Eeyore's Adventures In The Hundred Acre Wood

Started by eor123, March 29, 2010, 12:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eor123

Using an Xbox 360 so screen captures aren't possible but I can snap a shot with the camera after the action has stopped. Wanted to share some of the cool and weird stuff from the game.

This is the result of saving the game as a vehicle is passing by a safe house. The merc is dead but flailing about inside the jeep.

[smg id=2144]

[smg id=2143]
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

eor123

Some unusual post-firefight scenes.

How the gazelle ended up there, I don't know. Never saw it until after it was all over.

[smg id=2149]

[smg id=2145]
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

eor123

The results of various explosions. I love throwing grenades onto vehicles and often sacrifice my own for the cause.

[smg id=2147]

Timing here was perfect. An AT pursuing me crashed head-on into one coming from the other direction. Just before they hit, a merc yelled, " Hey! Watch it!"

I tossed a grenade into them and watched the fireworks.

[smg id=2148]

eor123

The aftermath of a shootout at the cattle ranch.

This is a tactic I frequently use in Far Cry 2 -- I sprint into a building under fire and let the bad guys come to me.

Leaves quite a mess. This is one of my bigger piles. My personal best was at the foot of the stairs in the APR HQ in Sefapane, but no pics of that ...yet.  ;D

[smg id=2146]

eor123

This is probably the weirdest thing I have come across in Far Cry 2 -- a major glitch that placed two mercs in very unusual positions. They were completely oblivious to my presence.

[smg id=2150]

They stayed in place even after I got on the AT and drove it off.

[smg id=2134]

Got a little creative. I cal this "Zombie Merc Doing The Macarena In The Moonlight. "

[smg id=2135]

fragger

Cool pics eor, and nice w@&k, considering how you have to go about getting them :-X

I love some of the aftermaths in FC2!

Quote from: eor123 on March 29, 2010, 12:46:37 AM
I cal this "Zombie Merc Doing The Macarena In The Moonlight. "

Funny picture, and classic caption - lol ;D ;D ;D :-X

mandru

Zombie Mercs Doing The Macarena In The Moonlight?

My first thought was that they were doing the Village Peoples' YMCA but they were spelling it out with Russian Cyrillic characters.  :P
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Art Blade

Very entertaining topic, eor! Nice pics, echoing fragger: especially considering what you have to go through to take them  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: eor123 on March 29, 2010, 12:33:17 AM
The results of various explosions. I love throwing grenades onto vehicles and often sacrifice my own for the cause.

[smg id=2147]

Timing here was perfect. An AT pursuing me crashed head-on into one coming from the other direction. Just before they hit, a merc yelled, " Hey! Watch it!"

I tossed a grenade into them and watched the fireworks.

[smg id=2148]

Ahh the good old M79... never leave home without it  ;D

It is specially useful as it is a hit-and-boom toy!

Timing a hand grenace onto a moving vehicle is a pain

PS: I was so entertained looking at the Macarena Zombie Merc that I completely missed that previous post!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

eor123

Just some misc scenes...

[smg id=2152]

[smg id=2153]

[smg id=2155]

[smg id=2154]

eor123

JRD

Hahahahahahahaha  :-X

That would make a nice "Caption contenst nº10)...

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

That last pic is a hoot, eor ;D ;D :-X

In the same vein:

[smg id=2157 align=center width=400]

"I tell you, Cyril, it was THIS LONG!"

Art Blade

Muahahaha, with that caption the pic does get a whole different meaning  ;D :-X

eor123

Lending a hand

[smg id=2160]

Peter was thankful, but silently pondered why he was never ordered to "take the point" while on patrol.

[smg id=2161]

Art Blade

eor123

Got gas?  I noticed that the status of these tanks remains constant throughout the game play although everything thing else resets and respawns after you leave the area. In other words if you shoot holes in this tank at the beginning of the Act, it will look like this each time you return. I think this may be the only object in the game with that characteristic?

[smg id=2162]

I wish the screen prompt hadn't been in the photo but there was one guy hiding in an obscure corner of Sefapane. It took several minutes to track him down.

[smg id=2163]

mandru

Quote from: eor123 on April 02, 2010, 07:54:40 AM

... but there was one guy hiding in an obscure corner of Sefapane. It took several minutes to track him down.

There's been mention in a few other places in the forums of the trick of firing a grenade round into the air and how it results in continuous cursing by all the mercs  present and it works like a charm on tracking down those annoying strays.

I was using that tactic the other night in Sephapane for the purpose of exposing a run rabbit ( my pet name for hiding mercs , there's also merc behaviors I call out-runners and fruit flies  :P ) and had just fired off a shot when I realized that the drop zone of that just launched shot was going to be uncomfortably close to where I'd parked my GLAT.  By that point it was the only land or water based vehicle that wasn't on fire in the whole town.

I sprinted for all I was worth to my AT with the thought that if I could get mounted up the worst that would happen is I'd have to fix a smoking engine and possibly give myself a med patch but when I got there, just three steps short, my random aerial shot Bingo'ed  the AT and blew it up in my face.  :-[

I guess to add insult to injury, right after the Buddy rescue sequence, the hiding merc popped out and dropped a grenade on my rescue buddy and me before I had a chance to heal up and knocked me back to my previous save which was at a point prior to my arrival at Sephapane.  :D

Well it did give me a chance to rethink my strategy.
- mandru

JRD

Quote from: mandru on April 02, 2010, 11:46:28 AM
and had just fired off a shot when I realized that the drop zone of that just launched shot was going to be uncomfortably close to where I'd parked my GLAT.  By that point it was the only land or water based vehicle that wasn't on fire in the whole town.

I sprinted for all I was worth to my AT with the thought that if I could get mounted up the worst that would happen is I'd have to fix a smoking engine and possibly give myself a med patch but when I got there, just three steps short, my random aerial shot Bingo'ed  the AT and blew it up in my face.  :-[

Oh man... they are all laughing at you right now, mandru.  :(
Go back there and kill every motherfucker there once and for all...  ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

Ah no, I'm not laughing at him. I just love the random silly moment he had to live through, and it was a funny story  ;) And, haven't we all had experiences of that calibre we loved to share here?  :)

Hehe, fruit flies and run rabbits... I like that  ;D I found that the grenade trick works 99% of the times, but for some reason, some hard-boiled mercs refuse to squawk at the launch of grenades and some such. They remain hidden in silence, and for another reason unknown, won't even jump you. Those are probably scared shitless, "hole rabbits" ;) I spent more than once like 5 to 10 minutes turning every rock and pebble in Sefapane to find that last man stand... erm, crouching.  ;D

eor123

Apparently the Mercs in Bowa have been provided with prototype anti-gravity and cloaking technology.

[smg id=2164]

Art Blade

Hahaha, I think I've never seen that in my own game, but I think fragger posted a screenie with floating weapons, once :)

mandru

That's a new one for me too.  :-X

On rare occasions you'll find a slung rifle and side arm leaning, as if being worn, against the NW corner of the building that you climb up on in Selao to get the diamond on the balcony.  I think is supposed to be a merc spawn.  The guns show up but no merc.
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳