Truck, meet Gazelle (or is it a springbok?) {Gemsbok? Whatever}

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 29, 2009, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

I was driving to the northern bus depot when I got out and was going to take a screen shot of the moon over the mountains reflecting on the small lake with some gazelle next to it. The gazelle got spooked, and one of them ran past me. I heard a thump and looked around to see he had run head on into the front of my truck and died. The other gazelle then ran up and did the same thing, only he didn't die, he just kept head-butting the bumper of the truck:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Eventually, I walked around to the other side and must have spooked him or something, and he ran and actually pushed the truck up the hill!!

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Who knew those little guys were so strong! He eventually got tired of it, and ran off.

Really wish I had a video of that one. I need to hook up to a DVR and just record everything I do while playing just in case.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spaceboy

Cool.  I particularly like the fly in the second picture apparantly watching along with you.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Nice catch of the detail spaceboy,

Every time I play the game I wish that I could capture what I'm seeing, thinking "man, I wish the guys could see this one".  Although not nearly as interesting as this one, I did the barge mission this morning and the barge ran over a gun boat - the tail end slid up the front of the barge and then the mass of the thing drive it straight down to the bottom.

Dweller_Benthos

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

A funny thing happened on the way to the Polytechnic University - turned off my music and came in via the southeastern road - was working my way up to the sniper position behind the white fence (forgot about the small post manned by 2 mercs) - heard the sound of voices behind me, which saved my butt.  I don't know if it was because the music was turned off, but the sound localization seemed to  be much better.  Additionally, for the first time I saw a flying bug pass me (just like the one in D_B's post), and the only reason I did was because I heard it in flight - truly is a more immersive experience with the music turned off.

Tags:
🡱 🡳