Started by Art Blade, December 13, 2009, 12:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

;D ;D ;D

Futile Misfire 25 hits out of 82 rounds  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Quote from: mandru on December 14, 2009, 08:04:20 PM
Not finding any promising hits on Google for more info on "FM 25-82". :(

I may be on to something here:

http://globalsecurity.asterpix.com/cy/2425181/?q=FM+25-82&domain=globalsecurity.org&t=site&uq=1

"FM" apparently stands for "Field Manual", the "25" I think is the manual issue#, and the "82" may be the year of publication. There's a lot of DoD stuff at this site, if you want to take the time to poke around.

mandru

Thanks fragger, I'll need to rummage around there a while and see if I can dig anything up.
- mandru

Art Blade

... you got your first diamond (outside of Mike's Bar area in Leboa I mean, like "somewhere")? Mine was in a concrete pipe outside and west of scrap salvage, and it was night. I remember the firefight that ensued with the nearby GP mercs who must have heard me walking around.

Today is another memorable day, and a first time for me:

Yieha! (and thanks, Dweller_Benthos, for your map, whithout it I'd never have managed)  :)
[smg id=1815 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Congrats mr. Blade... now hurry up and purchase every last item in the armoury you don't possess yet!!  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Thanks, JRD :)

I already have all weapons, I cheated my diamonds and unlocked the weapons from the start. Now I "undid" my surplus diamonds, (set them to zero) and started finding the remaining 50 or so briefcases. So I got 172 diamonds out of that search, took me about two days to finish that task. I wanted to get all briefcases at least once :)

I always thought you'd find 1,000 diamonds, but in my notepad it reads 780.

JRD

When I got all 1,000 rocks, my notepad read 1,000!
That's the feeling af accomplishment!!

Better try again, son  ::)

Art Blade

Thanks, must have to do with cheating them in advance. Next time I'll play without cheating weapons and diamonds, for a change  :-X

mandru

Quote from: Art Blade on December 26, 2009, 10:42:09 AM

I always thought you'd find 1,000 diamonds, but in my notepad it reads 780.

Are you adding the difference of the diamonds that you are paid by the factions to run their errands?  I think once you add that in it should give you the 1000.
- mandru

fragger

That's correct, all briefcase diamonds plus paid faction and conn tower missions make up the 1000.

Art Blade

I was only looking at the statistics where it reads "diamonds found" = 780

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on December 26, 2009, 01:20:04 PM
I was only looking at the statistics where it reads "diamonds found" = 780

But I guess it accounts for all diamonds you got... found with your GPS, cell tower, main missions etc...

Art Blade

JRD is right

Edit: needed a MASSIVE change :)

Art Blade

by the way, this is the first time I started with dedication to collect all diamonds and all tapes. And I'm not cheating any diamonds this time (so I need to collect them)  :) I try to collect all diamonds (and tapes) inside a map section a mission leads me to, before I leave the area.

Art Blade

JRD, you WERE right about the diamonds  :-X

JRD

Oh, well... I'm glad its all sorted out... I was burning a fuse with that one!
I could swear it accounted for all diamonds and not only those found with your GPS  ;D ;D

Thanks mate...  :-X

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

First time hang gliding was fun, the otherwise useless one near the chemical plant. I had already killed everyone at the plant and left it a smoking ruin. I saw the waterfall and wandered over there, then looked at the map and saw the path leading up the hill and followed it. Saw the hang glider but wanted to explore a bit more and luckily did a save at that point. Rock-hopped up past the waterfall and got to a point where the display showed the loading symbol and thought, wow, what now? but after it loaded, I couldn't get much higher, and there was nothing below me. So, I started to hop back down, and landed on .... nothing.... fell through the map and quickly died, my first FC2 map hole, lol (of many, once I had the trainer). Thought that was pretty funny, I was hardly into the game, just out of the tutorial missions, and I find a map hole. Reloaded the save game and flew the hang glider back down to my waiting truck. I thought that the hang glider would need to be used at some point in a mission, but it never was, wonder what it's up there for?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

:)

My first hang glider experience was rather disappointing, because I knew how well they worked in FC1. There, when pressing "down" which meant "nose up," you could really gain height and climb higher, while in FC2 you never get on top of the level you started from, more precisely, you always drop. Some of you may remember this vid "I can fly" by our member MadCat1968, the trick he used was to push the nose down slightly and most of the time for one reason: speed. The faster you fly, the more area you cover, the more reserve you have to do a final pull-up before you crash/land. Only a couple of days ago I tried it with success, never before was I able to perform anything like it. I did take a slightly different route though, I speeded down and around the rock to the road and followed the road, landing next to the buggy at petro sahel. That was the first time I actually prolonged a flight. :)

In good memories of MadCat1968 (never seen nor heard from since end of April 2009).

[smg id=198 type=av]

PZ

Excellent video, and longer than any flight I ever made.  In fact, I hardly made use of the gliders except for a few - most notably the one above Weelegol and the one near the pipeline.

When attacking Weelegol, I always use the sniper ledge north of town and use a variety of weapons.  Usually the AS50 to torch flammables, but I have lots of fun with the flare pistol as well.  Then because my mission typically takes me to the area where the radio announcer is located (close to the glider position), I typically fly the glider back to where I parked my AT near my original sniper position.  Quick in and our like any specops guy  ;D

At the pipeline, I always take out the area from the outpost across the gorge.  It boasts a grenade launcher which makes it child's play to take out nearly everyone in the area.  Then I take the glider to mop up the rest.

Art Blade

I should try that once. I never used that glider to overcome the gorge, in fact, I hardly ever visit that sniper/gl tower location. Instead, I snipe many guys from the nearby cell tower and then it's time to whip out the MP5 to mop up the oncoming wave of remaining mercs who usually come running down the path and towards the safehouse where I am already awaiting them with loving bursts of hot metal from my silenced weapon :)

fragger

There's a couple of other hang gliders that don't seem to be there for any other reason than just to fly them around, one in Leboa west of Cattle Xing on the other side of the massif, near the safehouse, and one in Bowa, a ways west of Sediko, overlooking the fork in the river and with a gold AK-47 on a ledge below it. These hang gliders don't seem to have any real purpose that I can discern.

Art Blade

If you check out D_B's maps, then you'll see green hang gliders with dotted green courses leading to diamonds accessible by using that certain hang glider, the ones without a dotted course may be useless (except for fun gliding).

fragger

When I was a FC2 newbie I got into all sorts of trouble with getting into vehicles. As in the UK, we drive on the left in Oz, so I was always jumping into the right-hand seats of cars and ATs sheerly from force of (real life) habit. Then I'd have to waste precious seconds sliding over into the driver's seat, which could be rather exciting if I was using the vehicle to try and hightail it out of trouble quickly.

I also didn't realise that the plastic bottles of water one comes across could be used to restore health. I thought they might have contained fuel for flame-throwers, until I saw one being used to restore health in one of Mechsican's vids :D

Tags:
🡱 🡳