Lvl 50 yet?

Started by mmosu, March 14, 2010, 06:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

Just got my first character build (Mordecai) to level 50 last night, and since I don't have the Secret Armory yet that's all there is for now.  I'm about half way through playthrough 2 with him, and I'm thinking that I should leave the rest of those missions until after I have the next DLC so that I can put all that exp toward reaching level 61.  Is anyone else at this point, and if so, how are you rationalizing "saving" exp points toward the new level cap in the third DLC?

RedRaven

I've got all 3 of the DLC installed but still only level 40. Have found that corrosive damage weapons are handy against the new Crimson Lance enemies from Secret Armoury. And so far only got the 'Monster' vehicle to try out, still want to get my mits on one of the Lance's armoured beasts ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mmosu

I do love to hear that Lance armor sizzle!   ;D

mmosu

Ok, so it looks like the method I've described above will w@&k.
In the main game the level cap is at 50, so it seems that once you reach this point any exp you gain after that evaporates into thin air and doesn't go toward anything.  If however, you play until you reach level 50 during playthrough 2 and then stop and add on the Secret Armory DLC which resets the level cap at 61, you can resume play on the main game missions and the exp gained from those will now be applied toward reaching the new level cap.  It should make reaching the new limit easier to do, as the biggest exp gains are had through completing story missions.  This may seem obvious to some, but I wanted to test it to make sure there weren't any blocks in place preventing you from "saving" these missions back for this purpose. 

Art Blade

well done and nice of you to test that theory -- this will be useful for other players  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Thanks Art - it's definately confirmed now.  I just leveled up to 52 by turning in a mission that I completed before I even started the newest DLC.  Fire away boys, fire away  :-*

Tags:
🡱 🡳