Plane Crash Buddy

Started by wexer9, January 29, 2010, 12:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wexer9

What's this magical 8th buddy I keep reading about, the one that you can rescue from a plane crash? I'm pretty sure it has to do with doing more than 40 side missions by killing one of your buddies so you can replace them, but I don't actually know what plane crash this is referring to. I do seem to vaguely remember picking up a buddy at some sort of plane crash on my first playthrough, but I could be misremembering.

Anyways, that was before I learned that you could free two extra buddies at the start of the game from the two tutorial areas that you didn't interact with (Slaughter House & Cock-Fights or Fresh Fish & Lumber) during your first mission. Speaking of freeing those two extra buddies, is there any equivalent of that during Act II (Bowa Seko)?

Dweller_Benthos

The plane crash in Leboa is in the north central sector, you can see it on the maps as a blue star. Blue stars mark where all the buddies are. Depending on which tutorial you do, you can also free a buddy in each of the other two areas at the start of the game.

There's only one "extra" buddy in Bowa, and they are in Sediko.

You can only have four buddies active at one time, in order to see the rest, you have to let some die first.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

wexer9

I just rescued Michele from the plane. Thanks for the tip! :)

Art Blade

There should be one more extra buddy in Bowa, he's in the Brewery.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Correct - there are 12 buddies (including you) - 6 you can find in the north (Leboa), and 5 that you encounter in the south (Bowa).  Of the 6 that you find in Leboa, one of them is at the plane crash site.  In addition to the ones that you simply meet, the two that you need rescue in Bowa are at Sediko as D_B mentioned, and the brewery as Art said.

wexer9

mir24

I had a bug where the plane-crash buddy just stood around doing nothing. And even weirder, his weapons were floating off the ground - I think in the same position they would have been if he were lying on the ground.

Couldn't interact with him at all. Finally I tried chucking a grenade at him... Of course he was wounded, fell down and I could revive him but after that he remained as he was and never appeared at Mike's.

Got so frustrated, I restarted the game...

Art Blade

odd bug indeed... I hope you had got some savegame to resort to :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

mir24, you must have the same version of the game as eor123 - that is, with "WTF Patch v1" installed ;D

Art Blade

mir24

Quote from: fragger on May 27, 2010, 08:35:00 PM
mir24, you must have the same version of the game as eor123 - that is, with "WTF Patch v1" installed ;D

I reckon that's a random issue. Maybe during production, some tester or designer slipped a few extra lines of code to create different WTF situations... Hahahah!  ;)

In my case, I had already finished several APR and buddy side missions before looking for the 6th buddy. It didn't matter when I reloaded the game, since Josip turned out the same from the VERY BEGINNING of that game.

So I started a new game... What the hey...  :-\

So the first thing I did in this playthrough was head STRAIGHT to the crash site after I walk out of that church in Pala. Luckily enough, this time there was a "functional" buddy there (Paul, I think)...  :-X

On the subject of buddies, I only received one "mission" from the doorman to rescue a buddy at one of the four starting locations. There was no indication about the OTHER buddy who also needed rescuing.

It was only after I did a search online did I discover the existence of the sixth buddy...  :-[

Art Blade

better late than never  ;)

mir24

Quote from: Art Blade on May 31, 2010, 09:26:02 AM
better late than never  ;)

And better late than dead. Heheh.   ;)

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳