Ahaaaa....

Started by JRD, December 30, 2009, 10:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

.... just when you all thought OFP2 had cooled down for good, Santa dropped a copy on my PC I can play for a few days before travelling to Far, Far Away   ;D ;D

Thing is: I don't have much time to enjoy this highly-anticipated-only-recently-purchased-game, nor do I possess a game manual  :( ... which brings me to my point (yes, I have one)

HOW THE *BLEEP* DO I CALL AN AIR STRIKE ON OFP2?  :-*

I press Q and get the radial menu, but only for issuing orders to my men (who I accidentaly shot death during the first mission  ::) )

That very first radio antenna is down, no problem, but the village downhill should be cleaned using a strike... OK I killed'em all the old classy way, but I just want to watch the fireworks... pleeeeease  ;D

Oh, and another nasty thing... annoying... when I press RMB to bring the ironsights/scope view, my gun immediately points to some 30 degrees clockwise and as I release the RMB, again, another 30 degrees clockwise.
Imagine my men as they look at me
- No, dumb @ss... THAT way!!!

Anyone had/heard of that before?? As a STEAM copy, it should be updated with the latest patch!!!!

Thanks for any light on the subject!!! :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

No idea about that 30° deviation  :(

Air strikes: use right shift :)

If you still can't do it, you probably did everything right but you may not have got it at your disposal. If you had skipped certain waypoints where an airstrike would have been "handed out" to you, you can't call it.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Art beat me too it  :) .
had a look around net but could not find a pdf version of the manual that comes with the disc. Only sites and torrents supposedly offering the strategy guide (which I've just remembered is on my book shelf - Doh!)
Need to get back into it as never got round to completing it.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

What can we say? You're quick on the draw there, pardner ;D

Art Blade

;D

Mostly with PZ, sometimes JRD and spaceboy, and RedRaven, we keep posting simultaneously, and one of us hits "submit" a little earlier than the rest of us.  :)

JRD

Cheers Art... didn't play again to check the air strike, but one funny thing happened:

I accidentaly killed all my teammates after clearing the village downhill and got the driver's seat in one remaining jeep to try a suicide run towards the next check point.

As I drove on, yealling TORA TORA TORA, the three of them materialized in my car!!!! BACK FROM THE DEAD and ready to roll!!!
And none of them were pissed off with me for what happened...
I still had time to say "No heart feelings dude" before flipping my jeep in a PLA checkpoint  ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

haha, nice story, and I like that "tora! tora! tora!"  ;D :-X

What happened to you is, when you play on easy ("normal"), your buddies respawn at a checkpoint. So you must have driven through one, but it is funny  :)

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on December 31, 2009, 08:21:40 AM
What happened to you is, when you play on easy ("normal"), your buddies respawn at a checkpoint. So you must have driven through one, but it is funny  :)

Is that so? Thanks for the headsup, will start another campaign on hard. To have my teamates respawning just spoils the fun for me. I always play keeping my team alive when they are "steady characters"

Well, anyway it was a surprise for me... to have them poping out of thin air as I was driving to death hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  ;D ;D

JRD

Crap... still with that 30° thing... can't play like that... otherwise game runs smooth on high settings default!
Have to check CM forums...  :(

Art Blade

JRD, try re-setting the keys to default and reconfigure them again, I bet it has to do with a cocked-up setting.

JRD

Tried everything but no dice  :(

CM forums have some guys with a mouse lag issue, but its not my case... nobody seems to have that same problem.
Funny is: sometimes it doesn't happen, but most of the time it does... and always clockwise... weird!!
As one last resource I'll update my mouse driver... but I doubt it'll w@&k. I already swapped my mouse for a better one!!

If everything else fails... uninstall, reinstall....grrrrrrrrr  >:( ... annoying!

Art Blade

what happens if you don't use RMB for ironsights? A different key?

RedRaven

Or try resetting to default controls ? See if that sorts it out. If not you may be right in un/re-instal  :(
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Uh-oh... FC2 is showing the same symptoms... right click causes a 30° clockwise movement!!  :D

At least it means that the problem is not with OFP2, but somewhere in my PC... the question is: where?  :-\

Downloaded new driver, but nothing changed... the only thing that changed here was my motherboard - wife had to change it as I was out of town, so I couldn't follow the surgery!

Any idea on how to solve it now? I'm really limited about that hardware issues!!

deadman1

Hmm update the motherboard drivers?

Art Blade

The only thing? You make it sound like it was nothing, but to me replacing a mobo is quite an act. Whoa. Could be anything, really. From BIOS issues to wires that are not isolated properly or plugs not wired correctly... Man, I have to pass the bucket! No idea, sorry JRD  :(

JRD

Yes... only was sarcasm...   :P

Everything else seems ok when I use my PC, but I agree that it sure sounds like something nasty on the MoBo!!

Either I call support or an airstrike.... oops, sorry... will have to deal with it somehow

Anyway, cheers all for any input...  :-X

RedRaven

Beyond doing a complete reformat cant think of any quick fix.
Good luck in fixing it though, hate it when I get a hardware fault, its usually a royal pain to fix - beyond the swift kick method ;)

deadman1

1. Check witch games are affected by this( assuming that windows is working normaly)
2. Make sure those games are fully patched.
3. Make sure that I have all the latest drivers for my hardware.
4. Open the computer and remove all cards and make sure that the MB is mounted correctly  i.e. that it´s not touching the back of the chassi.
5. Put the cards back one at a time starting with the vidcard and check if the problem continues.
6. If this doesn´t solve the problem give the computer a swift hard kick and perform a format and reinstall.

I agree with Red that hardware problems are a real pain but try and make sure that it´s not a software problem before ripping out the hardware to save you some w@&k. Good luck mate  :-X

PZ

You truly have a strange problem JRD - I assume that you only have the issue in games because you didn't mention other applications - correct?

If so, you might want to check your Direct X version/installation and update/reinstall.  If only games are affected, and other software correctly uses the right button, it might be something to do with whatever system files that games use, and the only one that comes to my mind right now is Direct X.

JRD

You are right PZ... so far only games are weird!
Other applications (so far, cos I haven't been using that PC for a while) are working fine! Besides, the problem is: when RMB gives a movement order, it shows some problems, but what other applications use RMB as movement keys  ;) ?

Only games!

If I right click anywhere else, I get a dropdown menu with all options available! Windows is fine and all other apps too!

Will download new drivers and follow deadman's instructions (up to nº 3 at least  ::) )

Art Blade

deadman1

Hehehe I may have gotten a little carried away there  :P but since windows seems to be working fine the problem is most likely in the software.

RedRaven

Just occurred to me, could it be your mouse drivers ?. Or may be USB drivers if its using that connection.
Either way, what ever gremlin it is hope you get it fixed ok.

Tags:
🡱 🡳