Army of Two

Started by mmosu, January 11, 2010, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

Just wondering if anyone has played either installment in the Army of Two series, and if so, what your opinions on it were. 

Art Blade

sorry no, what kind of game is it?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

2 is co-op only afaik, 1 wasn't very well received, i think you could single play 1, but i'm not sure, co-op put me off it, sorry cant help more.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

That would be the aspect of SP/MP, but I have no idea what the game is about. Ie, a FPS like OFP2 or maybe some RTS like RUSE... that kind of information :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

yeah it's a shooter, third person I'm sure.  2 hired merc type guys.  Buddy AI, split screen coop, or online coop.  I don't know much else.  I'm sure the experience is better if playing with an actual friend vs. buddy AI though. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mmosu

Yeah, it's a third person team shooter - I was reading a review of the second one in the series, and they were saying a lot of the complaints from the first installment have been addressed.  It's still a corridor game (definately not open world  :() but it sounded like there might be some potential.  You can play single player with the 2nd team member manned by the AI, but they did say it's better to play online or splitscreen as no AI can take the place of a thinking human being.  That being said, they did say the AI is greatly improved on this one, and it will take it's cues from you - going quietly when it's time for stealth, taking out their long range weapon when you take out yours, faking surrender when you do, executing or restraining prisoners when you do - things like that.  The AI will also try to pull flanking maneuvers when you lay down suppressing fire.  There is also a large customization component, both to your weapons and your character. Thought it sounded like it might be good for a playthrough. 

spaceboy

I'm sure it's worth a run through no doubt mmosu.  I'd actually like to see that improved AI.  One of the things I love is intelligent AI like in Far Cry 2 and Killzone 2.  I do hope the industry continues to improve this although it's easy not to due to the ease and emphasis on online play.  It's probably even harder to program intellegent friendly AI.  If you pick it up let me know.  I'd definitely at least rent it - we could maybe arrange a bit of online co-op to test that side out!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

thanks for the replies, I kind of get a picture now.  :) And yeah, try to team up the two of you, and please let us know what it was like, if you did.

mmosu

Sounds good fellas  :-X  I'm not finding a lot of extra time for gaming lately, so squeezing it in might be tough.  Will definately let you all know how it goes if I do though.

Art Blade

Quote from: mmosu on January 11, 2010, 05:16:58 PM
Just wondering if anyone has played either installment in the Army of Two series, and if so, what your opinions on it were.

Fiach just wrote something about Army of TWO (The 40th Day) :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳