Call of Pripyat Mods

Started by JRD, February 08, 2010, 12:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

AtmosFear

Just found one nice mod for CoP.
Won`t alter gameplay, weapons, AI, nothing... only atmosphere... it`s called AtmosFear...  ;)

Features

- 2 additional dynamic weather cycles (partly cloudy, foggy)
There are now 6 (instead of 4) weather cycles (clear, partly
cloudy, foggy, cloudy, rainy and stormy)
- Full weather cycle for Jupiter Underground.
- Replaced vanilla blowout sequence.
- 31 new rendered sky-cube textures.
- 64 retouched, edited and colour corrected textures from
vanilla version, StalkerSkies by Cambragol and Panoramic Mod
by Argus.
- Increased vision distance for clear (x3), partly cloudy(x2)
and cloudy(x1.5) weathers.
- Reduced vision distance for storms (x0.6) and fog (x0.4).

Since Red is playing the vanilla version (I assume) and want to play it first time as it was meant to be played, I thought that mod could add a lot to immersion as it seems to make The Zone even scarier
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

Nice find JRD, had seen a few mods were available but only found a working database extractor today and got shut of that head-bob. Beyond that will play it through once in Vanilla first as I did with the other games. But very tempted to swap the AK74 to a Vintorez or Dragunov SVD  ;D .

Will pull AtmosFear down tomorrow to look over the changes they have made. Thats how I started to learn the ins & outs of basic mod making. Never got round to creating or re-texturing actual objects to be used, that's on the cards for later this year. Have all the software needed and a good theoretical understanding of what to do so it's about time I put it into practice.

Will get a Head-bob fix sorted and posted in next day or two for Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat to complete the set :) .
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

interesting stuff, guys  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: RedRaven on February 08, 2010, 01:20:04 PM
Nice find JRD, had seen a few mods were available but only found a working database extractor today and got shut of that head-bob. Beyond that will play it through once in Vanilla first as I did with the other games. But very tempted to swap the AK74 to a Vintorez or Dragunov SVD  ;D .

Will pull AtmosFear down tomorrow to look over the changes they have made. Thats how I started to learn the ins & outs of basic mod making. Never got round to creating or re-texturing actual objects to be used, that's on the cards for later this year. Have all the software needed and a good theoretical understanding of what to do so it's about time I put it into practice.

Will get a Head-bob fix sorted and posted in next day or two for Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat to complete the set :) .

Only a few? I saw plenty of them at that STALKER files link you posted here somewhere!

I downloaded one mod so I can fix my own weapons. I'm trying to play SoC as vanilla as possible at least once. That's tough seeing how many great mods there are for that game! So far I only have a bit more sprint and jump height, 100 kg (which make a huge difference, I reckon  ::) ) and now the ability to fix my own guns without going to the bar or Cordon... been struggling not to put some of those toys to have a chat with my dear abnormal beasts down at The Zone... but for the moment will stick to what is available  ;)

I thought you would like to change the atmosphere of the game since it has no effect on the game itself other than make it creepier!

I'm with you Red... play it vanilla at least once!  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

Ok, maybe 'a few' was a bit of an understatement!
Though when compared to the amount available for SoC its still only a few ;D .
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

RedRaven

RedRaven

Here is a list of various mods I have personally tested, the first few are mods that aim to either improve or enhance the basic game without making any changes to the storyline, plot or NPC's. They are just 'Cosmetic' changes. As more are  released and perfected I will add to them to the list. Mods that make changes to the actual game-play will be dealt with on a seperate post to keep them seperate from the purely cosmetic changes.

ATMOSFEAR 1.3

This is the same mod that JRD started this thread with, but it has been improved a little since his post (which links to version 1.2). Version 1.3 can be found here -

FOV SWITCHER 1.6

This mod enables you to switch from 1st to 3rd person perspective, and also adds a 'free-look' 3rd person view too. Not an essential mod to have but sometimes useful and good for certain screen shots. The only thing it fails to do is show whatever head gear / helmet you are wearing (there is another mod called "wear your goddamn helmet, but it is not working correctly yet, as soon as it gets fixed or I can figure it out myself will let you all know). The FOV switcher can be found here -

BETTER BLOWOUT SOUNDS 1.0

This is a simple Audio mod that just replaces the existing Emission sounds with new ones.It can be found here -

COMPACT HUD v0.51

This one makes changes to your on-screen display such as smaller warning icons, removed quick buttons (F1-F4), no NPC counter. It can be found here -

RedRaven

MODS TO CHANGE VARIOUS ASPECTS OF GAMEPLAY

Unlike the mods listed in the previous post these Mods will change various aspects of the actual gameplay beyond cosmetic improvements.

S.M.R.T.E.R. PRIPYAT (v0.41)
This mod is a good one to play with after completing the 'Vanilla' version of the game. The README lists a total of 112 changes. These include about 30 new weapons, plenty more stashes, sleeping places, anomolies and mutants. As well as changes to the HUD, weather, starting time etc. Also adds a 4th tool kit specifically for Sniper rifles,  Too many to list here!

Have been playing this a little for a couple of days and got to say its a great 'early stages' mod, I'm expecting it to be revised and tweaked quite a bit more as feedback gets back to the people responsible for compiling it.

It also makes the game considerably more difficult to survive by tweaks such as a more aggressive A.I.

Oh yeah - (Artblade should like this tweak), the bolt has been replaced by a Throwing Knife ;) ,it can still be used to serve the same function as the bolt, but its also a weapon that never runs out or dergrades.

So far I have had it running fine with both the AtmosFear and FOV switcher mods with no problems :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Thought that would catch your eye ;) .

MERGED MODS

Have successfully merged some of the cosmetics mods with the S.M.R.T.E.R mod.

Starting with the S.M.R.T.E.R mod, then have copied the files from the FOV switcher and ATMOSFEAR, as well as 2 couple of other minor mods I'm testing. Will post some links, and a simple Tutorial on how to change your starting equipment to what ever you want, some point tomorrow :)

Art Blade

sounds good :) Do you take orders for custom mods?  ;D

RedRaven

Quote from: Art Blade on March 06, 2010, 12:21:09 PM
sounds good :) Do you take orders for custom mods?  ;D

In theory yes, although I must state that in some cases it will probably end up with me needing to mix & merge parts or even complete mods created by somebody else. But I'm more than happy to help OWG members iron out the kinks and install any mods to get even more out of this fantastic game.

Currently putting the finishing touches to a tutorial on how to modify Starting equipment, this will include a couple of examples that any one can use too. Naturally as it changes starting equipment it will require starting a new game to be of any effect.

Art Blade

nice :)

I would like to change the weather (some sun please). There is a command line (type weather into console) but I don't know the parameters. Do you have any idea how to? Search on the net wasn't enlightening.

RedRaven

Will investigate how to isolate it from other mods that add / change weather and get a working sample for you. May take me a few days or so though as got a really busy couple of weeks ahead of me.

Should be able to figure it out based on the AtmosFear mod and some mods from the previous games.

Art Blade

Art Blade

What program do I need to read/edit .db files?

In other words, I'd like to check the code myself. Any recommendation and tips?

RedRaven

DATA UNPACKER

The link below will take you to the place to get the unpacker from, simple to use.

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Clear_Sky_Game_Database_Unpacker;93774

As always when working with game files make a copy of the .DB files just in case. :-X

Art Blade

again, for some reason, that download site doesn't w@&k for me. Scripts enabled, yet nothing happens when I click the dl button  >:(

Art Blade

With Red's kind help, I have now got that unpacker and tested it, meaning I modded some files myself. Right now I have changed the characteristics of the easiest difficulty level, when you change to that during the game (or keep playing on that level) you are invulnerable to any kind of harm (maybe not to emissions, though) and have a boosted carryweight (2000kg instead of 50) which has a nice side effect: Stamina is calculated by comparing the percentage of how much of your max carryweight is actually used, so that even when carrying the loot of a battalion (say, 350 kg) you can sprint with no end. Now I keep carrying my stuff and race around all the time. All I need now is a new headbutt move to perform a Scottish handshake when some mutant or Monolith wants to make my acquaintance  ;D So much fun now, after two "regular" playthroughs  :-X

RedRaven

Good to hear you got it working Art :-X .
I'm still working away at a Tutorial to change starting equipment, but as the 'in-game' names of weapons and armour is not the same as the database listings it is taking me longer than expected. Currently creating some reference lists that will show both names, and ammo used in the case of weapons. Also trying to make it as "newbie" friendly as possible so that people with absolutely no moding experience  can follow it easily. (one thing have noticed is a lot of mods out for many games, not just the Stalker series tend to presume some level of experience OR provide little to no help).

Will keep at it and hopefully have it finished by end of the week.

RedRaven

Artblade requested a mod to fix the weather, and after some trial and effort finally figured it out (I think !).

So if you want constant daylight with no rain it is here.

Enjoy, and if you have any problems with it don't hesitate to ask :) .

Art Blade

Excellent, going to try it out as soon as I find a way to get away from AC2 for a while  ;D

Thanks, matey  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳