Assassin's Creed II gameplay - guard kills

Started by spaceboy, December 04, 2009, 06:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

I recorded a few kills of guards so no spoilers.  Two double hidden blade kills, one poison kill, one with a throwing knife, and a few with just the hidden blade.  This game does such a better job at making you feel like a badass assassin than the first one did.  Nothing better than taking out a few guards and walking away slowly and confidently.

Make sure to watch carefully after the poison kill, when the guards harass me 'cause I hung out too long.  I didn't even notice originally but I lunge and kill 2 of the remaining 3 at once - damn I'm better than I thought I was...

[smg id=1728 type=av]
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Great video space - where did you find the second retractable dagger?

spaceboy

I believe I got that from da Vinci.  What interactions have you had with him yet?

PZ

Only the first one where I went to ask him to fix my father's broken retractable blade.  However, I just completed a quest at the villa in which I needed to find 4 codex pages - the next assignment is to take them to Leonardo.

On an aside, I was able to play for an hour or so this morning and had fun learning the sword play techniques, followed by a quest to kill the banker's kid in Tuscany.

spaceboy

Cool.  I recently bought a scimitar (sp?) like a big pirate sword, but I want to go back to this new mace like thing that just opened up for me to buy.

da Vinci can be found near the middle of Florence (marked with an L on your map).

It's funny with all the side missions how much time you can spend without advancing the story.  I just raided another Assassin's tomb in Forli (that city isn't open to you yet), but the story mission to get to here was different and pretty fun.

Art Blade

I liked your vid, space :) I picked it from the front page at OWG, not knowing it was you who recorded it, and I thought hey, that guy's really cool how he walks away so slowly  ;D ;D ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

thanks Art!  that's kind of what I mean about the game allowing you to be a cool under pressure.  Much less running away than the first.  But of course, maybe it's not the game...maybe it's the "bleeding effect" from the animus.  Lucy tells Desmond he will start to learn the skills of his ancestors (just like how he had Eagle Vision at the end of the first game).   hmmmm, maybe that's happening to me   ???   lol  :P

Art Blade

lol  ;D I'd like to know if you get a nice set of retractable blades from your wife as a christmas present ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

A funny note - I was just reading these AC2 posts when my eldest son phoned - during the conversation he asked "Dad, you ever hear of Assassins Creed?"

It turns out that he purchased the game during Thanksgiving week some time, probably around the same time that my wife brought home my copy.  He was telling me of his adventures in the AC2 open world.  Evidently we are close to the same position in the game (he recently killed the smart-alec kid) but then also killed his father (a part I missed), yet I have high-priced armor available to me while he does not.

We came to the conclusion that the open world nature of the game allowed him to do several side missions while I went a different route.  He has weapons I do not have, and I have armor that he doesn't.  This continues to be a fun game  :-X

spaceboy

that's great PZ!  you guys can share stories - hey how come he's not posting here???????????????

Art - I like your way of thinking, but I suppose nowadays the need for hidden retractable blades aren't needed as much.  Now if I can find a modern day da Vinci to fashion me a retractable bottle opener...

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on December 04, 2009, 11:22:34 AM
... Now if I can find a modern day da Vinci to fashion me a retractable bottle opener...

lol!

I'm not sure why he isn't online more; he is a kid after all  ;D

Art Blade

Quote from: spaceboy on December 04, 2009, 11:22:34 AMNow if I can find a modern day da Vinci to fashion me a retractable bottle opener...

You'll hopefully laugh or at least smile at the story I'm going to tell you :) During one of my recent vacations to Spain I wanted to buy a new pair of flip-flops, so I went to El Corte Inglés (kind of a multi-store shopping mall) and after a while I found some that I liked (I still have those). There was one thing though that made me wonder, a small metal thingy that was inserted into the sole -- there was a little excavation so the metal thingy wouldn't scratch the ground while walking. There was a little booklet tied to one side so I skimmed it, and there it was: it was a bottle opener. The one we need to open beer bottles here, we can't twist them open, we need a tool. Beer bottles have crown caps here, and now, when I was at the beach, I could open a bottle of beer with my shoes  ;D

spaceboy

ah, I do appreciate and enjoy that story Art.  You see alot of bottle openers here on key chains and even on the brims of hats (baseball style caps).  Once a long time ago before i went off to college a cousin of mine showed me how to pry a bottle cap off with the butt end of a plastic lighter - course i don't/didn't smoke but others did and that came in handy many a times.

A few of the beers I drink will have twist off caps but primarly they are not and I need to use an opener.

Maybe keeping with the Assassin's Creed hidden blade idea we can have one with a bottle opener and one with a corkscrew - I know PZ prefers his wine!

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on December 04, 2009, 12:00:08 PM
Quote from: spaceboy on December 04, 2009, 11:22:34 AMNow if I can find a modern day da Vinci to fashion me a retractable bottle opener...

You'll hopefully laugh or at least smile at the story I'm going to tell you :) During one of my recent vacations to Spain I wanted to buy a new pair of flip-flops, so I went to El Corte Inglés (kind of a multi-store shopping mall) and after a while I found some that I liked (I still have those). There was one thing though that made me wonder, a small metal thingy that was inserted into the sole -- there was a little excavation so the metal thingy wouldn't scratch the ground while walking. There was a little booklet tied to one side so I skimmed it, and there it was: it was a bottle opener. The one we need to open beer bottles here, we can't twist them open, we need a tool. Beer bottles have crown caps here, and now, when I was at the beach, I could open a bottle of beer with my shoes  ;D

:-X :-X :-X :-X
Now thats a da Vinci idea.... maybe he'd place a cork screw there instead!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 04, 2009, 12:00:08 PM
... and now, when I was at the beach, I could open a bottle of beer with my shoes  ;D

ROFL - you guys are hilarious!

@Art - may you never step in dog soil  ;D

Art Blade

I was just thinking about that, too  ;D

- Oi, I need a bottle opener.. Anyone got a plastic lighter?
- Gimme that, mate! I can do it! *plop* Here's yer bottle.
- Cool. Damn dark here at night, can't see a thing. Ah, got it...
- *plop*
- Did ya just open one for yerself?
- Yeah, mate.
- Ewwww. That beer has an awful aftertaste.
- Lemme see... Yuck. Mine too...
- Bloody hell! That bottle is slippery, as if someone greased it.
- I really don't like the beer here, mate.
- Nah, me neither.

;D

PZ

JRD

Its like Corona, with that lemon slice in it... but a different thing instead of lemon!  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Actually, as far as I know, the slice of lime or lemon originally did not belong into the bottle/-neck. Imagine Mexican desert. Dust. Dirt. So, I've been told, the slice served for cleaning the dusty dirty bottleneck and was to be thrown away after cleaning it. In wikipedia I've just read that in Mexico the slice is less common than elsewhere :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳