System requirements

Started by JRD, January 25, 2010, 07:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

If I can make it run on a decent frame rate and graphic settings on my laptop, then count me in for sure!  ;)

Which brings me to another point: System requirements? Any idea, someone?
A quick google search returned nothing  :(
I reckon this game should need a high end PC to the player enjoy the graphics with decent settings!
I know some guys here do have a beast machine...... some don't.
By the videos you guys found I can see that some game features like NPCs vehicles on roads and high detail ground textures such as bushes, traffic signs etc are rendered only when you are close to the ground (coming down from a skydive/chute moment) but you can have lots of NPC, vehicles, fire and destructible environments in a small area, all at once, which will certainly demand a nuclear powered machine!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

System Requirements

minimum
recommended

Operating System
Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Windows XP is unsupported)

Processor
Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Athlon 64 X2 4200 / Pentium D 3GHz)
Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 2.4GHz

Graphics Card
Nvidia GeForce 8800 Series / ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro with 256MB memory or equivalent DX10 card with 256MB memory   

Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 Series with 512MB / ATI Radeon HD 5750 Series with 512MB or equivalent DX10 card with 512MB memory

Memory
2GB RAM
3GB RAM

DirectX
Microsoft DirectX 10   
Microsoft DirectX 10.1 with Vista SP1

Hard Drive
10GB of free drive space

Optical Drive
DVD-ROM drive

Sound Card
100% DirectX 10 compatible sound card   
100% DirectX 10 compatible Dolby Digital 5.1 sound card

Internet Connection
Internet connection required for product activation

Input
Keyboard and Mouse (Microsoft Xbox360 controller optional)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Why is that?

Your GPU has 512 if I remember correctly... you also should have 2-3 MB RAM and if you don't, it's relatively cheap and quite usefull!

One thing left is: Do you run XP? If so, then you are screwed...  :(

There is the internet connection in order to activate the game, which is something I know you hate but also is something you should take for granted in any game these days!

Else, the only reason to bang your head against a wall is that there are tons of great games coming soon and hence your budget and nights of sleep are compromised  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on January 25, 2010, 12:48:02 PM
Do you run XP? If so, then you are screwed...  :(

Yes.

You can see the information if our members have added their OS into the field "gaming Platform(s)" usually next to "PC." Visible to the left side of the posts under the post count (it's the info you fill in when editing your forum profile)

JRD

Art Blade

Art Blade

Hehe JRD  ;) Stuff like that just happens  ;D I'd offer to bang heads together  ;D

I have a perfect machine for the game, but the OS is outdated for the first time. I have another PC with about minimum specs, running Vista Home Premium, but it is not an internet PC (and I'd be a fool to install that game onto that machine).

Now I'm presented with a dilemma. On my gaming rig (this one):

A) Buy and install Vista? Nah...
B) Buy and install Windows7? More likely
C) Buy a new gaming rig with win7 already installed? A bit too early to replace my current system...

So I have to think about how to get win7 onto this machine.

New dilemma:

A) Kill XP and replace it with win7? Never
B) Dual Boot (Boot Manager)? More likely
C) Buy a new HD and "toggle" between those two? Too much hassle.

So I'd need to buy win7 and find a way to make them w@&k on this rig.

Argh

JRD

Anyway you have to split you HD, in order to create a new partition... a few hours in front of your PC with your finger crossed  :-\

Me, I meet some minimum and some maximum requirements, so I guess I can play it with a decent setting/frame rate, but it is only sure once you install and run the game.

Wait and see my friend... let's just pray Assassin's Creed II doesn't put a restriction on us like that  :'(

Thanks for the specs by the way!!

Art Blade

welcome and cheers, JRD  :) And yes, always on the look-out for surprises  ;D

I've just skimmed a couple editions of my favourite PC mag, and found out about partitioning and installing them side by side. Like that, both OSs can even share data from other partitions. That means that I could actually keep XP (which is important for me) :)

Now I need to find a shop that sells a system builder version of win7 (around 80€), better than an upgrade (120€) and much better than a retail version (200€). I'd like to get win7 ultimate 64, then  :)

RedRaven

Another way to do it is to have multiple Hard Drives, each with a different O.S. installed, then choose at boot up which to run, I found this way easier than putting a partition on a drive as it is almost like having multiple computers, and your original or main system drive remains whole. Still requires ownership of the necessary software but I personally found it a better way of doing it ( though back then hard drives were no way as big as they are now!)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on January 24, 2010, 03:27:39 PM
PZ this may make the choice between PS3 and PC more even for you but I think your choice is often affected by WHEN you plan on playing the game.

That's fantastic, space!  You're correct though - if I'm gaming before I get up in the morning then it has to be PS3, but later in the day it has to be on PC - this keeps my wife happy and me from being in the dog house by playing too many video games  ;D

With a feature like this, I'll be able to have the best of both worlds on the console - I can't count the times I wish that I had a handy way of recording video whole playing on the PS3.  This method is even easier than what I use on the PC (FRAPS) because I don't have to do anything.  On the PC I need to start FRAPS before I get into the game and then hit the record button when I want.  The only problem is that what I wanted to record probably just happened, and was a once in a lifetime kind of experience that I just missed recording (kick myself)

spaceboy

Quote from: PZ on January 26, 2010, 10:45:44 AM

That's fantastic, space!  You're correct though - if I'm gaming before I get up in the morning then it has to be PS3, but later in the day it has to be on PC - this keeps my wife happy and me from being in the dog house by playing too many video games  ;D

With a feature like this, I'll be able to have the best of both worlds on the console - I can't count the times I wish that I had a handy way of recording video whole playing on the PS3.  This method is even easier than what I use on the PC (FRAPS) because I don't have to do anything.  On the PC I need to start FRAPS before I get into the game and then hit the record button when I want.  The only problem is that what I wanted to record probably just happened, and was a once in a lifetime kind of experience that I just missed recording (kick myself)

damn you're good, gaming while you sleep  ;)  although I have dreamed of gaming after a late night playing and a few beers .  hahaha.  couldn't let that go.

But yeah I'm looking forward to this feature a lot.  I can't wait to find out more of the specifics and how easy it will be to export on USB so I can edit and compile a few together on my PC.  I think there may also be an upload to youtube feature but I'm not sure on that.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

lol, it's not me sleeping, it's my wife, and I'd better not wake her up!  ;D  Once she does, then I need to get up and make coffee - gaming over for the morning!

Yeah, the article implied that you could upload to YouTube directly from the console, but like you, I'd like to be able to manipulate it on my PC and then do the upload, particularly because my satellite connection to the console is not too good.

RedRaven

Lol, thought you were sleep-gaming then PZ.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

I've dreamt about games, too, especially when they were rather new and when I had been playing for a rather long time before going to bed. Couldn't just drop it while sleeping, then. :) I know a couple of people who say the same :)

Speaking of FRAPS, which I don't have (same old story: I don't buy anything on the net.) makes me wonder that if PS3 gets its own recorder, and if the PC doesn't, I'm screwed again. There used to be a time when many games had the ability to record "demos" built in.

PZ

Here is the PC FAQ from the official JC2 site.  Interestingly, one of the questions asks if the PC version is just a port from the console version, and the answer was that it is not - the graphics are enhanced for the PC - it is good to know that they designed the PC version specifically for the computer.  :-X

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=101759

EDIT: I just did the nVidia driver update as recommended and the difference is dramatic.

fragger

Thanks PZ, that's very helpful :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳