Fortunes Pack PC

Started by DKM2, March 29, 2009, 04:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKM2

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

Very cool... the same as the DLC that spaceboy is using on the PS3.  I just bought FC2 for the PC yesterday - now all I need is a speedy PC to run it!

Dweller_Benthos

Ehhhhh $5??? Sure, why not? Want to try the crossbow if nothing else. I forget, does it have a scope?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spaceboy

D_B, yes the crossbow has a scope.  It's worth $5, I paid $10 and am happy with it.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Dweller_Benthos

OK, I'm downloading it now, but that stupid Ubi site makes you register with them before you can buy anything. Hope they like false information  ;D
D_B

Ricamundo

Speaking of addons for the PC, I D/Led those bonus Intel missions quite a while ago(the Morroccan and the American) but i'm not sure if I've played those missions or not.

I've seen the white circle on my main map several times, and found a tape recorder, as well as the missions involving picking up a letter at the post office, or near an abandonded bus near a bus stop.

I had also typed in those bonus mission codes after my first playthru, so are the white circles the Intel missions, or did they not install properly?
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

spearhead_22

Well, Ricamundo...I think the intel missions have been installed properly. Including the installing of the intel missions and the entering of those codes, the total number of Predecessor Tapes should be 7. After collecting all the tapes from the white circled locations, check which ones you have collected from the Game Menu.
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

Dweller_Benthos

The typed in codes activate the same missions that the intel installer does. The intle thing doesn't do anything except change some registry values, I guess they made it 6MB just to look good, you can do the same thing with a registry file under 1K.

The registry entries are this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ubisoft\Far Cry 2]
"PartnerKey1"=dword:00000001
"PartnerKey2"=dword:00000001
"MachetesKey"=dword:00000001

Copy that text and paste it into an empty notepad doc, save as fc2.reg (not txt) and double click the resulting file. It will ask to update the registry, tell it OK and then you will have all the predecessor missions, and the three machete options.
D_B

DKM2

I haven't got this yet because I didn't want to mess up my game.
Anybody know, can I get and install this and still play my current save game?
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

That's what they claim - I did the install as "Additional content" on the PS3 and the Predecessor missions activated while I was in my current game.

Art Blade

I've just edited my registry, but can't see the "three machetes option"
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

well, I meant buying the DLC, not the Bonus code entry go postal stuff.

spaceboy

DKM2, it may be different as I'm on PS3, but for me I downloaded the DLC and installed it and the weapons and vehicles all appeared in my game saves.  D_B got the PC fortune's pack and his posts sounded to be the same situation.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Dweller_Benthos

Yes, the DLC stuff just appears in the game no matter what save game you load. Now, I have a question, what happens if you load a save game that specifically uses the DLC stuff and you don't have the DLC? If anyone wants to try it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/223719374/53932332695410.zip.html

Download that and unzip to your save games folder, should be in my documents under Far Cry 2 save games. You might want to move/copy/backup your other save games just in case. Then, load that save in the game. Here's what I had when I saved it, all three DLC weapons, I was sitting in the big truck and parked in front of the big truck was the ATV. Now, I would think (hope) that if you load this into a game that hasn't been upgraded with the DLC it should just replace everything with other default stuff, but it could crash, who knows?

One other thing, I saved this game while using the trainer, and high jump was still active. Funny thing, it's still active when you load the game even without the trainer, but only for one or two jumps, then it goes back to normal. So, if you're going to try it without the trainer, be sure to jump into deep enough water to cushion your fall or you'll die without the god cheat from the trainer.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on April 19, 2009, 02:06:12 PM
I've just edited my registry, but can't see the "three machetes option"

It's in the game setup somewhere - forget exactly, but you have to go to the menu and change it.
D_B

Art Blade

about the machetes: does that reg edit only w@&k if you have DLC?

about the save file (I don't have any DLC) - I could see it in my book, but on loading it showed a message stating that it had been created with DLC and could only be used with DLC installed. So that was that :(
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

OK, so that solves the riddle of the DLC save games, I guess once you have the DLC, someone without it can't open your save games. Good to know.

Yes, the machetes w@&k without the DLC, it's completely separate. I had the extra machetes long before the DLC was out for PC. Once you have the registry entries in there, go in the game menus and somewhere there's an option for machete type. I'll try to remember to look tonight where it is.
D_B

Art Blade

it's a pity you can't share those save games with other people who don't have DLC installed  :(

About machetes, I'd be thankful if you found out what to do. Maybe I've just turned blind, I can't seem to find out.

Dweller_Benthos

When you first start the game, before you load a save, go to the options menu, then select the game menu, and at the bottom should be machete type. If not, the registry edits aren't in place.
D_B

Art Blade

thank you so much! works  :-X

Dweller_Benthos

Cool, glad it works for you. Personally, I use the one that looks like a lawn mower blade, just cause it would be nasty to hack someone with it.
D_B

Ceres Tauri

I'm not sure how to get this on my X-box.  Sorry guys.  Just starting out here and this is the thread that mentions these predecessor missions, which sound intriguing, but I dunno how to get.  I have X-box and can add Live to my acct again... but what /where/how do I get this stuff?

Ceres Tauri

Thanks to RedRaven for the computer link to add this to my x-box.  Cool, when I log in it will add it to my x-box acct.  sweet!

PZ

You'll have fun with the new machetes - Like D_B, I too use the lawnmower blade because it looks cool.  The predecessor missions are an added bonus!

RedRaven

glad the link got you there (after spotted difference between UK & USA ;) )

As for how to get it onto Xbox got no idea but it looked as simple as clicking link to buy it and follow prompts. use PC and do not have either console though from what i've been told about PS3 online stuff reckon the Xbox will be near enough the same, and the site will have Help section too. :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳