Mods Discussion

Started by RedRaven, February 09, 2010, 03:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

This is the place for discussion of all things Mod-related.

There are plenty of mods available on the net for Clear Sky. Although not as many were for Shadow of Chernobyl there is still some good stuff out there.

One of the best places is here http://stalker.filefront.com/files/Stalker/Clear_Sky;10495

There is also a Head-bob fix with instructions on how to install it here http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=128

Enjoy and happy Stalking ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

thank you very much, sir  :-X :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: RedRaven on February 09, 2010, 03:46:28 PM
This is the place for discussion of all things Mod-related.

There are plenty of mods available on the net for Clear Sky. Although not as many were for Shadow of Chernobyl there is still some good stuff out there.

One of the best places is here http://stalker.filefront.com/files/Stalker/Clear_Sky;10495

Enjoy and happy Stalking ;D

Hey PZ, think you can put this link at the top menu, along with "Other sites"?
They really have lots of good stuff there and an easy-to-find link would be great!
Cheers mate!

Keep up the great w@&k Red... I`m on my way to the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant... slowly, but going  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Thanks a lot mate.

I can go straight to that site, but I like to take a look at OWG on my way!!  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

My pleasure - the top menus will be quite dynamic as games come and go - we are not limited to the number of menu items, nor their nesting.

wexer9

Just installed this game today, and I'm going to do a no-mod run first, like what I did with SoC. Well, except for the anti-head bob mod, of course. That's essential. :)

Diablo_Lobo

Now see what you guys have done to me.

I originally came here, looking to mod Far Cry 2. And I have managed to mod it so that my grandson can play it very well for someone new to Adventure/ FPS gaming. He is only 7. Thanks for all of the modding tips everyone. :-X

But then I look down the list over at the side, and started eye-balling those S.T.A.L.K.E.R. forums.

So I have decided, I am not making another run at FC2 just now. I am going to play the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series again, and there is a really interesting mod to SoC that has peaked my interest, but I think I want to do the series in chronological order this time. CS, the SoC, the CoP.

I have and can re-install CS Complete. But was looking for advice about other possible mods for CS, that might make the game a little more challenging, and just a little different from the original game play. 

Any ideas, suggestions, or other helpful advice ?

The main reason I am asking here in lieu of at GSC, is because after reading quite a few of the post and other stuff here, I am impressed with OWG members, and trust beforehand, the advice I might receive. There are a lot of people here that seem to play like I do. A more thoughtful approach at the different games.

BTW, the mod for SoC I was talking about is the OGSE Mod 0.6.9.2 (Old good stalker evolution), a discussion can be found here. ( I hope that the link is OK, if not, feel free to remove and I won't do it again )

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr

But after reading most of what has been posted there, I am wanting to wait on 6.9.3. Hopefully it will be out soon.

Thanks for your help,
Diablo_Lobo

PZ

Glad to see that you are enjoying yourself Diablo.  :-X

Unfortunately I have not played the Stalker series, but I'm sure one of the other members will have sage advice  ;)

Don't worry about posting inappropriately; the only rule here is that we are courteous to one another. On occasion we rant, and our friends understand - no one holds it against you ;)

Art Blade

:)

I haven't played the STALKER series in a while now which means all I could possibly say now is what I already said then. I have a different approach than you: I don't seek more challenge but the opposite -- mods that I like usually have a tendency towards cheating which means they make the game easier than it was before modding it. However, I hope that you'll find enough inspiration reading those old topics and posts  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳