Stalker: Call of Pripyat pre-game talk

Started by JRD, January 29, 2010, 10:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

We are a few weeks from release, but you can already post whatever you want about The Zone in this new survival horror FPS...
Here is the place
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Ricamundo

According to Gamespot, COP was relased on Tuesday, Feb 2nd, but typically, there's no sign of it in my local retail store's website here in Canada.(Future Shop). >:( I've never seen ANY of the 3 STALKER games here, pity. Anywho, COP was given an 8.0 out of 10, so a worthwhile game to get, if i can find it retail.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

JRD

Hey... thats good news (I mean the release and the 8/10)... too bad you cannot find it yet.

What about online shopping? I'm sure amazon will deliver it to you in some 3 days! Gamestop might also do the trick!

I'm curious to see what our members think of the game  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Ricamundo

I saw it on Amazon.com(U.S) but the Canadian Amazon.ca doesn't have it. >:( I read a post on another forum where they say it might be March before they think to send it to Canada. Best Buy.ca doesn't even list it in their "coming soon" section, so i guess i'll have to wait a few weeks and see.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

RedRaven

Thats Shocking !.
I called 3 different stores this morning and only 1 had it in stock, bet if it was out for the 2 main console's it would be available almost every where.

It amazes me in this day and age of almost insant global communications that there are such big differences in release dates and age ratings for games from one country to the next.

Not sure how viable it is for you to do, but if it were me I would order it from the US, it was available in Germany almost 3 months ago yet only got its release for the rest of the EU and US today, don't know the date it has for Australia / New Zealand.

Also the special edition release in the UK is different to that of the German version, Germany got a map, a couple of clothing patches AND a Zippo lighter. Here all I got was a map (14 x 14 inch), and 4 art cards ( same size as dvd box)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

fragger

Quote from: RedRaven on February 05, 2010, 10:58:33 AM
...don't know the date it has for Australia / New Zealand.

Last I heard it was 25 Feb (!), I'm going into town later so I'll have a squiz in the local game shop.

RedRaven

According to what it says on the official site it's world wide release is 5th february, however on wikipedia it lists the dates as 2nd october 2009 in the C.I.S. , 2nd february in North America and 5th february for Europe and Australia.

So who knows ?!?  hope you find it :)

On the plus side it looks like they have fixed a lot of potential problems since the october release as my installation from disc is version 1.6.02
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

fragger

Cheers mate :)

It's doesn't appear to have been released here yet and the one young guy manning the shop couldn't tell me when. Or just couldn't be bothered finding out - at the time, he was too busy looking like he'd rather be somewhere else, the apathetic little git >:(

RedRaven

Deserves a swift sharp shock, maybe in the shape of a molotov enema ;)

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳