STALKER: anomalies

Started by JRD, December 30, 2009, 05:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Hey Red... what the heck are those anomalies?
Are they good for anything or they are there just to bother you?
Maybe there's a way to use them against foes?
I reckon some of them are stationary, some move around randomly, some just pop up after you do something...
So far I just played a couple of missions for Wolf in the very beginning of SoC, but I really like it so far.
Great dynamics... use some"buddies" to help you assault an area or leave them behind and go Rambo, loot dead bodies, take missions at will in several places, dangerous environment, nice fire and light effects...  :-X

Man, gonna be hooked on this game in no time  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

they are very good at making you DEAD!  :(
which episode are you on ? SoC or Clear Sky ?I found them alot worse in SoC. you do get a basic anomaly detector, also some can be seen as a shimmer in the air. The only practical use for them is to get one between you and what ever evil nasty is after eating you. Although in the Oblivion Lost mod for SoC there is an amazing feature where you can use anomalies and artefacts in an alchemical way to create new and better artefacts.

http://stalker.heroesradio.com/Anomalies.php

the link above gives more detailed explanations of anomalies & artefacts in SoC.
And a quick google search will bring up many for clear sky but I have yet to find anything as comprehensive as Heroes Radio for Clear Sky.
I am currently working on figuring out how to mod the steam version as it does not create the same file location and structure as an install from disc, will let you know when I've got it sussed out :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Quote from: RedRaven on December 30, 2009, 05:54:33 AM
they are very good at making you DEAD!  :(

That I learned the hard way!!  ::)

Anyway, thanks a lot for the links (this one and a few others in another thread), there are loads of things to learn about anomalies... hehehe I like games that make me study like this  ;)

Apparently some of them form artifacts, but I burned my @ss off wandering within one of those anomalies to see if I could find anything but only found pain  ;D
Also, my PDA said I could search for a body in an area where an anomaly lies and all I found were pseudodogs and boars  :(

I'm in the very beginning os Shadow of Chernobyl and enjoying it a lot. Did a mission for the trader and a couple of missions for Wolf, will assault a farm now and see if I can get something good out of it

I'll finish that one before going to Clear Sky and I'm certainly looking forward to Call of Pripyat  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

That does it now, got to play it again ;D

The only body I can think off between Sid the trader and the rail road is to the west, just before a tunnel filled with anomalies that goes under the train track. Maybe your PDA meant for you to search that body, sometimes the translation to english is not always perfect as far as I can recall. And unless your middle name is 007 I would avoid the military on the road that goes under the trains, there is a gap in the fence to the east of them, thats the safest way over.
The variety of maps on Zone Survival Guide are good, some just show the basics as you see with the PDA, others are more detailed with all stashes etc marked and linked to details of contents etc.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Although I only played Clear Skies, I think some of that is true for your game. All I can say, JRD, is that you should keep Artifacts (my little brethren ;) ) They are gaining weight over time in the game (not so useful at the beginning, but very useful later on, especially if you combine them).
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳