Modding Guides & Tutorials

Started by RedRaven, March 17, 2010, 04:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

MOD TUTORIAL 01 
TUTORIAL FOR MODIFICATION OF STARTING EQUIPMENT

This Tutorial will enable you to customise the equipment you start with in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat to what ever you choose.

To begin with open the file named "character_desc_general"  in the downloads section click here (along with a text file with all the following info on), or if you have unpacked the database files from the game already it is found in "gamedata/configs/gameplay". The file is an XML document but can be opened with notepad if you have no XML or C++ editor. When open the following section is the one you need to focus on for your starting gear, it is about 10 or so lines down from the top of the page. 

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
<specific_character id="actor" no_random = "1">
         <name>st_actor_name</name>
         <icon>ui_inGame2_Hero</icon>
         <map_icon x="2" y="5"></map_icon>

<team>Actor</team>
         <supplies>
            [spawn] 
            device_torch 
            wpn_binoc 
            wpn_knife 
            detector_simple 
            helm_respirator 
            stalker_outfit 
            grenade_rgd5 = 2 
            wpn_pm_actor   
            ammo_9x18_fmj = 3 
            wpn_ak74u 
            ammo_5.45x39_fmj = 3 
            bandage = 2 
            antirad = 1 
            medkit = 4 
            bread = 1 
            kolbasa = 1 
            conserva = 2 
          </supplies>
          <money min="2500"  max="2500"  infinitive="0"/>

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
As you can see its a simple list structure, some items followed a number, this number is how many of that item you will get, for example "conserva = 2  " shows you will get 2 tins of food in your inventory at the start of the game.
Some entries in the list should not be changed at all, these are "device_torch , wpn_knife , wpn_binoc" they are essential equipment that does not appear anywhere in your inventory so don't risk losing them for good!

To change any weapons, ammo, armour and helmets consult the lists below to find out the PROGRAM name of what you want, then simply replace the relevant text in the XML file.
For example, to start with a Black Kite (Desert Eagle) replace "wpn_pm_actor" to "wpn_desert_eagle".  Now you need to replace the ammo, the lists below shows each weapons ammo type. As with the weapon just replace "ammo_9x18_fmj" with "ammo_11.43x23_fmj" or "ammo_11.43x23_hydro". If you want to start with more than 3 boxes change the number to how many you want.
Changing Armour and Helmets works in exactly the same way, consult the list and replace the entry.

EXAMPLE CHANGES
  In the starting equipment list below the Armour, Helmet, Pistol and Rifle have all been changed,  also as well as changing the ammo to match the new weapons the amount has been changed from 3 to 5 boxes of each.

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
<specific_character id="actor" no_random = "1">
         <name>st_actor_name</name>
         <icon>ui_inGame2_Hero</icon>
         <map_icon x="2" y="5"></map_icon>

<team>Actor</team>
         <supplies>
            [spawn] 
            device_torch 
            wpn_binoc 
            wpn_knife 
            detector_simple 
            helm_battle 
            cs_heavy_outfit 
            grenade_rgd5 = 2 
            wpn_beretta   
            ammo_9x19_fmj = 5 
            wpn_lr300 
            ammo_5.56x45_ss190 = 5 
            bandage = 2 
            antirad = 1 
            medkit = 4 
            bread = 1 
            kolbasa = 1 
            conserva = 2 
          </supplies>
          <money min="2500"  max="2500"  infinitive="0"/>

At the bottom of the supplies list is the amount of money you begin with, if you want to start with a different amount change both the min and max to how much you want. For example <money min="15000"  max="15000"  infinitive="0" />.

:PISTOLS:

:PROGRAM NAME:     :GAME NAME:      :AMMO TYPE:
wpn_desert_eagle    = Black Kite         = ammo_11.43x23_fmj, ammo_11.43x23_hydro
wpn_fort                 = Fora 12             = ammo_9x18_fmj, ammo_9x18_pmm
wpn_hpsa                = HPSS 1m          = ammo_9x19_fmj, ammo_9x19_pbp
wpn_colt1911          = Kora 919           = ammo_11.43x23_fmj, ammo_11.43x23_hydro
wpn_beretta            = Martha              = ammo_9x19_fmj, ammo_9x19_pbp
wpn_pb                   = Pb-1s               = ammo_9x18_fmj, ammo_9x18_pmm
wpn_pm                  = PMm                 = ammo_9x18_fmj, ammo_9x18_pmm
wpn_sig220             = SIP-t M200        = ammo_11.43x23_fmj, ammo_11.43x23_hydro
wpn_usp                 = UDP Compact     = ammo_11.43x23_fmj, ammo_11.43x23_hydro
wpn_walther           = Walker P9m        = ammo_9x18_fmj, ammo_9x18_pmm

:SHOTGUNS:

:PROGRAM NAME:      :GAME NAME:         :AMMO TYPE:
wpn_bm16                   = sawed-off shotgun   = ammo_12x70_buck
wpn_protecta               = eliminator               = ammo_12x70_buck, ammo_12x76_zhekan
wpn_toz34                   = hunting shotgun      = ammo_12x70_buck, ammo_12x76_zhekan
wpn_spas12                 = spas 14                  = ammo_12x70_buck, ammo_12x76_zhekan
wpn_wincheaster1300   = chaser 13               = ammo_12x70_buck, ammo_12x76_zhekan

:RIFLES:

:PROGRAM NAME:     :GAME NAME:        :AMMO TYPE:
wpn_abakan           = AC-96/2               = ammo_5.45x39_fmj, ammo_5.45x39_ap
wpn_ak74              = AKM-74/2             = ammo_5.45x39_fmj, ammo_5.45x39_ap
wpn_ak74u            = AKM-74/2U           = ammo_5.45x39_fmj, ammo_5.45x39_ap
wpn_fn2000           = FT-200M              = ammo_5.56x45_ss190, ammo_5.56x45_ap
wpn_gauss             = Gauss Rifle            = ammo_gauss, ammo_gauss_cardan
wpn_groza             = Tunder S14          = ammo_9x39_pab9, ammo_9x39_ap     
wpn_g36               = GP37                   = ammo_5.56x45_ss190, ammo_5.56x45_ap
wpn_l85                = IL 86                   = ammo_5.56x45_ss190, ammo_5.56x45_ap
wpn_lr300             = TRs301                = ammo_5.56x45_ss190, ammo_5.56x45_ap
wpn_mp5              = Viper 5                = ammo_9x19_fmj, ammo_9x19_pbp   
wpn_sig550           = SGI-5k                 = ammo_5.56x45_ss190, ammo_5.56x45_ap
wpn_svd               = SVDm-2               = ammo_7.62x54_7h1   
wpn_svu               = SVUmk2               = ammo_7.62x54_7h1
wpn_val                = SA Avalanche        = ammo_9x39_pab9, ammo_9x39_ap
wpn_vintorez         = Vintar BC              = ammo_9x39_pab9, ammo_9x39_ap

:ARMOUR:

:PROGRAM NAME:              :GAME NAME:
specops_outfit                      = Berill-5M
military_outfit                       = Bulat armour suit
stalker_outfit                        = Sunrise bodysuit
scientific_outfit                     = SEVA bodysuit
exo_outfit                            = Exoskeleton
svoboda_light_outfit              = Wind of Freedom
svoboda_heavy_outfit           = Freedom Guard
cs_heavy_outfit                    = CS-3a body armour
dolg_outfit                           = PS5-M
dolg_heavy_outfit                 = PSZ-9d

:HELMETS:

:PROGRAM NAME:            :GAME NAME:
helm_respirator                   = Gasmask
helm_hardhat                      = Steel Helmet
helm_protective                  = Screen Helmet
helm_tactic                         = Tactical Helmet
helm_battle                         = Sphere M12 Helmet

The images below shows all the standard versions of the weapons and armours available, it doesn't show the versions you can buy through nimble but will post them when I can

[smg id=2088]

[smg id=2124]

[smg id=2125]

(that's the basics for now, will add lists covering Food, Meds and other equipment as soon as I can)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Excellent!  :-X

Do you know where to change entries for weapons (maybe armour, too) so they stop degrading? I want at least one weapon that lasts forever  :) Would be so cool...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

NON-DEGRADING ARMOUR

Go to gamedata\configs\misc and find OUTFIT.ltx.

Then go down past the first 40 or so lines of text until you see the following :-

;----------------------------------------------
[novice_outfit]:outfit_base

This is the first actual piece of armour in the file, the other suits are below it but the text layout is the same for each suit.
Now scroll down to the bottom of the entry for that suit. See below -

[sect_novice_outfit_immunities_add]
burn_immunity                      = -0.01
strike_immunity                    = 0.0
shock_immunity                    = -0.01
wound_immunity                   = -0.01
radiation_immunity                = 0.0
telepatic_immunity                 = 0.0
chemical_burn_immunity        = -0.01
explosion_immunity                = -0.01
fire_wound_immunity             = -0.005

To stop degradation simply make all the value 0.0, ending up like -

[sect_novice_outfit_immunities_add]
burn_immunity                      = 0.0
strike_immunity                    = 0.0
shock_immunity                    = 0.0
wound_immunity                   = 0.0
radiation_immunity                = 0.0
telepatic_immunity                 = 0.0
chemical_burn_immunity        = 0.0
explosion_immunity                = 0.0
fire_wound_immunity             = 0.0

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

RedRaven

NON DEGRADING WEAPONS

Go to gamedata/configs/weapons. There you will find 44 .ltx files, one for each weapon and a few others.Open the file for the weapon you want to not degrade, go down approx 40 lines until you see this - ( The line you need is the Green one.)

hud                     = wpn_abakan_hud
misfire_probability        = 0.005 ;âåðîÿòíîñòü îñå÷êè ïðè ìàêñèìàëüíîì èçíîñå  !!!old - now not working
;èçíîøåííîñòü, ïðè êîòîðîé ïîÿâëÿåòñÿ øàíñ îñå÷êè
misfire_start_condition      = 0.6
;èçíîøåíîñòü ïðè êîòîðîé øàíñ îñå÷êè ñòàíîâèòñÿ êîíñòàíòíûì
misfire_end_condition      = 0.1
;øàíñ îñå÷êè ïðè èçíîøåíîñòè áîëüøå ÷åì misfireStartCondition
misfire_start_prob           = 0.0037
;øàíñ îñå÷êè ïðè èçíîøåíîñòè áîëüøå ÷åì misfireEndCondition
misfire_end_prob           = 0.05
;óâåëè÷åíèå èçíîøåíîñòè ïðè îäèíî÷íîì âûñòðåëå

condition_shot_dec         = 0.0012
;óâåëè÷åíèå èçíîøåíîñòè ïðè âûñòðåëå î÷åðåäüþ
condition_queue_shot_dec   = 0.0013

ammo_elapsed        = 30           ; obsolete
ammo_mag_size        = 30           ; clip (magazine) size

Change the numbers at the end to 0.0 and now your weapon will not break on you.

Art Blade

cool, got to test that  :-X Thanks, matey  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Cool, let me know if there are any problems and will look in to it again, also think I may have a solution to your weather question too, will let you know asap.

Art Blade

kewl (sorry for "leetspeak") that would be awesome. It's not that I don't like the weather the game sports, but I do miss a bit of sunshine now and then. Too bloody rare, isn't it.

Art Blade

Apparently the weather and anti-headbob mods w@&k :)

I'm right now modding the protective helmet (the one that looks like cut off of a SEVA suit) because usually (if ever) other stalkers don't wear those (we don't want to give them the opportunity to enhance their abilities, do we?) :)

I added this to the existing lines. NV3 is best because per NV level the green spectrum broadens, so with NV3 you can read your artefact detector without its display starting to white-out on you.

The enemies show distance upgrade (relates to the minimap) usually is only available to the tactical helmet, and it would upgrade to 35. So I enhanced the protective helmet even more :)

nightvision_sect   = effector_nightvision_3
nearest_enemies_show_dist      = 50

I'll check the degrading stuff next.

Art Blade

Yay! I've decided to mod the upgrade file for the GP37 (usually enemies don't upgrade their G37s) to be found in

\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call Of Pripyat\gamedata\configs\weapons\upgrades\w_g36_up.ltx

Now it has the following parameters that enter into force once you upgrade the tier1 scope of that rifle (edit: I hope, I modded it after having upgraded to tier2):

• (regular upgrade) scope zoom factor increased
  • attachable silencer
  • target tracker
  • silencer both in inventory and FPS-view visible, sound and muzzle flash appropriate

[up_sect_fourta_g36]
;Îïòèêà 1.5èêñ
;------------------
cost                  = 1200

scope_zoom_factor       = -15

scope_alive_detector = scope_detector
silencer_status            = 2
silencer_name           = wpn_addon_silencer
silencer_x              = 224               
silencer_y              = 13
snd_silncer_shot        = weapons\w_ak74_shot1
silencer_smoke_particles   = weapons\generic_shoot_00   
silencer_light_color    = 0.6,0.5,0.3
silencer_light_range    = 0.01
silencer_light_var_color= 0.05
silencer_light_var_range= 0.5
silencer_light_time     = 0.2

And it looks like this:

[smg id=2112 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

Just checked the degrading. Again, I decided to change the upgrades rather than the general weapon characteristics, because I think only the player upgrades the G37.

Now I added at the very top of the same file mentioned in the previous post:

[up_sect_firsta_g36]
;═Óõյݯ±‗³(1)10%
;--------------
cost                  = 900
value               = +10

;¾ÔÕÙÞ¸ÕÝÞÕ õÞ±´Õ­±ÞÞ Ô ´­¯÷ÕÝ‗Ó§ ´­Þ ýÓÛ±ÞýÓٳݯý Þþݯ±Õ
fire_dispersion_condition_factor    = -1 ;15
;¾ÔÕÙÞ¸ÕÝÞÕ Þþݯ°Õݯ±‗Þ ´­Þ Ô¹±‗­ÕÙÕ ¯¸Õ­Õõ³■

condition_queue_shot_dec   = -1.0000 ; -0.0002 ;0.0013
;¾ÔÕÙÞ¸ÕÝÞÕ Þþݯ°Õݯ±‗Þ ´­Þ ¯õÞݯ¸Ý¯ý Ô¹±‗­ÕÙÕ

condition_shot_dec         = -1.0000 ; -0.0002 ;0.0011

I believe that the "queue shot dec" has to do with automatic or rapid fire.

Using a negative value of 1 means the weapon heals itself rather than degrades while being fired.

It works :)

Art Blade

I must say, now that I started modding gear (only that helmet and the G36 so far) the game has become even more attractive regarding free play. Once you went through the mildly annoying hell of a complete game, you might find extra fun in becoming a weapon mechanic, making your own upgrades. :)

Art Blade

I'm experimenting some more, right now I have added better scope functionality (higher zoom) and a lot more bullet speed and impact to it. I keep modding the upgrade files only, so that basics stay basics.

Now this is the enhanced version for the G37 (I delete that gibberish, which should have been cyrillic letters, for readability reasons):

[up_sect_firsta_g36]
;--------------
cost                  = 900

fire_dispersion_condition_factor    = -1 ;15
condition_queue_shot_dec   = -1.0000 ; -0.0002 ;0.0013
condition_shot_dec         = -1.0000 ; -0.0002 ;0.0011
misfire_start_prob           = 0.0000 ;-0.0015
misfire_end_prob           =  0.0000 ;-0.025 ;0.03
bullet_speed          = +300
hit_impulse            = +500
ammo_mag_size          = +70
rpm                     = +100
scope_zoom_factor       = -15

What you can see is condition dec values are negative="healing" and the rest should be self-explanatory, maybe apart from RPM which is the rate of fire (rounds per minute)

I have also modded the hunting rifle (HEHE) so I can blow any crap away that stands in my way  ;D

The hunting rifle upgrade is this:

\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call Of Pripyat\gamedata\configs\weapons\upgrades\w_toz34_up.ltx

[up_sect_firsta_toz34]
cost                  = 200

condition_queue_shot_dec   = -1.0000 ; -0.0005 ;0.0013
condition_shot_dec         = -1.0000 ; -0.0005 ;0.0011
bullet_speed            = +200
hit_impulse       = +200

And the result... that rifle packs quite a punch  ;D , like that:

[smg id=2113 align=center width=400]

RedRaven

Good to see your getting to grips with the .LTX files, there are a lot of things that can be tweaked with weapons and armour through them.

Enjoy your pumped up guns ;D

PZ

Really cool guys - modding is one of my favorite things to do with games - even if I don't create the mods myself  :-X

Art Blade

Modding means to change something in the game, and people who do so most certainly do it because they themselves or someone else thinks there is room for improvement. Even if it just means to have guns with more firepower or a simple god mode. I admire people who manage to mod a game in a way that the looks change, like adding meshes, textures, sounds and so on, sometimes even the goal of the game is changed. Personally, I started modding long ago on a low level, just to enhance my own abilities or weapons. Like that, I get a custom game to my taste, and I have the freedom to mod what I want. The stuff I do is usually something I'd call "cheat" just like now, cranking up weapons and armour (well, night vision needs to be part of the equipment, I haven't found a way to implement that into my character's body yet, hehe). Thanks to some publishers who allow us to do so. I always liked games that allowed modding. Do it yourself, is what I like about it :)

PZ

Indeed - Open Architecture Games  ;)

Art Blade

Didn't realise there was that term or if I did, I didn't realise what it meant. Thanks for that info :)

On a sidenote, funny thing: My "special" weapons heal themselves when fired. In the game, I once got into a situation where I could decide whether or not to hand over my own gear to bandits, and this time I did (geez, they took like 10 very valuable items such as the unique gauss rifle along with a few modded weapons). I was lucky, in my inventory was still some stuff left, one modded pistol among it. So I was able to kill all bandits, and one of them had all my stuff on him. I looted him and oh dear, my beloved and highly modded G37 was degraded down to zero! Now I thought hold on a minute, let's see if... and I fired a couple of rounds, checked its stats, and indeed, it was back to say 30%. So I fired some more rounds and the weapon completely healed itself  ;D

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on March 21, 2010, 11:59:26 AM
Didn't realise there was that term or if I did, I didn't realise what it meant. Thanks for that info :)

There isn't (at least I don't think that there is) - I just made that up because your original comment instantly brought it to my mind, and it sounded good  ;D

That's funny about your self-healing weapon - good one!  :-X

RedRaven

Quote from: PZ on March 21, 2010, 12:12:29 PMThat's funny about your self-healing weapon - good one!  :-X

Its one of the simple little changes I often like to do, usually with the SA Avalanche, also usually increase ammo capacity to 50 and make sure it has Single shot, 3 Round burst and Full Auto.

Its hugely entertaining to play around with the stats of a basic pistol like the Makarov so it ends up with No recoil, 1000 round capacity, full auto fire at 600 rpm, effective range increased to around 2000 metres, and tweaked so that when it hits it does so with the force more akin to that of a Main Battle Tanks primary cannon.
All you have to worry about then is if any enemies have the same weapon as all the NPC's weapons are from the same data files as yours :-\ . There is a way around that by making your weapon 'Unique' but I will write a full tutorial on how to go about doing that after I get done with the second part of the 'Starting Equipment' tutorial (which would of been done days ago if not for new the Borderlands DLC and the release of Metro 2033 as well as late night poker sessions with some friends ;D ).

Art Blade

Quote from: RedRaven on March 21, 2010, 01:38:31 PM
All you have to worry about then is if any enemies have the same weapon as all the NPC's weapons are from the same data files as yours :-\ .

That's why I bind my modifications to the upgrade files. They will not be effective until you upgrade. I find it easiest to pack everything you want into the first upgrade option, which is available to the player at any time. From what I know of all the gazillions of weapons I looted from NPCs, I think it is safe to say that they don't use upgraded weapons. Yes, I have seen upgrades, but those were special items that came with treasure hunts, not in active use of NPCs. :)

Art Blade

Now I'm satisfied, found another entry that does the real trick for a gun. My hunting rifle finally behaves like I expect it to, it simply blows a target away.  ;D

[up_sect_firsta_toz34]
cost = 200
value = +10

condition_queue_shot_dec   = -1.0000
condition_shot_dec = -1.0000
bullet_speed = +700
hit_impulse= +500

hit_power = 5.00, 5.00, 5.00, 5.00
fire_distance = 500

JRD

Hey Red... I know I was one to ask you to come up with such topic, which you managed to perform with excellent proficiency, and ever since I didn't  give you any feedback here...
That's because I've been out of gaming for over a month now... lots of new things going on on real life right now and I'm still stuck in the early levels of Shadow of Chernobyl with lots of missions to do at the bar  :-[

In due time I'll be back to The Zone and some virtual reality / real virtuality...

Well done mate... congrats for the great w@&k  :-X :-X

You too Art... always watching for places to things and things in place...  :-X :-X :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

No probs JRD, pretty busy on the physical plane of existence myself at the moment, every time sit in front of PC end up almost falling asleep. Will be heading back into the Zone myself at some point, 100 rads bar does a half decent Bloodsucker steak ;D .

Good hunting Stalker.

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on March 20, 2010, 12:53:20 PM
snd_silncer_shot        = weapons\w_ak74_shot1

Since the weapon does sound silenced, the programmers must really have worked on with that typo all the time  :) (the E is missing in silEncer, all other variables are correct)

RedRaven

never noticed that before, could be an error in translation too as the Dev's are from the Ukraine.

Tags:
🡱 🡳