Alan Wake

Started by JRD, February 09, 2010, 04:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

I`ve been tracking this title for several months and everytime I read something about it it mekes me even more curious!
Here`s the latest preview I stumbled upon at gamingheaven (didn`t know this site till now  ??? ). Maybe not the newest (its from july/09), but has some good images and read on it...

IGN says its due to april 13th, but since its a title under development for over five years, we can expect some more delays on that release!

Alan Wake is a writer who is suffering from a metal block. Hoping to get rid of it, he goes to a place in the mountains (so far, The Shinning springs to mind  8) ). Something happens to his wife and she dissapears. Now his only hope to find her is try to remember what lies in the missing pages of a book he doesn`t remember writing.

It a dark and misterious game, where you have to use light to fight shadows and wander through blurred memories and shady paths. It seems to be be a bit linear, not open world as in sand box ( :( ), but it might let players wander throught some areas searching for clues or missing pages of the book. The images I saw on those reviews are spectacular and the developer, Remedy studios, is also responsible for Max Payne I and II, a great linear game, with deep characters and atmosphere. Guess its 3rd person view also.

Anyone also curious about that game? If its a well told story and good gameplay I can cope with linearity! Anyway... here`s another game to look out in the near future!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

I do remember reading about that game.  It sounded cool.  Do you recall if it is for all platforms?  I am thinking it may have been X360 (maybe PC too then), but my memory is failing.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Oh... right... I forgot to mention...  ::)

PC and XBOX only! Sorry PS3ers...  :(

RedRaven

saw a review of it on a show called 'gameface' and it made me think of Stephen King.
The torch plays a big part in it which is a good idea.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

It also reminds me Alone in the Dark!

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on February 09, 2010, 04:56:29 AM
Alan Wake is a writer who is suffering from a metal block. Hoping to get rid of it, he goes to a place in the mountains

I think it's rather silly to climb around in the mountains while burdened with a heavy weight. I'd rather go to a blacksmith and have him w@&k on it, eventually turning it into a decent made-to-measure body armour ;D

On second thoughts, I suffer from a metal block, too. That's why I prefer to listen to funk.  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

good one Art.   ;D

Ah, jrd  I'll just have to listen to your guys' stories then.  I thought I was right on the exclusivity.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

KingRat

JRD

Now is sit back and wait for a few reviews and gameplay footage... won't get a new game soon anyway...

PZ

The graphics are stunning - too bad it is linear - I was thinking how great it would be if it was open world like JC2.  You're correct though - will definitely be on the lookout for this one, even if it is linear.  :-X

KingRat

This game holds the record for sitting in my Amazon shopping list the longest, about 4 years I think  :o

I went ahead and pre-ordered the special edition.....I have such a backlog of games, and I've pre-ordered RDR, and have Spec Ops: The Line on my wish list too  :D

ninzza

Tags:
🡱 🡳