Morse Code Message in Mokuba ...Decoded!

Started by eor123, December 18, 2009, 09:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eor123

I submit the following for some kind of geek / trivia achievement:

Just as I was about to destroy the supplies in Mokuba, I heard morse code coming from the radio on the bed of the truck. It is fairly fast at approximately 30 wpm and the message repeats every few minutes.

I copied the names and numbers pretty easily but the bulk of the message initially seemed like random letters. I set up a recording for repeated playback to help me figure it out. 

The reason I was having trouble decoding it is because it is in French and I have learned to copy letter groups and words in English at speeds above 20 wpm. Copying individual letters at those speeds is a bit over my skill level.

The message:

Veronique et Oliver
10 10 2009
Ma cherie je taime et je taimerai tojours

I suppose Veronique and Oliver were getting married on October 10th. Pardon my French (in this instance, literally  ;D ) but I believe it is an expression of love and love forever -- a pretty well know phrase or lyrics, I believe.

In case you are wondering, I am an amateur (ham) radio operator in another life and enjoy using morse code -- in English and at slightly slower speeds.

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

mandru

Wow, thanks eor123.  8)  :-X

I'd caught the sound of the radio in that truck before but it never crossed my mind that someone would actually come along and fill in the info about what was being transmitted.

One of the great things that I am enjoying most about my time here at OWG is that every time I turn around another one of our members is bringing something to the table that expands our understanding of all the details that have been loaded into FC2.

It's no wonder that the end credits for the game run something like 15 minutes.

We just keep finding stuff. Layers and layers of goodies hidden through out the game.

Nice find!  :)

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Incredible. I've never learned morse code apart from "SOS" and it is miraculous people can actually communicate with binary code ("." and "-") so Kudos to those who can.

The message is very interesting, and I pardon your french ;D ;D ;D

Actually, eor123, decoding that morse code is worth a respectful and cordial applaud. Thank you very much, mate  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Very impressive eor123 - just the kind of find we love to read about.  You've definitely shown yourself to be exactly the kind of member we greatly appreciate!

Excellent w@&k.  :-X :-X

mmosu

Nice find eor123!!!  :-X  That's the kind of stuff we love around here!
And the rabbit hole goes that much deeper . . .

Art Blade

Quote from: eor123 on December 18, 2009, 09:48:43 PM
10 10 2009

The release was in 2008, does it really say 2009 or is that a typo? :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

maybe veronice and oliver or one of them w@&k at UBI and they put that in for fun.  Then the 2009 wedding date may have been made in 2008. 

Cool find on the Morse code eor123!  The dedication to detail in this game is incredible.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mmosu

I'm with you Space, seems like something that a programmer probably slipped in there for fun.

eor123

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

cool. Looks like a secret in a secret, then  :)

retiredgord

Excellent find eor 123. I'm still deeply involved in Fallout 3 now but I enjoy coming back day after day to check on all these goodies.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

fragger

Very nice w@&k, eor123! Consider me impressed :-X :-X

wexer9

This is impressive.

+1 Karma for you, eor123. :)

eor123

I sat through all the credits the other night looking for Veronique and Oliver. I didn't see any Veronique's but there are several Oliver's, three or four of whom are in the audio design, production, editing departments.

Probably one of them.

Art Blade

hehe, nice thinking! :) Pity she's not there, though.

mmosu

It's either the most romantic thing I've ever heard, or the nerdiest  :'(

eor123

Even nerds can be romantic.

I got married, afterall.  ;D

mmosu

Well, you know what they say - behind every good man is a woman shaking her head  ;)

Art Blade

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳