JC2 has it's annoyances

Started by ninzza, March 30, 2010, 04:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninzza

I got this game day 1 since a sandbox game that has a massive and gorgeous open world like FC2 really appeals to me but after playing about 4 hours, I dont like this game. The the RPG guys pissed me off.
  In this game you're forced to constantly blow things up to fill the chaos meter. Once it's filled, more missions (agency as well as factions missions) will be unlocked. In first 5 or 15 minutes it may be fun to blow stuff up but it's boring quickly since you do the same task over and over and due to the fact that the ammo are scarce and the explosions sound very weak.

fragger

Thanks for the contrasting viewpoint, ninzza :) No game is to everybody's taste. I haven't played this one yet, but I've heard and read conflicting opinions about it. I guess the only way to know if you're going to like a particular game or not is to have a go at it. Some members here really enjoyed ArmaII, so I picked it up to try for myself, but I didn't like it at all. Such is life.

But all opinions are respected and welcomed here, and your frankness is appreciated :-X

ninzza

Before making decision to preorder this game I did a lot of research I thought it'd awesome but no I'm wrong. On the contrary, like some members here, I bought FC2 on impulse: I saw an ad about FC2 on US PlayStation Magazine) just 3 days before its release and decided to get it on day 1 and it never disappoints me. :)

spaceboy

hey ninzza, that's unfortunate it hasn't been what you hoped for.  I agree the gameplay and some overall way things are handled are not exactly like I pictured, but I still have been really getting into it.  I think if you concentrate on going from mission to mission too much it could seem repetitive.  I'm 8 hours in and 11% complete.  I've only done a handful of faction missions and a couple agency missions.  I mix it up with races (both land and air), the occasional takedown of a military base, and just free roaming or goofing off.

I also really liked FUEL which many said the free roam offered nothing to do, but I just loved exploring.  I do think the missions varied enough so far.  Well, the strongholds are all about the same, just different locations, but the actual faction missions have had a decent amount of variation so far.  Overall FC2 is still the king in my book as well.

I'm not sure what you meant by the RPG guys (they can't be any worse than the mortar guys in FC2).  I've only come across a couple.  I think with them and anyone manning a turret or mini-gun, the trick is just to get behind them using your grapple as quickly as possible.  The gameplay is different than any other shooter action game because of the grapple and chute, I've really increased my satisfaction when getting creative with those two functions.

I stole a chopper taking over a base and enemy choppers kept coming and shooting me down.  I'd just open my chute, grapple over to their chopper, throw out the pilot and keep going!

I hope it turns out more enjoyable for you mate!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I fully understand your disappointment ninzza,  I too have researched a game only to find it not to my liking.  The take home lesson that we've mentioned several times is that there is typically a certain "something special" in a game that makes a winner for some and a loser for others, with most in between.

I'm just starting out in JC2 and have already encountered the RPG guy (he must have a Carl-G because the rocker follows me) and as spaceboy said, the grapple is your best friend.  In fact, I use it for a weapon just as much as I do my "real" weapons.  Back to the story, all I did was grapple-hook him right out of his tower and then stole the RPG to finish off his buddies.  Then I stole an armored car and took out all of the chaos items in the nuclear base.

On a funny note, I was driving a diesel truck down a country road and was able to vent all my road rage onto the other drivers, running them off the road while hearing them curse at me.  Another very funny part is when you grapple hook an enemy - they cry like a baby.

JC2 for me plays like Uncharted2, but is not linear.  It is open world like FC2, but not everyone is immediately hostile - you have to start the fight first.  It is like Grand Theft Auto in that you can steal and drive anything - stealing the cars and throwing out the driver is really funny too.  JC2 also reminds me of Fuel (I'm one of the guys that space mentioned that said that there is not much to do), but with lots to do.

In summary, I'm not focusing on any of the missions right now, unless I come across them on my free roam, and am having loads of fun.  While JC2 will not be for everyone, I'd recommend to all to at least rent the game because you might find something that you really like.  I find the action like what you experience in a James Bond movie, and you're playing the part of Bond.

Art Blade

I'll still have to wait a couple more days (maybe one week or so) but I will get it. What I've seen and read, I still think I'll like it ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

It is lots of fun for me - as the back of the box reads - there is no vertical limitation.  Imagine being able to grab onto the top of a building and haul yourself up or grab onto the landscape and slingshot yourself across the map.  Although I've not tried that yet, I plan to develop that skill so I can travel fast  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳