AC2 funny moments

Started by PZ, December 06, 2009, 04:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

hahahaha.... good one fragger!  :-X

PZ

This one was a funny on me - sort of.

I was walking amidst a group of courtesans intending to go past a line of guards when in hops this wandering musician singing a song and wanting a handout.  I usually pick the pocket of these guys and they run off screaming "I can play something else!" or some such nonsense.  However, because I was distracted by planning how to get past the guards, I accidentally hit the attack button while he was with me in the middle of the courtesan group and my double blades quickly sent him to the ground.  I expected the guards to come rushing at me, but evidently being "hidden" among the courtesans also hid my misdeed and they paid no attention to my actions.  The funny part (in addition to getting the pesky guy off my back) was that when me and my courtesan group left his dead body behind while we were still heading toward the line of guards, they (the guards) finally noticed the corpse and rushed past us to investigate.  Phew - problem solved - stupid mercs.. I mean guards.

Art Blade

You have an amazing talent for stuff like that, like accidently killing and robbing people, and on top get away with it  ;D :-X Nice story, PZ  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

I normally just throw a punch at the guys, now if only I could pick up the guitar to do some guard beatings with.  I guess those ladies have seen enough in their time not to run away screaming at someone being murdered in their midst.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

Quote from: spaceboy on January 04, 2010, 12:23:39 PM
if only I could pick up the guitar to do some guard beatings with

LOL That's our spaceboy!  ;D Muahahaha, I can almost see the guitar breaking apart with some pling! ploing! sounds after a couple of hearty strokes to the guards' heads  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

lol thanks Art... I'm kinda surprised you can't actually because you can pick up the shop owner's brooms and use them to beat up guards.

Art Blade

Hm, if you can't pick up the guitar to beat a guard with, why not pick up a guard to beat the guitar with  ;D That would give the expression "he beat me to it" a completely new sense  ;D

PZ

lol, you guys are too funny!  ;D

PZ

One of the actions the developers programmed into the game makes me laugh every time my character performs it - although you (as Ezio) are not allowed to kill citizens, you can enter into fist fights with them.  These typically ensue after you have pic-pocketed someone and they come up behind you.  You can always sense this because the people in front of you are backing away from you while keeping their eyes firmly glued to your position - turn around and sure enough - there is an angry citizen trying to punch your lights out.

You have several options of combat that you can use in any sequence - punch, head butt, knee to the belly.  I usually use a combination of these, but it takes 3 of them (in any sequence) to get the guy (or gal) down to the ground.  He/she is still capable of getting up for one more punch/head butt/knee, but there is another option - while he is still on the ground, you can walk up to him and kick him in the nuts.

While the fight progresses, the crowd of onlookers keeps growing, and they are boo-ing, making hand gestures, and uttering other choice phrases, but if you kick the guy in the nuts, they quickly back away and start running in a panic (evidently they are quite empathetic to the guy's predicament)  ;D

However, if I don't kick the guy when he's down, I quickly circulate through the crowd pic-pocketing everyone I can - I figure that they have seen the show, so they might as well pay for it.

Art Blade

Nice story, and I am again surprised at how evil a man you are in those games  ;D ;D ;D

Not long now, february, and I'll be able to get my copy for the PC :)

On an aside, after finishing the game in AC1 you no longer had those restrictions and were "allowed" to kill citizens. Let's rephrase that, you were now able to. Is that also the case in AC2?

PZ

Thanks for the comment - unfortunately, no you can't kill even when you finish the game, although some of them really deserve it  ;D

However, you are allowed to kill a certain number in a specific time frame - not sure exactly what that is though.  The game does inform you after you have killed 2-3 that the next time you kill, you'll be de-synchronized.

JRD

Actually, you can kill citizens any time in AC1, but you`ll be de-synchronised, leading to loss of a bit of energy, which will be restored short after.  :P

It's like smacking your hand and saying "- bad, bad assassin!!"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

RedRaven

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

that is a good one PZ.

I've been feather hunting and trying to knock out glyphs and other trophies - this may be my first Platinum (complete all trophies) if I can get 'em all done.

While I've never tried to chase every trophy the good ones are the ones that lead to trying something you may not typically do in gameplay.  The best are the funny ones.

To get the "Sweeper" trophy you have to sweep (knock out their legs) 5 guards at once with a long weapon.  Since you can't outfit yourself with one at the villa you have to take one from a guard after killing him.   Well I saw a gaggle of guards congretating (typically they only travel in packs of 3 or 4) AND I saw another guard nearby with a long weapon.  Ah - my chance!  I assassinate the guard but while trying to pickup his weapon instead Ezio starts to loot him and meanwhile the large group of guards have been alerted and come to kill me.  I had to run away and then come back quickly to get the long weapon.  They were on me like flies - by holding the attack button and then releasing you perform the sweep  - a few tries and I got 5 at once - "pling" -trophy!  It was so much fun though I kept waiting for them to get up and doing it again until finally putting them out of their misery.

PZ

Great story space - one of the things that keeps me coming back into the game is the great variety with which you can do battle.  I learn new techniques quite frequently, but this one I was not aware of - thanks for posting.  :-X

You know the palace in Venice which is guarded by 4-5 brutes at the front gate, and numerous others dispersed throughout the area? My latest method is goad them into a fight and immediately go on the defensive - can usually deflect their blows until I can grab them and slit their throats - this really disturbs some of them and they run away.  One by one, they fall to the blade until they are all gone.  In fact, I'm now traveling while fully red just so I automatically cause the guards to attack no matter where I go.  It seems like the phrases coming from the towns folk changes as you become adept at killing quickly.

Art Blade

good stories, guys :)  :-X

spaceboy

Thanks Art!

PZ, I know just where your talking about and that was where I intended to get the "No-hitter" trophy.  (Kill 10 guards without taking a hit AND while staying in conflict)  The problem is not only avoiding getting hit but invariably my master Assassin skills scares away the last guard of any group and I go "out" of conflict.  The trick seems to be keeping them alive long enough for the backup to come.  This one is tough.

spaceboy

oh - other favorite trophies that are fun/funny:

Street Cleaner   
Hide 5 dead bodies in a Bale of Hay.

Fly Swatter   
Kick a Guard while using the Flying Machine.

Messer Sandman   
Stun 4 guards at once by throwing sand in their face.

Doctor   
Perform an Air Assassination on a Poisoned NPC.

No-hitter   
Kill 10 enemies while remaining in conflict without being hit.

Kleptomaniac   
Pickpocket 1000 Florins.

Lightning Strike   
Sprint for 100 meters.

Sweeper   
Sweep 5 guards at once by using a Long Weapon.

Red Light Addict   
Spend 5000 florins on Courtesans.

Man of the People   
Toss more than 300 florins on the ground.

PZ

Thanks for the list!  I know that I've accomplished a few at least (have seen messages pop up, but have not paid attention to them), but am unsure of which ones - I'll need to go in and check.

spaceboy

Here's a couple posts you may enjoy...

A little love story I experienced with a courtesan, with pics of our night on the town
http://mygamepages.com/index.php?topic=481.0

Plus a guard getting his arm caught in the roof as he slid down
http://mygamepages.com/index.php?topic=482.0

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on January 20, 2010, 08:55:02 PM

A little love story I experienced with a courtesan, with pics of our night on the town
http://mygamepages.com/index.php?topic=481.0

Don't let spacelady read over your shoulder as you write this!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Art Blade

Nice, spaceboy  ;D

Hm,
QuoteShe consoled me as I felt bad for not having saved those other girls
-- that is annoying. There is no way that could ever happen to me. Or JRD. Because there is no way of saying

"She PC'ed me as I felt bad for not having saved those other girls"

;)

spaceboy

hehe - I'm sure if we try hard enough we can come up with a suiteable use of PC as an acronym.  ;)

Funny I just noticed I called him Altair, not Ezio...duh - I changed it.

Tags:
🡱 🡳