Monocular Scouting

Started by wexer9, January 28, 2010, 01:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wexer9

I just found out that you could mark vehicles (at least Assault Truck) spawns on your map with the monocular (just did so at Petrosahel - it marked 3 AT spawns). What else can you mark on your map?

• Ammo/Explosive/Fuel Dumps
  • Large medkits
  • Mounted machine guns
  • Snipers
  • Certain Assault Truck spawns

Art Blade

When you start a career, you will get to see a pop-up screen explaining the monocular, it marks groups of items on a location that bears a name / features a zoom version of the map. Examples: Pala, Port Selao, Post Office:

• large ammo boxes and large med kits
  • stationary weapons (SAW, .50, GL) and sniper positions
  • vehicles (any cars, ships and hang gliders) *

* vehicles can be mapped only once, when they have never been moved or destroyed. Once you use or destroy them, their icons disappear from the map.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

wexer9

I remember that pop-up, but I don't recall it mentioning marking vehicles. It did mention snipers, though I never got around to marking any until my second playthrough.

Now that I am much more stealthy-like in my Infamous playthrough, I'm doing more scouting and beginning to notice these things...

RedRaven

You can also use the Monocular to mark the datsun your sent to fix in the tutorial.It may not say it on the pop up screen as when you get that info the vehicle is not yet there, it spawns after you rescue your Best Buddy.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

wexer9

Huh, interesting.

I'll try that the next time I start a New Game.

Art Blade

Best if you see the correlation:

If you mark a datsun, a boat will also be mapped. Every other vehicle gets mapped at once. So, if you mark a boat, the datsun would get mapped along with it.

Same goes for ammo/health, mark one of those, and the rest will be mapped, too.

A trick for mapping snipers: Mark a stationary weapon instead, if you can't see the sniper(s), and the snipers will be mapped that very instant, or the other way round, map a sniper and see all stationary weapons.

:)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

wexer9

Thanks. :)

The law of marking: Like marks like. :P

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳