Car Ferry at Rail Xing

Started by Art Blade, January 24, 2010, 12:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

;)

[smg id=1892 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I'm still trying to get a car on a boat and be able to drive it once I've crossed the river or lake. The pic above was almost it, but a not so cooperative patrol boat decided its fate... and knocked it off my boat.

Anyone ever managed to do it? :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I've never even thought to try it...

PZ

I've never tried that one either - how does the boat handle?  If weight is not an issue, then you can run it aground full speed and then once beached, knock the buggy off the boat with another vehicle, of maybe even shoving it off yourself.

Art Blade

That was my intention, but the boat does respond to the extra weight a bit, or, the car does respond to movements of the boat, either way, it's not "fixed." That's why a passing-by boat could ram the buggy off my boat. Funny for the moment, but it blew the plan. The previous attempts ended in me sinking the buggy before I could leave the pier. Hehe, it's not easy to get the buggy onto the boat, and if you do, it's like balancing the car. Once the engine of any car hits the water (sunk in more than half) it's over. I once drove a buggy into shallow waters and the engine died. Then I fetched an AT and kept bumping into the buggy so it actually beached, looked brand new, but even a grenade didn't scratch the buggy. It's like once a vehicle is declared "dead" by the game, it's like any solid object. Can't destroy it, let alone drive it.

Tags:
🡱 🡳