Tenpenny quest

Started by PZ, January 11, 2010, 08:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Can someone tell me how to earn the Tenpenny player home?

Ricamundo

Quote from: PZ on January 11, 2010, 08:20:18 PM
Can someone tell me how to earn the Tenpenny player home?

I believe you can only earn that by meeting that shady character in the Megaton bar(forget his name atm) and agreeing to detonate the nuke and thus destroy beautiful downtown Megaton.

If you choose to let the Ghouls take over TP, you can get in the vacant PH suite by going thru Al Tenpenny's suite out to the balcony and walk around the the back door, which is unlocked. I use that bed on occasion, when im in the neighbourhood. ;)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Thanks for the tips Ricamundo - I think I found another way, however I'm going to load a prior save and try your method just to see how the play changes - that's what's cool about FO3 - much experimentation possible. 

I talked with security chief Gustavo and he convinced me to kill all the ghouls in the metro.  After the deed was done, I reported back to Gustavo and all he did was pay me 700 caps.  At a loss, I next went to the penthouse and killed the guard in front of Tenpenny's suite and took his key - went onto the balcony and killed Tenpenny and took the key he had in his possession (my karma went up after killing Tenpenny).  I believe it was this key that opened up my Tenpenny house.  Because I had installed an upgrade mod, this house was kind of cool  :-X

As an aside, I had also placed a couple of companions in the building, but have yet figured out how to recruit one of them.  (Also, the prewar clothing texture replacement made the residents appear less drab)

Art Blade

Hehe, on my first playthrough I disabled the nuke in megaton and only later found out that tenpenny tower had a flat to offer in case I wanted to blow up megaton. That was a bit annoying to me because I really wanted to see that flat, so I reloaded and blew up megaton. THAT was a nice display of fireworks  ;D But it didn't feel right, so again I reloaded and went on from where I was (Megaton's nuke disabled).
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Thanks for the tips you've been giving Ricamundo. I went in to talk to that head ghoul and decide he wasn't much nicer than some of the inhabitants. I may just go back and give the proprietor my two penny worth of lead.
  I have finshed the Survival Guide, the Nuka Quantam, the Android mission, finished Tranquility Lane, that was weird and have been doing a lot of Neighborhood Watch house cleaning.  I've visited Minefield, freed the captives at Germantown, discussed the Jet chem deal with the ghouls near Arefu as well as getting Ian over to Rivet Town. I maintain the abandoned house in Greyditch as my storage place and ,again thanks to Ricamundo, have collected a lot of junk to resell. Another place is right across from the Library. I store the pre-war books there and then just have to walk across the road to get my moola. I'm planning to try to search almost every corner  and check out his world before I head into the final mission.
     This is definitely a real fun game. I find that you can get rid of Mirelurks, Super Mutants and even the occasional Deathclaw with the Bottlecap mines I can make. I'm looking forward to trying a Nuka 'nade on some bad asses that get on my nerves.  lol
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Ricamundo

Nice to hear from you, Gord. I was wondering what you'd been up to since th Christmas.

The Jet chem deal with the Ghouls near Arefu..is that the Sugar Bomb Quest? That's a good cap earner. :-X I cant remember if i mentioned this before, butyou can sell stuff to anyone who sells anything. For instance, you can sell weapons to the peeps who run lunch counters in Megaton, and Rivet City. Also Doctors , when prompted that you need to buy meds(never buy meds, theyre plentiful all over the place, when you scavenge) usually have a couple hundred caps to buy your junk.

One more thing, SMALL SPOILER.. for anyone who has the Broken Steel addon. While you're playing thru the main game, if you come across cameras, which are fairly hard to find, grab em and stash em somewhere. Same for sensor modules, which are far more common. There's a scavenge quest for these 2 items that will come up after you return to the main game from BS.

The nice thing about these scavenge quests, is that the peeps you sell to never run out of caps. 8)

Scrap metal...Walter @ Megaton.
NC Quantums... the girl in Girdershade BTW there is a perk that can turn 10 collected Nukas into 1 Quantum, so grab that when it opens up.
Sugar Bombs... the Ghoul in that subway station that ive forgotten again. :-[
Cameras and sensor modules.. to the lab @ the Citadel, after BS dlc is completed.
Pre war books to Arlington Library.
Speaking of the Citadel, once you've gotten in there, get permission to trade from the boss, and you can buy/sell with the armoury girl.

Up to 170,000 caps now. ;D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

good to see you peeps enjoy the game :) I was wondering about the whereabouts of ol' daredevil Gord, too  ;D

Tranquility lane, I loved that part of the game. Only took a while until I got the order right (that tune you need to reproduce to escape from that place), I kept confusing which item to hit to get it right  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Same here - I finally did a search online to discover the proper sequence.

Ricamundo

Quote from: PZ on January 13, 2010, 04:33:24 PM
Same here - I finally did a search online to discover the proper sequence.

Me too, i couldnt wait to get my a$$ outta there. :P

PZ

Quote from: Ricamundo on January 14, 2010, 04:00:04 AM
Me too, i couldnt wait to get my a$$ outta there. :P

I think that we're showing our FPS roots here Ricamundo!  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳