Hey Play Fair.

Started by retiredgord, February 20, 2010, 09:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

HEY, PLAY FAIR.

I was going up towards the Mason Dixon Salvage to check out something nearby. I decided to fast travel to the area at                , the broken bridge with the trailer, to walk towards Mason. Well what an error. I popped in on the bridge about 10 ft from a Raider. He sees me and starts shooting and I see him and start backing away quickly shooting the Chinese Assault Rifle which I had wisely armed myself with before leaving . In backing up I fall in the collapsed part and temporarily get stuck until I jump backwards to free myself. Well I'm shooting at this Raider and his pal who had joined the fracas when I get hit from the side. I look around quick and there's a Giant Rad starting to chase me and behind him his companion. I firing and reloading and get a clip into the first to wound him enough that he stops . I then look over to see the companion G Rad is being followed or chase by (or is he after me also) a Super Mute. Gawd, what is happening. I shoot at the G Rad then the Scorpion and then back towards the Raider. I've put one down and the other takes a few in the head.
Now I'm in high gear going backwards I don't know where and do not see the small rock shelf behind me. I fall off but that's good 'cause the G Rad decides it's going to take the long way around. The big dumb Super Mute is still following it. I take the opportunity while still moving away to change to my flamer unit and get it ready for use. I do not see the rocks and the fallen tree behind me and I back into a corner of sorts. That's good for me as the rocks protect my six and all I have to worry about then is what's coming at me from the front. It's not good. It's the G Rad and the Super Mute and another  G Rad behind the Mute.  The G Rad strikes the Super Mute while I  draw a line of flame over the three of the creatures. I go thru I charge and switch quickly to the next. They can't get close enough to do real damage but I do take a couple of strikes. I take 2 Stims and get ready for more. The G Rads and the Super Mute go down and to be honest I'm not sure if I did all the damage to the Super Mute.
I catch my breath and get ready to move when I become cautious of another movement  off to my front right. It's another damn G Rad coming down the hill. I get out the dart and put 3 or 4 into it to slow it up and then charge and roast and toast that one as well. I run back to my spot, hop up to the top of the rock and wait. As I wait I see movement a little more distant and to my left rear and spot another G Rad. Where in Hell are all these things coming from, I ask the sky. I get out the dart and trying to save some ammo, I fire 7 dart into the thing as it comes slowly towards me suffering from what it inflicts on other creatures. It dies near the rock behind me opposite of the others. I wait but there is now no more movement.
I keep the flamer in my grasp and go back up the hill to see if there's anything more there. Nope, finally I'm alone. Again
I'm gonna post a pic (I hope) taken from the rock face but facing my spot. A Rad to the left. A Mute and two more Rad near the fallen trunk. I was in the wedge with my back to the rock. I know
I know, I know, I must play fair next time this happens. NOT.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Ricamundo

Those rad scorpions seem to be a bit over done in FO3 don't they?  ;) Don't forget that the poison gland is worth 15-20 caps, so at least they are of some use.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

gord, that sounds like you were close to breaking sweat, then  ;D

Nice story, and glad you survived with only a couple of stings and bite marks  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

I've managed to stash away about 20 or more spread out thru different parts of the wasteland. Since the things seem to be more numerous than Radroaches and give you caps I pick up as many as I can while still getting scrap and other useful stuff.
Right now I'm attempting to visit every place before , I hope, getting Broken Steel and before I start Waters. My son is showing me how to do the store thing.
BTW are the others worth getting? Is the game downloaded to your system or you play on their server?  I'm on PS3.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Ricamundo

If you mean the DLC games, i can vouch for Point Lookout, my fave, as its basically openworld, like the main game, except you're on an island. The others, are more linear and play like a shooter, to me, which isnt a bad thing. The cool thing about Broken Steel, is that you get to return to the main game once you've completed it, and pick up where you left off, so if you have unfinsihed business you can get to it. There's also some retrieval missions you can get from the Brotherhood that are quite profitable 8) Hint..collect cameras for later on. ;)

When i finally finished my 2nd playthru i had amassed 200,000 caps. ;D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I haven't totally finished anything yet because I'm still merrily modding and having lots of fun doing that.  However, I've dabbled in several of the DLC lands, and I agree with Ricamundo - Point Lookout is my favorite due to it's open world nature.  The others have been a bit linear, but not too bad.

Tags:
🡱 🡳