AC2 DLC

Started by spaceboy, January 05, 2010, 01:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

I can't remember where all the info I've seen but below I posted some stuff from the Playstation forums.  No idea if the PC version will have it included, but my guess is no.  I don't know much about the white and black editions - I'll have to check your links when I get a moment.   

I hope you get it mate  - it's a great game.

Ubisoft wasted no time in announcing new DLC for their blockbuster title Assassin's Creed 2 earlier this month, though they didn't reveal too much about the two announced packs. New information has been released and fans of the series will be able to continue Ezio's story starting early next year.

For those of you who have beat the game, then you'll remember that two sequences, 12 and 13 were 'corrupted'. It seems that these faulty sequences were merely held back for DLC.

The first DLC, sequence 12, 'The Battle for Forli' will be released in late January with a price tag of $3.99 and will have Ezio teaming up with Machiavelli and Caterina Sforza as they battle against the Orsi Brothers. There's more to the story, of course, as your goal is to keep a Piece of Eden from those nasty Templars. All in all, there will be six new missions and one that features the return of Leonardo's flying machine!

The Second DLC, Sequence 13, ' The Bonfires of the Vanities',  is due to hit in late February. Ezio will be return to Florence to take on the monk Savonarola and his carde. As fellow writer Zack Islam wrote earlier this month, 'The Bonfires of the Vanitites' refers to the  'historical event, which took place in 1497, in Florence, Italy, where the burning of thousands of objects which indulged one in sinning took place, including art and books which was carried out by the supporters of the Dominican Priest Girolamo Savonarola.' Sounds like some fun is to be had..at $4.99, which will include 10 new missions and will also grant Ezio a new spring-jump move along the way.

Don't forget that each of the DLC packs will be 1GB in size, so make sure you have the HDD space before you go download either one of these.

http://kotaku.com/5427960/patrice-explains-the-assassins-creed-ii-dlc
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Wow - can't wait!  Do you know if you can do a download on a fast PC and then transfer it to the console like doing updates via media?  I'd hate to be locked out of getting the DLC just because my connection is so poor.  :D

spaceboy

I don't think so.  which sucks cause the downloads do take quite some time from the PSN - no idea why.  In fact on larger ones like these I need to be sure to download overnight with nothing else going on on my connection to avoid corrupt files.  I do hope it works for you - but you can always bring it somewhere and connect there for the download I suppose.

PZ

Good idea to bring the console elsewhere for the download - kind of a pain, but well worth it to get this DLC.  Man, I keep thinking if Ubi had created DLC like this for FC2...

Art Blade

Or at least an Add-On on a CD. No stupid downloads :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on January 05, 2010, 07:21:51 PM
Or at least an Add-On on a CD. No stupid downloads :)

This would be ideal, particularly since the uplay might not w@&k for a significant number of individuals.  Oh well, one way or another, I'm going to get that DLC.  I'm near the end of my third play through and will start another.

mmosu

Quote from: PZ on January 05, 2010, 04:25:54 PM
Wow - can't wait!  Do you know if you can do a download on a fast PC and then transfer it to the console like doing updates via media?  I'd hate to be locked out of getting the DLC just because my connection is so poor.  :D

I know that you can download system software updates from a PC and then use a USB drive to transfer it to a PS3, but I don't know where you would go to download DLC's for specific games to a PC - theoretically should be possible though...have you tried searching for an answer on the Playstation Knowledge Center?

RedRaven

Although its not actually for AC2, I found this for Little Big Planet - http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/community_news/?p=5291
How cute is that ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

yeah it's cool!  LBP does a good job of keeping things fresh with costumes, DLC for the level editors etc. They always have holiday themed free costumes, Santa, Leprechaun etc.  We have the AC costume, as well as the ones for inFamous, Killzone2, and Metal Gear Solid - but there are tons more like Watchmen, God of War, historical persons, etc. etc. etc.  The best is you can mix and match with all the other crazy stuff that's there.  My son found a level that tells you how to make one that looks like Ledger's Joker from DK. 

PZ

Cute indeed - I need one of those for my easy chair in front of the TV  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳