Alright well I'm stuck.

Started by raistlinmajere8, December 08, 2009, 02:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raistlinmajere8

Okay well I'm on this assassination mission from one of the towers, and I just can't seem to do it.

The guy is located smack dab in the middle of this little village, populated with many, many angry men. I can't think of the name of the top of the head, and I'm not near my computer that has FC 2 on it right now, but I know it starts with an M, and its a little shanty town of those metal siding building things.

The place has no decent surronding sniping spot that I have found, which really screws me. I've tried sniping as many people as I can, and then charging in with shotgun and machine gun, but I just get owned everytime, even when a buddy comes and saves me. I've tried like 5 times now, and I can't get past it.  :-[

This has never happened to me before. And now I'm reminded of the Tremors 2 quote

"This has never happened to me before...... I am COMPLETELY out of ammo"

:P

Fiach

I havent played in a long time, So I'm not sure if this is the mission, I think I snuck in at night and killed him, was it a village beside a lake or a river or something, I think I brought a boat to the one I am thinking of.

I do remember another village, it was a pretty sprawling village, I had to basically kill everyone to get the guy.

Sorry its not much help :(, maybe if you had the name of the mission?
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

spaceboy

You must be referring to Mokuba.  That place is a rats nest if you ask me...  That's the one with the windmill right?  I always approached from the west - there's a safe house there to save at before going in.

I think due to the close quarters I wound up using the flamethrower there because it immediately stops the mercs from firing and they go down pretty quick.

Also I think I just snuck and took my time waiting sometimes in one of the many little nooks and crannys for the mercs to come to me...then I'd move out and find another spot.   

Sorry not much help either I suppose...good luck though

Also, you're not talking about having to kill the businessman are you?  That guy hides out in a little shack just outside of Mokuba and can easily be sniped when coming from the west without even alerting the residents of Mokuba.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mandru

It sounds like the shanty town Mokuba.

This would put you in the South Eastern most grid of the map in the first half of the game (act I).

Good news is that this is a non regenerating town. Limited number of mercs and you only have to kill them once each. The trick is to get them to come to you in a way that you have time to handle them.

Also Good news if this is the mission to kill the car dealer that ripped off your buddy Josip the West approach if you hang to the right side along the mountain wall as you come in your target will be the first thing you see and is a wide open target and a speedy exit out the way you came in.

Bad news, if this is the mission given by the Cell tower your target of opportunity likes to nest up right in the middle of the town and is often the last living thing, hopefully besides you, to contend with.

There are three main ways to come in to hit that area. From the North, up from the South East and from the West.

For the South East and North approaches, if indeed you are in Mokuba, the map grid one square north of you has a gun shop and armory if you need to swap out weapons or top off ammo before a fresh attempt.

If you are coming in from the West there is a clump of spiky rocks that poke up on the right hand side of the valley as it opens up on the edge of town that you can climb up into and if you are using a silent dart rifle grab several opportunity shots as they come looking for you but understand once the mercs figure out your position you are hanging out in the open and it can become a turkey shoot. Be prepared to drop down and back pedal up the canyon to draw them out of cover one by one so that you can press in again and re-stir the hornets nest.

Remember use something silent if you want to sit in one spot as long as possible while picking off your targets and something loud when you want them to come looking for you.

If you come in from the North as you approach the town if you look at your map you will see that the road makes a sharp "U" shaped turn to the left where it is dropping down and passing right behind a merc set up on a look out with an RPG so leave the road instead of following it and you will be above and to the right behind him and if you've been at all quiet on your approach an easy to pot target.

Your call here, the position you shoot from to take out the RPG is actually a better vantage point to assault the whole town than the platform the RPG is standing on, though I have actually while checking out his overlook been able to spot and tag my target from there but only once in many a play through.

If you are coming from the South East I've noticed a couple spots that look like they should w@&k well but every time I get the RPG shooting from across the valley and I end up down on the valley floor using the push in/cause a ruckus then back pedal to pick off the mercs as they come after me other wise I get chopped up. The South East is not my favorite approach though I can make it w@&k.

Art has posted details about a bit of a dangerous (Be sure you have a good save point before using) sniper spot for Mokuba.

Here: http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=1004.msg13807#msg13807

Good luck on your next attempt and let us know if you need any more info.

Oh and look, spaceboy managed to jump in right before I could get this sent off.  ;D 
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

spaceboy

yeah but your post had a lot more info/help.  Better than  "uh.. use the flamethrower"  ::) :P
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I formerly dreaded going to Mokuba, and have tried three methods (already mentioned by others, but I thought I'd share anyway).

• My favorite way is walking by way of the passage to the west.  You cone in on the western edge of Mokuba (where the car dealer becomes killed)  ;D   This is probably the easiest way for me because I can do much of the town silently if I'm careful.
  • My first way into the area was from the road to the south - would go up into Mokuba and hug the western mountains, working my way through the hordes of mercs - often not a pretty sight as they snuck up behind me.
  • The road to the north is fun at times because I walk the short foot path that leads to the RPG merc - take him out with the 6P9 and then rocket the town with his own launcher.  I've also blanketed the town with flares to start lots of fires.  However, it is also possible to sneak into town from this side - hug the right side of the area and sneak into the rusty shantys.  Take out the mercs silently one by one as you w@&k your way deeper into town (talk about a rush).  Have also relatively easily killed the target in the center of town using this method.

Art Blade

One trick that always works is to silently kill the first (or after the RPG guy, second) merc that is in the middle of the town on the road next to the crate with explosives. When he drops, a couple of mercs will walk over to him puzzled, unsure what to do for a moment -- that's when you blow up that ammo pile. The explosion takes out the nearby mercs, and some fires will start, causing panic and a few deaths by fire. Hehe  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Funny!

That reminds me of a side mission that I did once to take out a furniture convoy - didn't frag the truck as I usually did, but instead sniped the driver and stole the truck.  Then loaded it with 8 IEDs and raced it up into Mokuba from the south - made it almost into the center of town before I jumped out and ran like heck, detonator in hand.  Just when the confusion was at it's height, a flick of the switch and the center of town went up in a huge explosion.

JRD

Mokuba is one of the places I hate the most in FC2 land...
If you are up to close quarters combat, pack your best shotgun and go for it.

I once had a great, great time there though.
Coming at night from southeast or west, keep close to the rocks that surrounds the area in the south. The target of opportunity will be in a shack in the central west area of Mokuba. Get close to him and drop an IED... move away... blow the ba$t@rd and watch as mercs run in panic.
Make sure he doesn't see you... the IED shouldn't be at his feet... the blast will do the trick even from a few steps aways and even if behind one of those thin metalic sheets shacks have for walls
I managed to drop the IED and move north, pass the RPG guy and stay crouched in the high grass right in the northern entrance - a higher ground - completely unnoticed, before blowing up the gift... sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet  8) 8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I usually use the forest path from the west as well, there is decent cover there to snipe from and you can duck back into the woods or even run back to the safe house if you need to, though going that far might make a respawn happen. I w@&k my way through from there to the guy I need to kill. But, sometimes, I just come in from the north, sneak up behind the guy with the rocket launcher and lob greandes or rockets into the area the guy hangs out, with luck you can kill the guy without much hassle and be out before anybody really starts gunning for you. I think I also used molotovs once and burned the guy as well.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

there are lots of flammables and explosives scattered around the place, so molotovs are a good idea if you want to spread fire across the town -- it will get bigger on igniting the other stuff there :)

fragger

I once did the mission to take out the Special Forces guys' gear in the truck at Mokuba like this: I came in from the north, darted the RPG guy from the rocks above and behind him, then ran down and picked up his launcher, intending to wreak some havoc with it before I moved in. I spotted a merc as he walked behind a metal fence a distance away, so I send a rocket after him. I don't know if I got him or not, but I did get the truck, and a "Mission Completed" message. It was a total fluke, you can't see the truck at all from the RPG guy's position because it's in a covered ditch, but apparently you can get it with a rocket from there if you just hit the right spot.

Picked my dart gun back up, ran back up through the rocks, into my Moggie and out. No return fire at all, and the cost for the mission was one dart and one RPG. 8)

Next time I'm there, I'll try and do it again and get a cap of where I aimed.

Art Blade

hehe, fluke and getting a shock, I believe  ;D I have done something similar once, not a mission though, it went down like this: "ok, one grenade and I'm off" -- one grenade, and everything blew up in a gigantic chain reaction (probably Weelegol or Sefapane). lol, I was really paralysed  :)

PZ

Good methods to try the next time through  :-X

Dweller_Benthos

It is easier once you know where the target is, you can lob grenades in the genral area until you hit the right spot.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

Right, I found that spot. It wasn't actually from the RPG guy's position, it was from the rounded rock up the slope behind him, the one you can climb up on. From there, you get this view, with the circle showing the location of the ditch with the truck:

[smg id=1785]

Here it is close up:

[smg id=1786]

Lob a rocket in there and the truck is history. :)

Art Blade

nice one, fragger :) Cheers  :-X

mandru

Nice find fragger.  :-X

I usually mop up all the mercs in the area grab the nearby AT and follow that road in front of your shots there on through the shanty town and down to rescue my BB.

Doing it your way would add an interesting level of complexity to the task
- mandru

Art Blade

To add more complexity, don't go that way down to rescue your BB. Drive through scrap salvage and get out at the opposite end of the valley your buddy waits for your help. The attack will start once you are getting close to the junction outside of the scarp salvage, so you will be really late... but a nice view from this side of the trunk, blocking the street far away, where you'd usually have got in through to aid your buddy :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳