaceboy, March 31, 2010, 09:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

I am getting better at travelling by chute.  Grapple a building or even the ground ahead of you, as you're being pulled deploy the chute.  Once your airborne you can continue to grapple the ground, trees, structures, vehicles, etc. and it as it pulls you "in" because you have the chute open, you actually gain altitude (usually)  and can even adjust your trajectory.  It's good fun and helps with mobility around the mountains or beaches.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Sounds like you have developed the technique - I can't wait to try it the next time I'm in the game.  :-X

I must say that I am becoming more fond of the game as I play.  The open nature that allows you to visit any town, city, fortified area is one that I really appreciate.

A few questions since you are more familiar with the game:

• What is the easiest way to get more ammo?  I seem to run out relatively frequently.
  • One of the first cities is relatively large, and I managed to get to 93% complete, but can't find any more of the objects - am I missing a few or something else?
  • Where can you find planes/helicopters?

Art Blade

oh man, you have no idea how much it is itching me to say something about where you can find planes or helicopters.  ;D ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

ammo crates for the SMG are everywhere it seems. Also I find pistol and rifle ammo and grenades pretty easily.  Just do stronghold missions, faction missions, or takeover a military base.  Also you can call the black market dealer to buy ammo and weapons, upgrading weapons helps you hold more ammo I think.  Also you can stand over the guns of fallen comrades and it'll automatically get added to your ammo - but be quick because they disappear.

I've had trouble getting 100% complete in some areas too.  But DON"T get 100% at airports or some of the planes won't respawn there.  I haven't been too worried about getting 100% at miltary bases etc. because I'm uncertain about if that effects spawning choppers.

Choppers are at most military bases and harbors.  Planes at the airports or landing strips, also you can start a plane race "mission" and then just take off  - you keep the plane even after your time runs out.  You can also buy vehicles including choppers and planes from the black market guy.  It's expensive though.  And they don't stay in a garage or anything for you.

You can always cause chaos that sometimes brings in a military chopper, then just grapple to it and hijack it.

ninzza

It may sound strange but for me even the mortar guys in FC2 are not as bad as the RPG guy in the beginning of this game. That's because the health system in FC2 and JC2 are different. In FC2 we have lots of syrettes to replenish health but in JC2, when youre low on health you have to go around to find the health cabinet but just when you're about to use it, you get shot by the RPG guy and die instantly!

@PZ:

To get 100% complete, you have to destroy things (satellite dishes, generators ...) as well as get weapons, vehicles parts ...

Art Blade

In this case, I'd try to take him out first of all. That's what I do with mortar guys in FC2 :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

and maybe pick up the black market Sniper rifle and take out the rpg guys.  I used one off a dead guy and it's got a decent scope.  I haven't bought it yet though.  The Bullseye Rifle has an ok scope as well and I find ammo for it.  You can still carry 2 other guns, grenades, and triggered explosives (like IEDs).  Rico can carry more than Marty can lol.  As PZ said, the grapple is sometimes your best weapon.

Check out this vid I took.  I was getting pummeled by the gunner in the boat - grapple and done.  Also sweet move on my part grappling the next guy, attaching it to the tree to slam his head into it  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tTin7bksWk

PZ

I saw a video of a guy grappling a govman and as he was reeling him, gunned him with his secondary weapon.  Another technique is to grapple the govman (which incapacitates him a bit) and that gives you the time to shoot someone else, then return to finish him off.

Art Blade

I've seen vids when someone grappled a govman and then another one, binding those two at each other (which made them jump and crash into each other)  :)

oops... accidentally edited your post instead of replying - sorry... :-[

PZ

Yes!  I just watched one of the videos you submitted again and it had that exact thing.  There were also govmen hooked to gas canisters that were then shot off to carry the guy into the air.  There is evidently lots of creative ways to get the job done.  This game is turning into more of an FC2-style sandbox than ever.  :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on April 05, 2010, 03:01:07 PM
oops... accidentally edited your post instead of replying - sorry... :-[

LOL  ;D ;D ;D

PZ

Call me "too quick to click" - I meant to click "Quote"  ;)

Art Blade

As long as you don't click X Remove  everything is good.  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳