A memorable moment

Started by JRD, January 10, 2010, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

So I was re-playing the first mission trying to get all secondary objectives done. Destroyed the antenna and cleared the village without calling artillery (thanks for the tip, Art  :-X ) and proceeded to my next objective. LZ was clear in a beautyful manouver - I ordered my man to assault the position from the village western hillside as I moved to the eastern side and went through the woods... all enemy was truly busy fighting my man that I could pick one by one with my marksman rifle  8).

Got into a jeep with my guys and moved to the sunburn site. Parked by the road, disembarked and proceeded to the objective. As I was getting closer by the southern hill I bumped into a patrol of some five PLA soldiers... was a huge surprise for me and them and I could hear my heart hammering in game and in real life...

The first one on the row got a burst square on the chest and as the others moved to cover I tossed a grenade, killing another two. The other two I shot dead from behind a rock where I could duck to reload. Needless to say, the gunfight brought more soldiers that ware protecting the missiles and another fight ensued. I managed to shoot three or four of them but the last one, the very last man standing by the sunburn site, shot me in the arm... not bad though, my medic could fix me... IF HE WAS SOMEWHERE NEAR ME!!!
Only then I realised I didn't give the "follow me" order and my men were by the jeep, far from me.  :D
I called "Medic" but they never reached me in time and I died, after clearing the whole sunburn site by myself, heroically  :(

A hell of a fight and a hell of a game...  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Hehehe, nice story :)

Do you know you can patch yourself up? Small wounds that don't drop you can be treated by hitting F2 (default, I believe). The medic is only necessary if you're down on the ground and can't get up, or to "finalise" a treatment. Best if you call your medic and then patch yourself up. By the time the medic arrives, you're still alive and then he'll do a better job than you ever could.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I thought about that as I was bleeding to death... but it seemed like a good death... they'd probably name a street after me when they hear the story!!  ;D ;D

But to be honest, no, I didn't realise you could patch yourself  ???

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I was trying to patch a wounded man and I saw that cross with a eallow circle going counterclockwise, I though I was fixing him but I was fixing myself!  :P
... or is it the same animation?

Art Blade

more or less the same (it's a count-down circular indicator around a "red cross") Once the circle has gone round once, you're finished healing. In both cases you need to whip out that medpack, press and keep pressed fire, if I remember correctly.

JRD

Tags:
🡱 🡳