Sniper Elite

Started by GPFontaine, March 15, 2010, 05:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPFontaine

For $2, it is hard not to buy a game that has over a 70 rating on MetaCritic.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3700

I picked it up and am downloading it now.  I have no idea how good it is, but the reviews seem to indicate that it is a shorter campaign but easily worth $2.

RedRaven

Bargain, got to love a bit of sniper action. Nice find GPFontaine, downloading it right now :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

GPFontaine

Quote from: RedRaven on March 16, 2010, 05:55:09 AMBargain, got to love a bit of sniper action. Nice find GPFontaine, downloading it right now :-X
I gave it about an hour and finished the first mission.  I finished it up, but honestly was very frustrated by the tutorial's constant pausing and the lack of a in game control manual.  Getting a one time tip for key commands that you use infrequently is frustrating.

I got alert after alert about how my score was diminishing because I was saving too often.  Really?  I don't care about my score, I just want to survive my first frigg'n level.

I can't seem to figure out why a rifle round doesn't knock people over more often.  I was under the impression that a round would pretty much knock you over if it hit you anywhere.  Not that it matters much, I started to get the hang of it and head shotting cleared up that issue.

Player control is sloppy at best.  You slip and slide around as though the ground were made of ice.  The action commands are sticky.  You have to hold the action options in some cases and tap them in others.  On screen notices let you know which one to use.  It makes sense that you need multiple ones because you sometimes must do two things at once, but they didn't really make the keyboard options intuitive.

I'll play it a bit more and am not sad about spending $2.  I hope to get another hour or two out of it and then I'll be satisfied.

I would argue that buying a Dragunov in FC2 and running around sniping for two or three hours is more fun.

Art Blade

I can see why this game sells at $2 -- Thanks for "testing" GPFontaine ;)

I hope you get a little more fun out of it over time, given you do continue playing.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - thanks for the mini-review.  $2 is not too bad though, for a couple of hours of entertainment - cheaper than a hamburger or a night at the movies.

Tags:
🡱 🡳