Assassin's Creed II

Started by mmosu, October 25, 2009, 06:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

I wasn't expecting much for them.  And I don't think the situation was negotiable, seems like it was all done through a central database using the ISBN numbers to ID each book.  Kind of like when you sell back an old video game, most chain stores have a central database that dictates how much they are allowed to pay you for them.  At any rate, they weren't worth anything to me anymore, so $16 isn't too bad in hindsight. Guess somebody has to make money on this deal  ???

Art Blade

:) Yeah, I've seen stores here use a database too.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Royally sucks for the customer though, no chance to haggle over it  >:(

Art Blade

there's always a real flea market :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Hope you enjoy Borderlands mate :)

Assassins Creed 1, when I bought it, the package included the strategy guide plus a hardback (coffee table sized) book with the art w@&k from the game, architecture, clothing etc. from the period, it was a facinating read, so I can imagine wha a cool find that was for you :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

spaceboy

great find on the book I wonder if it touches on any of the storyline from ACII?  I may have to look into that book -sounds intersting!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mmosu

I didn't get far enough into it to find out, they had my alleged "offer" ready in ten minutes as promised. 

@ Fiach:  Got Borderlands yesterday, once I've played enough to form some opinions I will post them (but so far I am pleased  ;D)

Fiach

Coolness :)

One tip (360 controls,), maybe you know this, but anyway, when you get the buggy, as you are driving, Press "A" to lock onto an enemy, subsequent presses of "A", will cycle through the enemies. Its not so much an issue until the second area (Dhal), where you have vehicular combat and the area boss (which will be a pretty cool surprise), will fight you in his vehicle.

mmosu

Sounds good, thanks for the heads-up  :-X

Don't know what that translates to in PS3 controls but it shouldn't be too hard to sort out

Fiach

Probably "X" :)

Lock on and then trigger to fire, the gun will follow the enemies :)

Fiach

Just an interesting (to me anyway) FYI on the game, as it presents on different consoles.

AC2 Console comparisions :

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=16415

mmosu

Quote from: Fiach on November 16, 2009, 05:05:05 PM
Lock on and then trigger to fire, the gun will follow the enemies :)

Isn't technology wonderful  ;)

Art Blade

Art Blade

On topic:

Yesterday the shoutbox was full of comments on ACII, and space already playing it, so I went to my local dealer and started laughing hysterically... because the game for PC will be out in FEBRUARY 2010  >:( :D >:( :D >:( :D

PZ

I was actually thinking of getting it for the console because I need something new for my weekend morning ritual  :-X

Art Blade

I've watched a couple of vids on youtube and I really want this game. Well, I can wait  ;D

Fiach

I played a bit of it and went back to DAO, I didnt really like AC1, so its no surprise.

I found the combat sluggish and the graphics are great, but the Depth of Field thing really grates on my eyes.

Those tha enjoy the game are really having fun though, so I reckon if you are into AC, then you should get it.

I was even offered a free copy and turned it down LOL!  :D

JRD

I'm waiting for spaceboy's review...
Not that I don't trust you Fiach... but I guess that's just the kind of game that spaceboy loves...

Quote from: Art Blade on November 26, 2009, 11:23:14 AM
On topic:

Yesterday the shoutbox was full of comments on ACII, and space already playing it, so I went to my local dealer and started laughing hysterically... because the game for PC will be out in FEBRUARY 2010  >:( :D >:( :D >:( :D

In the original AC it gave devs time to fix lots of stuf... fingers crossed then  ;)

Quote from: Fiach on November 26, 2009, 12:02:56 PM
I was even offered a free copy and turned it down LOL!  :D

I thought about a comment on that one, but never mind............  ::)

(just kidding)

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mmosu

I think for me ACII is going to have to wait a few months until I'm bored with Borderlands.  I look forward to reading everyone's opinions here though.

Art Blade

I've watched a series of three connected vids that revealed a couple of interesting things.

- There is kind of a HQ where you can store your collected stuff
- Instead of flags, you collect feathers and put them into a chest
- You gather money (ie by looting bodies)
- You can buy loads of different stuff in bazars, shops etc
- Various sorts of armour and weapons, all upgradeable

Man, it looked just great :)

Fiach

No mate dont get me wrong, I think its a great game, I just didnt like it :)

JRD

Quote from: Fiach on November 26, 2009, 03:23:09 PM
No mate dont get me wrong, I think its a great game, I just didnt like it :)

Chillax... I know... I was kidding

I would say you could've made a quiz at OWG and the winner would have the prize...... hahahahahahaha... like what spaceboy did in his great website!!!

But again, I was just kidding!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Fiach

Ah, OK :)

Nah a magazine offered me their review copy, but I figured that they should give it to someone that really wanted it, I would just have traded it in for sometning else in a shop.

Tags:
🡱 🡳