Gaming Rig specs

Started by RedRaven, March 19, 2010, 08:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiku

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Just got this waterblock for the R9 290, dropped the temps to 40°c from the usual 94°c.

Also bought one of these

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Uhh, what is a Lamptron? ????

That water cooler is very nice! But looks not even half as impressive as the heatpipes and fans at my airflow-cooler 8) Call me a Metal fetishist 8)

I had another problem occur after the installation; Microsoft found out I changed stuff to my hardware (mobo) and wanted me to activate windows again >:( When I followed the path they indicated me to do, I got a message that 'the windows key you introduced is already in use' :D :D

Had to re-activate through phone, and had to insert 54 digits in the phone, and then another 54 in my PC by listening to a breaking-up computerized phone voice. f@#k me! But it's activated again :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on February 03, 2014, 12:44:41 PM
Had to re-activate through phone, and had to insert 54 digits in the phone, and then another 54 in my PC by listening to a breaking-up computerized phone voice. f@#k me! But it's activated again :angel:

??? Sounds just like B.... MS!

Stiku

Quote from: Binnatics on February 03, 2014, 12:44:41 PM
Uhh, what is a Lamptron? ????

That water cooler is very nice! But looks not even half as impressive as the heatpipes and fans at my airflow-cooler 8) Call me a Metal fetishist 8)

I had another problem occur after the installation; Microsoft found out I changed stuff to my hardware (mobo) and wanted me to activate windows again >:( When I followed the path they indicated me to do, I got a message that 'the windows key you introduced is already in use' :D :D

This is a Lamptron FC5 V2:

Its a Fan Controller (also a waterpump controller ( the FAN1 is the waterpump )

Art Blade

I can see "RPM" and "FAN" as well as temperatures so it ought to be a fan controller  :) Although it looks like a space ship control panel  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Congrats on the new graphics card Binn   :-X

Binnatics

Thanx Nex! ^-^

My first experience with the card was a short test in FC3. I put all settings to ultra and put on 4x aa. The quality was amazing. I looked at Dennis and almost saw a real person. I was flattered by the sun reflection in his glasses. What also pleased me was the fluid movement of the surroundings when walking or looking around. I think I had a high frame rate. When I entered a car and drove around, the framerate seemed to drop. Things moved less fluid. So I put the config back to 2 aa and it was much better. I do like the aa effect though, so I guess I'll have to figure out what to downgrade in order to keep the aa effect on.
Besides that, I haven't checked out the GPU tweaking options that came along. What is possible with the thingy when pushing it a bit further? Going to find that out next time when I have enough time to spend on gaming.

Right now my job is sucking too much time and energy out to have some left for a good gaming session, but that will change next week I hope ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

Quote from: Binnatics on February 04, 2014, 01:49:32 PM
Thanx Nex! ^-^

My first experience with the card was a short test in FC3. I put all settings to ultra and put on 4x aa. The quality was amazing. I looked at Dennis and almost saw a real person. I was flattered by the sun reflection in his glasses. What also pleased me was the fluid movement of the surroundings when walking or looking around. I think I had a high frame rate. When I entered a car and drove around, the framerate seemed to drop. Things moved less fluid. So I put the config back to 2 aa and it was much better. I do like the aa effect though, so I guess I'll have to figure out what to downgrade in order to keep the aa effect on.
Besides that, I haven't checked out the GPU tweaking options that came along. What is possible with the thingy when pushing it a bit further? Going to find that out next time when I have enough time to spend on gaming.

Right now my job is sucking too much time and energy out to have some left for a good gaming session, but that will change next week I hope ;)

Try Geometry and Post FX, Post FX gives that motion blur and FXAA at high level, geometry actually gives more detail to the trees, leaves and grass.
I would myself start with the Geometry as nvidia 780 CUDA's are like two monkeys doing calculations regarding geometry instacing

OWGKID

My glorious 6 months old rig  >:D :-D

Specs

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
  • CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
  • RAM: Team Vulcan 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
  • GPU: MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr
  • SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD
  • HDD: WD Red 3TB 5400 rpm
  • PSU: Corsair CX 600M
  • Case: NZXT Lexa S ATX Mid Tower
  • Optical drive: Asus DRW-24 F1ST

Handles GTA V quite good on ultra/very high (except the grass, got down to 17-30 fps when in the countryside with grass at "Ultra" :D). I was stunned by Far Cry 3 running at ultra/60fps :o ???. Couldn't RETURN back to my potato.

Potential future upgrades (2-5 years): 1TB SSD, 4TB HDD, AMD Radeon R9 390X/390 (Crossfire?) If the card(s) are>10.5 inch long and my Lexa S isn't too small). I hope the sign of inequality is the right way :angel:
LEGACY

OWGKID

Quote from: PZ on March 19, 2010, 08:26:40 AM
Good idea - one place to see hardware specs of OWG gamers so people can ask specific questions if they are considering hardware purchase.

PZ's gaming rig:

• i7 920 2.66 GHz
  • 6x Blue ray disc burner
  • EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX  295 - 1792mb SLI
  • EVGA x58 ATX motherboard
  • Cooler Master HAF black  steel ATX full tower case
  • Corsair 850 SLI ready, Crossfire ready  active power supply
  • OCZ platinum 6 gb DDR3 tripple channel kit
  • WD  300 gb 10,000 RPM VelociRaptor
  • Logitech cordless RumblePad
  • Logitech  G15 gaming keyboard
  • Razer eXactMat wrist rest
  • Logitech G9 5  button tilt wheel Laser gaming mouse
  • Saitek v.3 Cuborg Rumble Pad
  • Vista-64 with all service packs and updates
I've been able to play just about anything fully maxed.

I guess we need to change that to:
PZ's NEW, SELFBUILT gaming rig:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
    • CPU Cooler: -Cooler Master Nepton 240M 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
    • Motherboard: -MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    • Memory: -G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
    • Storage: -Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5- Solid State Drive
    • Storage: -Toshiba  3TB 3.5- 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    • Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX Video Card
    • Power Supply: Corsair Professional 850W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    • Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
    • Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
    • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)

;) :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

PZ

I forgot all about this topic - thanks GKID  :-X ^-^

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

you know you're growing older when "I forgot" is becoming a signature line when replying. :-()

Don't worry. You'll forget all about it in a minute  :-D

Binnatics

:laugh:

Nice RIG GKID! And very sharp to remind PZ and actually post his 8)

OWGKID

LEGACY

OWGKID

Quote from: Art Blade on April 26, 2015, 03:41:30 PM

"You forget thousands things everyday. Make sure this is one of them" Michael De Santa (GTA V)  ;)
LEGACY

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 26, 2015, 03:41:30 PM

:laugh: :-X

Art Blade

OWGKID

Quote from: Binnatics on February 01, 2014, 06:21:53 AM
Got the monster laying on my desk ^-^

Will start with the installation tonight I guess, no time now. I don't worry about the cooler, the card won impressive rewards and I have experience with the cooler on my last card. My case has good airflow so as long as the cooler's properly installed, I foresee a lot of joy :) :)

I guess you have maxed most of the settings in GTA V? :-D >:D 8) ;)
LEGACY

OWGKID

Quote from: Stiku on February 03, 2014, 12:02:23 PM
Just got this waterblock for the R9 290, dropped the temps to 40°c from the usual 94°c.

Was it the reference version from AMD?  ???? Using the MSI Twin Frozr IV R9 290. Idle temps is about 20-30C and it gets to 65 C when playing games  :)
LEGACY

PZ

Finally... the monitor I want is in stock - should have it in a few days or maybe a week.  ^-^

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

OWGKID

Cool :-D :-() Did you ordered it from the UK? :o ???
LEGACY

Stiku

Quote from: PZ on April 28, 2015, 11:46:40 AM
Finally... the monitor I want is in stock - should have it in a few days or maybe a week.  ^-^

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

Hope you wont get the 99% of the faulty units that Acer ships.
I've had 2 Acer laptops, and both have suffered a monitor breakdowns.

Tags:
🡱 🡳