Buddy Rescues

Started by wexer9, February 01, 2010, 04:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wexer9

How many buddy rescues do you get? Or is there a time cool-down between them? Or do you have to meet them at a safehouse again to re-active them? Just wondering. :)

Art Blade

Usually I reload rather than get rescued, but when I play "increase your buddy history" I keep that, of course. I think around 60 is my max. You need to reactivate your RB every time after they rescued you. Once you did that, you can immediately get rescued again (throw a grenade at the safehouse wall where you just reactivated your RB and catch the bouncing thing...) You'll be rescued, but the RB will show up in a safehouse farther away to get reactivated. So you can't play that kind of game all over without moving around quite a bit :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

wexer9

I normally reload, too, I was just wondering.

Okay, so it's just that you need to meet them at a safe house after every rescue. Cool, thanks! :)

mandru

Quote from: wexer9 on February 01, 2010, 04:55:00 PM

Okay, so it's just that you need to meet them at a safe house after every rescue.

It has been noted elsewhere in the forums if you check your GPS map the safe house the computer thinks is closest to you will flash though the funny part of that is (and it helps to be aware) closest does not always equal easiest or safest to reach!  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: mandru on February 01, 2010, 05:47:56 PM
... the funny part of that is (and it helps to be aware) closest does not always equal easiest or safest to reach!  ;)

So true - I've noticed a flashing safe house just on the other side of a mountain - looks close by linear travel, but is far because of the route you would need to travel to get there - more travel time than a safe house that appears to be further away.  As the buzzard flies is the rule of blinking safe houses.  ;D

Art Blade

nice line there, hehe  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳