Call of Pripyat

Started by RedRaven, January 26, 2010, 06:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

After what seems like Aeons Stalker - Call of the Pripyat gets released to the rest of the world :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

WHAT?? Tell me more my dear stalker!!  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

Here is link for official Stalker site -
Clear sky is set 1 year before Shadow, so it is technically a prequel, but Call of Pripyat is set just after the events of Shadow of Chernobyl.
A brief chronology goes as follows

2011 - Clear Sky.
2012 - Shadow over Chernobyl.
2012 / 2013 - Call of Pripyat. (?)
2013 - Priboi Story.

Minimum System Requirements for Call of Pripyat are -
- Intel Pentium 4 2.0ghz / AMD 64 XP 2200+
- 512 mb RAM
- 128 mb DirectX 8.0 compatible card (nvidia Geforce 5700 / ATI Radeon 9600)

Recommended System Requirements for Call of Pripyat are -
- Intel core 2 Duo E7400 / AMD 64 X2 5600+
- 2 gb RAM
- 512 mb DirectX 9.0c compatible card (nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX / ATI Radeon HD 4850)

Cant wait ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

For a game that is so nicely done, open world and full of weather effects (wet surfaces due to rain are awesome), the STALKER series is not so demanding.
What a nice engine thay came up with!  :-X

JRD

Quote from: RedRaven on January 26, 2010, 08:37:32 AM
- 512 mb DirectX 9.0c compatible card (nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX / ATI Radeon HD 4850)

Pripyat will have support for DirectX 10 (Vista users) as well.

RedRaven

According to the Wikipedia page for Call of Priyat it will support DirectX 11 graphics, including GPU tessellation too. Its good that its support extends back to DirectX 8. Though would presume that older, slower systems will only run on minimal graphics settings.

JRD

Hhhhmmmm.... just found that at IGN
Like Stalker games before, this is an open-world, first-person shooter with a number of role-playing game elements propping it up. You collect quests from NPCs huddled around campfires and inhabiting rusted, ruined structures, acquire new and more powerful weapons and armor, and generally try to make yourself more resistant to the perpetual dangers of the Zone. Eventually you'll also be able to acquire artifacts to equip for additional bonuses, and if you find the right NPC you can modify weaponry to be more effective in combat.

Stalker has more in common with Far Cry 2, with an emphasis on realism (guns that jam and a main character that can bleed out after an attack) than with the more over-the-top, stat-heavy killfest that is Gearbox's Borderlands. Though there are items to acquire and methods of powering up, Stalker's gameplay is more about soaking up atmosphere and braving deadly wilds than killing as many things as possible. In fact, it's probably best to avoid a lot the enemies in Stalker, at least early on, because the horrors that skulk and skitter across the Zone's fields can swiftly overwhelm any unprepared interloper.

Sounds even better now!!

Oh, and there's a short video too

Hey Red... do you know how big The Zone will be this time around? Pripyat is much bigger and similar to the real ghost town but what about the rest? Will the Chernobyl NPP still be there, Cordon, Garbage etc too?

PZ

Great post, JRD  :-X

The creature in the video reminds me of the ghouls in Fallout 3, but a bit more hardy - took the gamer quite a bit to kill it!

JRD

For what I've seen so far we better make room on the games menu for STALKER: Call of Pripyat.  ;)

PZ

It does sound like we've another game board in the making  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Quote from: JRD on January 27, 2010, 11:01:04 AM
Hey Red... do you know how big The Zone will be this time around? Pripyat is much bigger and similar to the real ghost town but what about the rest? Will the Chernobyl NPP still be there, Cordon, Garbage etc too?

There will be 3 regions in Call of Pripyat, Zaton, Jupiter vicinity and Pripyat.
This is Pripyat
[smg id=1897]
This is Zaton
[smg id=1898]

Factions
ARMY - Ukrainian forces
LONERS - Stalkers and Nomads
BANDITS - nuff said
DUTY - Paramilitary group, anti-zone
FREEDOM - Opposite to Duty
MERCENARIES - Not the ones from Far Cry !
MONOLITH - Cultists

Have also read that there will be more characters to interact with than the previous 2 games, and there AI and your interaction with it means no two games will play the same.

All i need now is a Delorean ;D

- ps - Equipment, Armour and Weapons etc will be familiar from the first 2 games, with the odd new thing thrown in. Personally I'm glad that they are sticking with them. Sure some of it is made up for the game but the majority is real life stuff. It all adds to the grim and twisted world that is the zone.

Art Blade

thanks for the info, Red :)

And lol @ Delorean  ;D I've actually seen one, years ago, parked somewhere in the centre of the town where I live. It looked just great  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: JRD on January 27, 2010, 11:29:31 AM
For what I've seen so far we better make room on the games menu for STALKER: Call of Pripyat.  ;)

May I suggest a Stalker series gameboard and not just for CoP? Since both JRD and I are new to the series I´m sure we´ll need lots of tips  ;).

JRD

Thats a good idea deadman  :-X

We can have a STALKER: Call of Pripyat board where we can create some good Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky sticky topics or links at the left navigation panel that eventually can grow up to something bigger...

I´m sure RedRaven will have lots of content to bring to the board  ;)

Art Blade

Now you beat me to it, JRD  ;D

I was just typing: sounds good... or a board for each STALKER? Probably too crowded... but then again... Imagine, someone posts a new topic "Help, stuck at Garbage" or something like that. A place that is in at least two or maybe more of the series. Now that might cause confusion... Maybe a board for the newest and a bord for all the rest (older versions). Hard to tell :)

JRD

Thats why I mentioned the left navigation panel.
If we have, for instance:

Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon RIsing
- OFP2: Single Player
- OFP2: Multiplayer

...maybe we can fit something like:

STALKER
- STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
- STALKER: Clear Sky
- STALKER: Call of Pripyat

The first too would be mainly tips by Red to anyone (me and deadman  ::) ) playing the game and should not be too full of content.
The last one, dedicated to the new title, would be a "complete" area!

deadman1

That look´s like a perfect setup mate  :-X

JRD

Now you got me drooling...
Look what I just found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1lDskma6V0

and some more here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYxnohR76xg&feature=related

Both say Fall 2009 in the end, so they must be quite old already!

8)

Art Blade

:) Looks good, and indeed, the setup for the site looks promising.  :-X

PZ

Quote from: JRD on January 27, 2010, 04:40:23 PM
Thats why I mentioned the left navigation panel.
If we have, for instance:

Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon RIsing
- OFP2: Single Player
- OFP2: Multiplayer

...maybe we can fit something like:

STALKER
- STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
- STALKER: Clear Sky
- STALKER: Call of Pripyat

The first too would be mainly tips by Red to anyone (me and deadman  ::) ) playing the game and should not be too full of content.
The last one, dedicated to the new title, would be a "complete" area!

Done  ;)  The boards will appear automatically in the navigation menu once the first post is submitted.

JRD

Thank you very much PZ... great job mate!  :-X

I just made one post at each board to see if it appears on the left panel but it doesn't... I reloaded the page and all but nothing!!  :(

PZ

Totally my fault - neglected to modify the navigation block to include the new boards - fixed now!  :-X

Thanks to you for starting the first topics in each board!  ;)

JRD

There they are... thanks again PZ  :-X

It also brings the question: who's gonna moderate that board?
(as if I didn't know the answer already  ??? )

PZ

Sounds like you're volunteering?  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳