How to Shoot, and Kill, The Jackal!!!!!!!!!

Started by JRD, January 31, 2010, 09:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Someone managed to accomplish the only mission none of us ever managed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxy6ZkGHytU&feature=related

I was checking the vid fragger posted on the "Mortar Glitch" thread and saw this one there...

The guy uses the mortar glitch to enter the prision when you have to meet the Jackal there, hence keeping his weapon raised and being able to shoot... AND KILL... the Jackal...  :o :o :o :o

I must say I'm really curious as to what happens at the end of the HoD when you are supposed to meet him again to choose between the battery and the siutcase!!

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

wexer9

Cool video, and I assume it wouldn't break the game, as The Jackal at the end of the HoD is a separately spawned entity.

JRD

You are probably right...

BUT THE GUY SHOT THE JACKAL DEAD FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!!!

I mean... who is this guy... ??

Art Blade

nice find, JRD  :-X

Hahaha! Should have been an easter-egg, like if you somehow manage to kill the Jackal, which should have been impossible, you get a reward of sorts. Like, become a faction leader and the mercs of that faction stop harassing you while driving around  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: JRD on January 31, 2010, 09:26:42 AM

Ex CIA or maybe one of them crazy russians  ;)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: deadman on January 31, 2010, 11:10:33 AM
Quote from: JRD on January 31, 2010, 09:26:42 AM

Ex CIA or maybe one of them crazy russians  ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahuoçahvouwrhrqwhttoiqwr´qwslkfpa.....  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-X :-X

Nice one mate!!
But actually I kind of thought:

"Hey... who he think he is, killing the Jack like that?!?!?!... You think you can just walk into FC2 world and shoot people likie that?? Come here and I'll teach you a lesson, son"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Nah... actually I thought:
"Hey... why didn't I think of that first??  ::)

RedRaven

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

mandru

Nice, but I would have given him his machete back.  :-*
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Well, I'll be hornswoggled! The Jackal, dead! :o

I guess he'd respawn later though, in his shack near the end. I wonder if you could do the mortar trick there too, and what would happen if you bumped him off again...

@JRD: ;D ;D ;D

mandru

An interesting thought fragger.

I would seriously hate trying to get through the end game without my dart rifle. I really lean heavily on it through that part of the game and always need to grab my spare from the weapons locker at that last safe house before the factions leaders confab and the LZ.

I guess that means I should intentionally outfit myself with a different kit to break out of my rut, huh?  ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

deffo worth a try, mandru. I'm doing that myself once in a while, last playthrough I exchanged my MP5 with a dragunov. I had 6P9 and dart along with it. Now, new playthrough, I try something different again: Because I started off at Slaughter House, I had a rotting flame thrower, so I bought a fresh one at the arms dealer. The tutorial-forced buy made me grab the Homeland pumpgun (usually I buy the makarov). The first sniper I killed left me his M1903, which replaced my Homeland, and I bought a fresh M1903. I then replaced the Slaughter House donation gun (Star .45) with a freshly acquired 6P9. So now I'm up for some fun with a hardcore sniper M1903, flame thrower and 6P9  :)

In your case, try it, it's 1/50+ playthroughs for you, so about time you did change your loadout for the fun of it  :)

PZ

Very nice fine JRD, and it astounds me that this wasn't discovered first by an OWG member!  (we need to invite that guy to our forum)

JRD

I also noticed he was kind enough to wait for the Jackal to finish his speech before pulling the trigger!!

What a gentleman!!  ;D ;D

Art Blade

hehehe, funny thought :) But I think he heard him out so the doors would open to Heart of Darkness.  ;)

JRD

He doesn't need open doors... he can pull the mortar glitch again...  ;)

Art Blade

JRD

But on the other hand, if you shoot him too early, the Heart of Darkness may not trigger, so you need to listen to all his yadda yadda yadda or you'll be stuck anyway!!

Tricky isn´t it?  :-\

Art Blade

my thoughts exactly (needing that blahblah to trigger)  :)

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on February 01, 2010, 02:13:20 PM
hehehe, funny thought :) But I think he heard him out so the doors would open to Heart of Darkness.  ;)
Quote from: JRD on February 01, 2010, 02:54:59 PM
But on the other hand, if you shoot him too early, the Heart of Darkness may not trigger, so you need to listen to all his yadda yadda yadda or you'll be stuck anyway!!

What goes around comes around...  ::)
Inspired by your avatar Art...  ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

haha, cheers JRD :) I'm just glad I don't get any ideas from your avatar  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳