JC2 basics

Started by spaceboy, January 13, 2010, 09:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

Ok, it's time to bring this bad boy up again.

If Just Cause 2 doesn't become the tonic for Far Cry 2 lovers, nothing will except Far Cry 3!  The two major differences would be that JC2 is third person and the world and physics are much less based on reality than FC2.

BUT...

600 square miles, 3 different climate zones, snow, beach, mountains, water. Merc infested island, WITH CITIZENS, many vehicles, a parachute, crazy tricks (grapple gun), weather cycle, day/night cycle, and most importantly a "living, breathing" world in which to experiment.

Check out these great videos with interesting dev commentary.   

http://mygamepages.com/index.php?topic=462.0

(JRD you are the man for bringing this up a year ago and now it's only a couple more months away!)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on January 13, 2010, 09:17:27 AM
600 square miles, 3 different climate zones, snow, beach, mountains, water. Merc infested island, WITH CITIZENS, many vehicles, a parachute, crazy tricks (grapple gun), weather cycle, day/night cycle, and most importantly a "living, breathing" world in which to experiment.

(JRD you are the man for bringing this up a year ago and now it's only a couple more months away!)

It's getting better and better... can't look at vids now as I'm at w@&k but your short description makes me eager to see this game, space  8)

When I saw some vids of JC1, the parachute thing seemed quite misplaced, like you are running and then a parachute on your back unfolds and you fly somewhere and the parachute folds back by itself so its ever ready for you to use it!!...
I rather have a Mary Poppins umbrella, but whatever works for devs  ;D ;D

And wow... when this game hit the stores, we`ll be celebrating one year of Open World-ness
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

the parachute and the grapple gun are the main things in regards to lack of reality yes.  But they look wicked fun - so as in FC2, you may drive your AT up the crest of a hill and admire the sunset, in JC2 you may grapple to a moving helicopter hijack the chopper and fly 20 miles over the sea to a mountain then abandon the chopper and parachute to the ground - and then admire the sunset.  ;D

I'm going to go with the idea that it's like Batman who has really awesome gadgets (unrealistic) but are applied within a more or less "realistic" world. 

Art Blade

Quote from: spaceboy on January 13, 2010, 11:14:38 AM
- and then admire the sunset.  ;D

LOL that was hilarious  :-X

Oh man, I need something new. I still like my FC2, and I think I will for a long time to come, but I want something new to dive into and roll myself around in  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: spaceboy on January 13, 2010, 09:17:27 AM
Check out these great videos

Ok, I just finished watching.

JRD.

This is the time.

To say.

OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy!!!
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

lol Art, that's is the famous quote of JRD!

I do think JC2 looks like high octane fun.

Oh and another great thing about it that works so well for OWG.... simultaneous release dates for PC, PS3, and X360! --------------------->  3/23/10   Mark it down.

JRD

LET ME QUOTE THAT  ;D

Quote from: Art Blade on January 13, 2010, 05:47:05 PM

This is the time.

To say.

OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy!!!

It looks great... better than I thought... outstanding spaceboy!!!  :-X

The grappling gun seems like ultimate fun... a mercenary spiderman  ;D
And yes, the physics in this game is just fantastic... but fighting agains humans with real guns AND with a twist like the parachute and grappling gun should be the ultimate fun!
Man, looking forward!!!
OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy

Art Blade

;D ;D ;D

space, I know it is JRD's line, and I love it, and whenever I use it, I leave a reference/give credits to him :)

JRD, lol, "let me quote that"  ;D ;D ;D ;D

spaceboy

lol Art.  I know you know - I liked what you wrote "this is the time.  to say" ....now you know I know you know...huh? :P

PZ

The videos sure do make the game look promising - to me the graphics and game play are almost like a merge between Uncharted2 and FC2.

Art Blade

this game is really looking promising, and I am willing to ignore the fact that it's a 3rd person view only (who knows, maybe they put in a 1st person toggle...?)

space, hehe, you got me (again)  ;D

spaceboy

with all the crazy stunts you can do jumping around moving vehicles, I imagine a) it helps to see what's around you to perform said stunts, and b) it might induce vomiting to see everything he does in first person view.  (would be interesting though)

JRD

Hey, I really love that grapple gun...
I love when he somehow hits an enemy and the enemy gets attached to some kind of canister that he then shoots and the thing fly off taking the merc with it going UUUAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH up to the skies...
Precious.....  :-X :-X

Man, that was hilarious  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

yeah, JRD, I liked that the best :) And all the other funny stuff, like connecting a merc to a driving-by AT and he gets ripped out of his socks and dragged away... LOL

space, I'd love to have a FPS view and a button to hit at random, while in the air, causing to spray chunks of today's lunch down at the people looking up at you... LOL

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on January 14, 2010, 01:34:46 PM
space, I'd love to have a FPS view and a button to hit at random, while in the air, causing to spray chunks of today's lunch down at the people looking up at you... LOL

Good one.  Well, at least you can spray chunks of lead down at the people looking up at you... ;D

Art Blade

hehe, hmmm... hand grenades? Imagine, grapple to something high, use the chute, and then drop grens down at a guard post... NICE! Something I really miss in FC2.

RedRaven

Quote from: Art Blade on January 14, 2010, 12:19:10 PM
this game is really looking promising, and I am willing to ignore the fact that it's a 3rd person view only (who knows, maybe they put in a 1st person toggle...?)

space, hehe, you got me (again)  ;D

Got to agree with Art, its the only reservation I have about the game. Never been able to get to grips with the 3rd person view, ended up trading in Deadspace for that reason.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

interesting discussion on 1st person vs. 3rd person has been split and can be found at in the off topic thread 1st person vs. 3rd person

continue discussion of Just Cause 2 here

Art Blade

PZ

Thanks space,  with 18 pages of posts it is about time - am in the process of splitting the original thread now.

Tags:
🡱 🡳