Medal of honor

Started by deadman1, December 15, 2009, 01:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

I just read the review of the game on Gamespot, Don't know if you guys agree......? I don't want to purchase the game and find it so frustrating to play that it becomes a bad investment like so many other games I've come across.   
Spoiler
Snipers are some of the deadliest and most frustrating soldiers to deal with in shooters, so it's very appealing to be the one behind the scope in Sniper: Ghost Warrior. The trouble is that a lot of design miscues by developer City Interactive make it almost as aggravating to play a sniper here as it is to try to avoid the insta-kill headshots that snipers deal out as bad guys in other first-person shooters. Maddening difficulty, irritating enemy AI that hides its stupidity by being prescient, and terrible stealth mechanics make the game as annoying as a mosquito in your bedroom. Only sharp jungle visuals, cool slow-mo camera effects that let you get up close and personal with bloody headshots, and a somewhat promising multiplayer save the game from being a total disaster.

Art Blade

Nexor, maybe you'd like to read the topic at OWG about that sniper game and check out for yourself all the impressions, pics, vids and so on, right here :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Thanks Art, I'm downloading the demo, with all the info supplied by you guys and playing the demo should help me make up my mind

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

[smg id=3594]
I took him out with the shotgun

Art Blade

That looks.. strange. Either most of his body is gone as in blown away with your shotgun (which seems unlikely with regard to his chillaxed and alive facial expression) or he is mostly submerged in the ground, as if coming bubbling up in his own blood from below. Strange pic, very realistic-looking details except the not fitting bit of that missing body (or, the other way round, of what's visible of it) ????

fragger

That is a weird scene ??? He must be a relative of the Rock Solid Merc :-()

Btw nexor, who is saying "This is gonna get worse"? The guy in the ground? I can't see how much worse it can get for the poor sod...

Art Blade

fragger, hehe, my thoughts exactly  :)

Ah, now I know: if that is what remains of a guerilla then there should be a LOT more blood and gore.

edit: oops. Missing out a K in "know" ??? ???? :-()

nexor

Quote from: fragger on August 08, 2011, 08:35:04 PM
Btw nexor, who is saying "This is gonna get worse"? The guy in the ground? I can't see how much worse it can get for the poor sod...
One of the team members said that, probably after he saw what I did to this guy....

fragger

I'm sure he treated you with the utmost respect from then on :-()

Art ^+-+

Art Blade

A good line would be,

"I did that to him because I didn't like  how he looked at me. So you better stop staring at me because that it is starting to make me angry."

>:D

PZ

At least we get to see the face of this rock solid merc.  If the blood wasn't there, I'd say that someone buried him in an ant hill  :-()

Art Blade

a rather flat ant hill, or a giant one, depending on your point of view. :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳