dart gun

Started by retiredgord, February 14, 2010, 06:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

I'm not sure if anyone has posted on this handy dandy gadget but if so please excuse the posting again. I got the schematics for this "little toy" and thought what the hey, I'll give it a try. Well with some ledge perching, some well-placed shots and some patience I discovered I LUV THIS GADGET. I can take down a human with 3 max, a Guai with 3-4 depending on the distance to the target, Rad Scorpions ( I love this one) with 3, annoy and slow down a Deathclaw with 4 or more and help a SuperMute on his way to their version of Hell with 3+ shots. All in all a very good weapon when you have cover and can't be seen. Mole rats become meat with 1. These counts may vary with distance and accuracy, lol.
I first I thought it was just a annoyance thing to cripple but it works great. I've got the parts for a second if needed and even tho I have oodles of ammo for all the weapons I'm enjoying sitting on ledges and being the bean counter of death.
Make one readers and enjoy it.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

Cool find, gord :)

I only realised very late in the game that the dart gun actually is cool.

For your information, you can improve any of those weapons by acquiring up to three schematics per weapon. Each of the two extra schematics increase performance :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I agree - have used the dart gun quite a bit - the slaver mod turns the dart gun into a weapon that stuns the victims, allowing you to put a slave collar on them.  :-X

Ricamundo

I very briefly, tried a dart gun, but i didn't have the luxury of a perch with cover, silly me. My prefferred weapons will always be the 2 Artmod guns, the Burnmaster, and Gatling Laser, with the Chinese Assault AK as my regular weapon of choice for human and small animal targets. 8)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

retiredgord

I've left the Burnmaster at home and "picked" up a gatling laser that the Outcast had dropped after I killed him.  I'm no longer liked by them near  Fort Independence. I have the Chinese Xuanlong Assault Rifle as well. The dart use was just for the stealth part of any missions as well as saving some ammo. I grab rock tops and high ground and scope the area in front and am lucky to have seen most of the big baddies before they saw me. I had picked up Vengeance in the Yao Guai sanctuary but leave that at home and carry a minigun or missile launcher  as heavy weapons.
I'm over-armed most  of the time but that's the way I survive without using any  mods available.
Call me crazy but I still enjoy the thrills and chills when I hear the very heavy breathing behind of a Gaui or that clicking hissing sound of a Rad Scorpion almost biting my a$$. Heck one day out wandering I just happened to run into three Rads and had dispatched them when a Gaui came to see what the party was about. I nearly crapped my pants when turning 360 all there was was some form of death. I used about 12 Stims in that fight and did a lot of backing up. Fortunately I had Vengeance and a good supply of energyfor it, but that went down quickly.
The devs are real mean and nasty for that one, just the way I like a game.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

sounds like a nice little adventure, then  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳