Gaming Rig specs

Started by RedRaven, March 19, 2010, 08:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Nice gear! Just in time!!! I mean... far too early. GTA V will only come out in PC months from here, heheh :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

time enough to configure all that new gear  :-D Maybe I get a 2nd monitor of the same model, that would at least take care of a "synced" dual monitor setup. Two different monitors (particularly if they have different native resolutions) are not recommendable because one has to downscale. If they have a different build, like slightly different sizes and frames, it looks strange and is distracting (been there, done that)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Update on the dual monitor thingy. Today I connected my old 1920x1200 native res TF monitor and was surprised to see that I can actually operate both monitors simultaneously at their corresponding native resolution (the other one is 1920x1080). :)

I'm not sure whether it's a matter of what my vid card is capable of or what windows7 can handle or the combination of both. You know, I used to have two monitors before but it was with windows XP and with older vid cards so I don't know exactly why I couldn't operate two different monitors at different resolutions at the same time back then. However, now it works :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

Hehe, just experimenting. While I'm writing this on my 2nd monitor, I have another instance of firefox open on my 1st screen with a YouTube fullscreen vid running.  :-D

PZ

I'm still on my old original Vista-64 machine, two monitors, each displaying different applications, and my video card (now old) is an nVidia 295 - not sure when things changed from XP

Binnatics

I upgraded my internal memory today. From 2x4 Gb Corsair Vengeance into 4x4 Gb Corsair Vengeance ^-^ :-X

Installing was so easy. Just plug in, secure, tur system on and MSI Quick-BIOS immediately detected the change and guided me to the main OC-config care that is easy accessible between regular boot menu and Windows launch. Didn't have to change a thing, since all Mem is same brand and type, and now I have a double size think-frame :-X :)

All that's left on my wish list is the Asus GTX780 DirectCU II 8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Art Blade

nexor

Nice one Binn, went to one of my supplier's today, saw the techies install one of those into another rig, the thing looks mean  ??? 
Two days ago lightning wacked the network chip on my big rig's Mainboard   :'(
luckely it's still under warranty, so I hope they'll replace the MB without any paraphernalia  :-( :-(

Art Blade

Eeeek!  ??? Good luck with that, nexor, hope you'll be up to speed soon.

mandru

Sorry to hear that nex.  ???

Hopefully the warranty will cover things.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

nexor

Just got word....stop....network chip blown....stop....MB replaced....stop.... collecting rig in the morning....stop....    :-D

Art Blade

mandru

- mandru

nexor

The techies say the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 was also blown, not to my recollection, everything except the network was working fine, they replaced it with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 which is double the price as to what I paid for the 560, no charge   :-D

Art Blade

Quote from: nexor on July 09, 2013, 12:19:34 AM
Looks good Art, I'm not too happy with my Nvidia 650GTX-Ti gpu, at some stage I will have to look at something better......  :-(

Now I see that your "650" was a typo. So it was a 560. OK, well, now you and I have the same CPU :) I'm curious whether or not you're going to have those "funky" graphic errors which originally made you wish to get a better card (that you've now got). By the way, how much video memory has that new card of yours got?

nexor

Oops sorry for that, they haven't given me the box, and I haven't checked yet, will post as soon as I have the info

nexor

Base Clock:                980 MHz
Boost Clock:               1033 MHz
Memory Config:          2 GB
Memory Speed:          6.0 Gbps  Memory Bandwidth:    144 GB/s

Art Blade

don't worry about that. :) I've seen many offers that had 2 GB like yours but only one that had a 3 GB version which was the reason that made me buy my current rig. I once had a weird graphics glitch shortly after you mentioned it but never again since. I reckon it was only a driver issue because after that, new drivers apparently solved the problem so you should be good, too. :)

PZ

Quote from: nexor on January 24, 2014, 12:46:32 AM
The techies say the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 was also blown, not to my recollection, everything except the network was working fine, they replaced it with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 which is double the price as to what I paid for the 560, no charge   :-D

Heck of a deal, nex!

Binnatics

Indeed mate, excellent warranty service there!! :-X :)

And nice card!!! I'm jealous with my 'old' GTX570 :-D

nexor

I was lucky this time for sure   8-X

nexor

Quote from: Art Blade on January 24, 2014, 01:37:34 AM
I'm curious whether or not you're going to have those "funky" graphic errors which originally made you wish to get a better card (that you've now got).

The "funky" errors I had on the 560 was a breeze as what this 660 did, within 5 minutes of starting, the game became completely unplayable, even updating the drivers (which the techies was supposed to do) didn't help, had they attempted updating the drivers they would have discovered the card was faulty.
Just got back from them now, graphics card was faulty, they installed another one and updated the drivers, all's well, machine working fine

mandru

Who says lighting only strikes once?

My observations is that it continues hitting the same spot over and over until it doesn't stick up any more.  :D

Just the same nex I'm glad they've got it sorted out for you.  :-X
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳