Steam Loyalty Promotion

Started by wexer9, February 13, 2010, 10:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wexer9

When I get around to buying CoP, I will be happy that Steam has a $10 off 'loyalty promotion', and according to Steam, it will go on indefinitely!

If you own either SoC or Clear Sky on Steam, CoP is only $19.99 on Steam, instead of the regular $29.99!

Quote from: Steam Update NewsS.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is now available on Steam! If you currently own either S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky you will receive the game at a discount, otherwise you will receive the game at the standard price. This loyalty promotion is indefinite!

Art Blade

My, my, are they growing a little desperate? Depriving themselves of like 1/3 of the regular amount? ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

wexer9

Nah, they're just being awesome. :P

Heck, I'm surprised to see this game going for $29.99 in the first place, most games start at $39.99! :o

RedRaven

Thats a great bonus, thanks to a hot tip from JRD just before xmas I got both Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky for next to nothing, now because of that I can get Call of Pripyat for only £15. Bargain.

Nice find wexer9. And cheers for letting us all know.

Would not be registered with Steam if not for the R.U.S.E beta test back in November, but I have been impressed at some of the deals they have on offer, best I saw was a THQ pack worth in excess of £170 if each product was purchased separately, the offer had them all for around £50. Which is a huge saving and better than any deal or offer I've ever seen from a conventional retailer.

And its very simple and straight forward to back up any purchase made onto a disc too, a feature I only noticed a few weeks ago!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Quote from: wexer9 on February 13, 2010, 10:18:34 AM
When I get around to buying CoP, I will be happy that Steam has a $10 off 'loyalty promotion', and according to Steam, it will go on indefinitely!

If you own either SoC or Clear Sky on Steam, CoP is only $19.99 on Steam, instead of the regular $29.99!

Quote from: Steam Update NewsS.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is now available on Steam! If you currently own either S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky you will receive the game at a discount, otherwise you will receive the game at the standard price. This loyalty promotion is indefinite!

Thats excellent news wexer9. Thanks a lot for the heads up  :-X

I got both Soc and CS on STEAM for US$ 6,98 ($4,99 + $1,99). Now I can have CoP for another $19,99, which is, as you mentioned, really cheap. Most games goes for at least $39,99!

Imagine having the whole series for $26,97!!  8)

Quote from: Art Blade on February 13, 2010, 10:31:34 AM
My, my, are they growing a little desperate? Depriving themselves of like 1/3 of the regular amount? ;D

Don't think so... actually, I think they probably sold a great deal of SoC and CS on the Christmas sale... this way they are sure bringing more people to buy their product! ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

JRD

I just checked the Loyalty pack at STEAM and it goes for 14,99!! They took another 5 buck off!
The non-promotional game is now 19,99!  8)

wexer9

Quote from: JRD on February 26, 2010, 11:38:49 AM
I just checked the Loyalty pack at STEAM and it goes for 14,99!! They took another 5 buck off!
The non-promotional game is now 19,99!  8)

Really? I'm not seeing that... :(

JRD

MUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUA...
Sorry about that... it is completely my fault!
You see... I usually browse STEAM from Brazil and, obviously, all prices are displayed in US dollars. Now I'm in England and just went to STEAM to take a look at possible offers. It might have read my IP and automatically set prices to english pounds...
So for me it IS 14,99... but pounds and not USD  :-[  :P
I was so happy I thought "Wow... they are really trying to get me to buy this game right away"
I only didn't see the symbol to the left of the price   :D

Sorry about that and disconsider my last post, you are absolutely right

wexer9

Tags:
🡱 🡳