Favorite assassination missions

Started by PZ, December 20, 2009, 02:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Kind of contains spoilers because methods of assassination are detailed - if you want a completely information free game play, you might consider avoiding this post.

Now that I've finished the main missions, I'm going back to complete some of the other mission types like the beat-ups, courier, and assassination assignments.  I must say that the assassination quests are my favorite because they are so varied, and require a certain amount of thought to complete because they are not all the same.  Here are a couple of examples:

• Mission - kill 10 brute guards in one minute.  Once you begin playing, you'll see that it sometimes takes one minute to kill only a single brute, let alone 10 of them in that time span.  In this mission, some of the brutes are standing on a bridge in formation looking like a set of bowling pins, while others are patrolling in a circular path on the bridge.  The solution - use poison.  Sneak up behind the brutes and stab as many as you can with the poison before they start exhibiting symptoms.  Once they do, then others will stop and watch - sneak up behind them and again stab as many as you can.  The only problem: one of them will recognize you at a certain time which will start battle, but because most of them have already been stabbed, they will begin to die off.  However, it is a challenge to get enough of them stabbed so that you can complete the assassination in the allotted time.
  • Mission - kill the 5 guards stationed at various places - ensure that you are not seen by the victims or the general public.  I thought this might be a bit tough - one victim was easily accessible on a low roof - hanging from the edge of the roof, Ezio managed to pull him off and send him tumbling to his death.  Two were in high towers - climb them and do the same, but you need to position yourself carefully to avoid being discovered.  The last two were standing in the crowd - more of a challenge, I thought, but by using poison, Ezio was able  to quickly stab each guard as he passed by - without being noticed.  The guards started reeling in turn as Ezio strode confidently away.

Art Blade

sounds like good fun  :) Nice post, PZ  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks Art - the game continues to please despite the race aspects of some of the missions (I'm just avoiding them).  In fact, doing the side missions is reminiscent of FC2 - you can take the mission, but do all kinds of things along the way to the mission destination.  For instance, I've been getting quite a few laughs stealing florens from unsuspecting citizens, slipping a brute a poison vial, etc.  Once I even did the poisoning routine with a guard and as he began wildly swing his sledge, I threw a bunch of coins near him which caused several of the onlookers to rush in - naturally they were hit by the sledge.  In other words, you can experiment with a great variety of techniques, much like in FC2.  :-X

Art Blade

hehe, good ideas there  ;D nice reading all that kind of stuff, I'm glad you're enjoying the game so much. I bet you're already thinking of your PC and how nice it would be to take some screenshots, and maybe some cheats... ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Sure am - I'd even be able to do the races if I could use cheats  ;D

I'd also love to do screen captures and short movie recordings of techniques.  The poison animations are very funny.

Tags:
🡱 🡳