Possible bug

Started by deadman1, March 05, 2010, 07:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

I may have come across a bug in the game, I´m in Pripjyat and my mission is to turn off the radiojamming in the kindergarten. Having found the device I´m trying to open a door to  locker where a friendly character is hiding, I get the "open door (F) ) message but when I press F nothing happends. Have I missed something maybe?

Edit: I did miss something, like you actually have to destroy it completely before the game moves on.  :-[ ::)

Art Blade

Hehe  ;D The knocking came from downstairs, didn't it? :) Those two ghosts (light balls) can be killed with a knife, did you know that?  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Actually I didn´t try that, but since in freeplay now I might revisit that place  ;)

Art Blade

wow, sounds like you were rather quick :) I'm in free play and trying to find the underground of Pripyat. Only found one little tunnel with artefacts (bubble) where that first tool box is, I think it's called a mall (supermarket), to the east of the launderette base.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Yes I kinda rushed through Pripyat. I would also like to know where that underground is. However I´m getting low on funds so I think a little artifact hunt might be in order.

Art Blade

Best if you can keep two of a kind for yourself, like 2xbubble, 2xGoldfish. Those form my basic artefact loadout, adding 24kg of extra carryweight and along with "-2" radiation absorption. In Pripyat: One bubble I found in a tunnel in that mall. And Goldfish I found on the second floor of the H-shaped building with a torn-down façade, in the middle north. I also keep two fireballs, two flames etc for heat protection, healing and so on. Everything I have more than twice I sell to Beard. Try a savegame when in front of him and before you talk, then find out what artefacts he needs. Sometimes the reload works nicely, sometimes not, I guess it's luck, but I think saving before talking seems to maintain random requests for artefacts on Beard's side.

I am just standing there and thought I'd check here for a break, hehe :) Out of fun, I sold all my artefacts which he kept asking for (even those I'd never sell, such as bubbles) and I made like 250k only by selling my artefacts, totalling more than 500k  ;D Then I reloaded... reverted to "only" 250k. But, I've just sold ammo, pharmaceuticals etc to individual stalkers, and some weapons to Owl and the guy in Jupiter, totalling 50k during one trip from and to Pripyat. Make use of the free repair at Pripyat, you'll see how well that pays off :)

deadman1

Is there still free repair at Pripyat after the military guys left?

Art Blade

yes, in my case uncle Jar showed up and stayed there :)

RedRaven

I did that mission a bit backwards, I jumped up onto the roof instead of blowing the door open, shot the hell out of the make shift antenna then dropped down through the hole to free the cupboard dweller. Sadly it would not let me use the explosive anywhere else :(
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

same thing with those documents you might have obtained from the X8 labs. They stick with you no matter what.

I haven't been able to make use of the red key card yet, where need I go to use it?

RedRaven

The RED key card is used somewhere in the X8 lab, have read on the net that it opens a locker/ cupboard filled with supplies (medkits, bandages, ammo etc). Never got to that bit myself as I left X8 after finding only 1 or 2 of the documents there (to eager and impatient to get to the end of the story ::) , likewise never actually got to the downed UAV even though I knew there was one somewhere on the Jupiter map)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Ah, alright, cheers :)

You can do some kind of relaxed exploration (if being under hostile fire or attacked by a number of different creatures almost all the time can be called relaxed at all) and find out about stuff you missed the first time. Might come in handy the next playthrough  ;)

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳