Screen Shots

Started by RedRaven, February 05, 2010, 11:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

After an hour in the Zone here is a little of what I've seen so far.

The skies are dark and ominous.

[smg id=1951]

Stormy too.

[smg id=1946]

A very BIG engine in a wrecked ship.

[smg id=1950]

And what is left of a loading dock

[smg id=1947]

Here the earth has been ripped open (falling down those cracks is a bad idea)

[smg id=1949]

And a new type of anomally called 'Circus' The 2 fire ball things move around in opposite directions, seems they have left their mark on the ground too. And I'm sure there is something evil lurking in the middle of it all!

[smg id=1948]

More to come soon ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

hehe, looks good :) I hope there's sunshine, too...  8) (yet another game that haunts you with rain)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Very cool Red - keep 'em coming! 

RedRaven

Strange water near one of the crash sites.

[smg id=1958]

Must be caused by the anomalies in the area, the peaks and dips don't move yet the wind is causing ripples on across the surface. Very odd!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

RedRaven

It matters little what you call them, Blow Outs, Emissions, Psi waves, Big Burning Sky of Doom or even Farts of the Gods. It WILL kill you regardless.

It doesn't start to cause damage for about a minute or so, watch the red health bar go down when it does start to take effect :-\

[smg id=1963 type=av]

Emissions were nearly all cut from SoC, leaving it with just 1 or 2 scripted events. They were put back into the game with the Oblivion Lost and Newsa+Simbion mods. They also feature in CS. And they are back in CoP too.  ;D

RedRaven

Here are maps for the 3 areas in Call of Pripyat.

ZATON

[smg id=1965]

JUPITER

[smg id=1966]

PRIPYAT

[smg id=1964]

They are quite well detailed images of the landscape, and they have no markers or spoilers, so they wont tell you where hidden things are such as Artefacts, Tool kits and other useful equipment scattered through out the Zone.

The images above have been reduced in size to fit. In the downloads section is a zipped pack of all 3 maps, each one in that is twice as large (in pixels). It can be found here -

Happy hunting :)

Art Blade

very nice  :-X cheers, Red :)

The vid very much reminds me of my gaming days playing CS, only the emission in your vid, to me, appears to be more scary.  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Wow! Nice, scary effects in that vid, Red! Very impressive :-X :-X :-X

PZ

Truly impressive weather effects  :-X

wexer9

Art Blade

Here are some impressions I thought were worth a shot :)

[smg id=2021 align=center width=400]
[smg id=2022 align=center width=400]
[smg id=2023 align=center width=400]
[smg id=2024 align=center width=400]
[smg id=2025 align=center width=400]
[smg id=2026 align=center width=400]

RedRaven

Nice pics there Art, I see you have left the relative safety of Zaton. During my second or third day in that area I was confronted by a gang of 2 Burer's lurking just the other side of the train cars, so I ran back into the station for safety and had a sleep for a couple of hours only to be attacked by a controller as soon as I stepped outside again! Good luck ;D

Art Blade

Hehe, I took on a mission for the scientists which led me into a tunnel to get an artifact. Getting it releases a controller, who turns my four fellow stalkers into enemies. I hid behind a column each time the controller sounded his psi wave and by breaking the line of sight he couldn't harm me. I killed him with my simple AK... and all my men survived  ;D

RedRaven

good tip, I kind of panicked, shot two of the guys and ran for my life. But due to a catastrophic failure on my PC I've had to reinstall the game and start from scratch :( .
So its once more into the zone.....

Art Blade

PZ

Great pics, Art  :-X

Can you go it alone in the world or do you need to babysit a group of guys?

Art Blade

You walk around mostly alone, a few missions involve other people ("walking in groups") e.g. you need to protect someone or go on a raid with some people.

Basically it offers everything we at OWG like:
- As we tried to classify FO3, this is mainly an FPSRPG rather than an RPGFPS ;D
- open world, free roam, during and between missions
- remains open world after finishing the main story (and even after all side missions)
- a ton of weapons (all excessively customiseable, including scopes, suppressors, night vision, friend-foe detection, rate of fire, accuracy, barrel-mounted grenade launchers, etc)
- various factions
- "merc wars"
- endlessly respawning life (mercs, animals etc)

GREAT  :-X

And also... FUN:

oops, sorry!
[smg id=2027 align=center width=400]

PZ

LOL - that guy on the toilet forgot to drop his drawers - makes for an uncomfortable walk  ;D

From your description, I think that this one should definitely be on my list - thanks for the information  :-X

Art Blade

Welcome :) Actually, I didn't expect much when I bought the game just because I needed something different for a change, and now I'm so happy I did it  ;D

That guy there... has got no toilet paper (I stashed it away)  ;)

Art Blade

Just so you can take a look at my current inventory (right) and my personal stash box (left). All the stuff I've got. The little arrows in the corner of weapon and armour icons indicate that the item has been upgraded.

[smg id=2029 align=center width=400]

fragger

Cool pic - looks a bit like a vending machine for anarchists ;D

Art Blade

Those vending machines used to walk on their own legs, and they voluntarily donated it to the anarchist who is writing this line.  ;D

fragger

JRD

Quote from: PZ on February 22, 2010, 11:51:08 AM
LOL - that guy on the toilet forgot to drop his drawers - makes for an uncomfortable walk  ;D

Hence, the masks...  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

finally tier3 upgrades :)
[smg id=2033 align=center width=400]
dwarfed. Or: knifing a dwarf (Burer)
[smg id=2034 align=center width=400]
Strolling Pripyat
[smg id=2035 align=center width=400]
Good morning, Zaton
[smg id=2036 align=center width=400]
Band of Brothers
(not all of us are cut out for the job)
[smg id=2037 align=center width=400]

Tags:
🡱 🡳