Co-Op play

Started by RedRaven, November 29, 2009, 12:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

Hi All. Set this thread accommodate the Co-Op / Online side of Borderlands. Thought a thread for reviews, opinions and stories. And also a place to arrange to play in Co-Op mode with other OWG members.

Here we can post Platform, Character and times available.

So dont be afraid, grab your guns and Get of the Bus.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

I think a Borderlands:MP board might be necessary, then. Maybe PZ could help you out with it, or remove the misleading "SP" from the board's subject  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Welcome to the new Borderlands:MP board  ;)

Moderator: RedRaven

RedRaven

Cheers for the split PZ  :)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

RedRaven

So I decided to try joining an online game this morning, the list came up with almost a dozen games to join, server would not connect to any?!?

If any of you are playing on PC and interested in some Co-Op play let me know when your free and we can try to get it going. At the moment got Roland at level 10, but also keen to try the other 3 characters from scratch.

Cheers :)

Fiach

Maybe they had different game platforms? Sorry, I never played Co-Op mate, so I cant help much.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mmosu

Had my first co-op experience yesterday.  Played split-screen on my friend's PS3 - he doesn't have Borderlands so I transfered my data to his machine and fired it up, him with my level 37 Mordecai and me with a level 5 Roland that I just started.  It loaded into an environment that was basically a completed playthrough 1 - enemies were at the level they are at the end of the first playthrough, missions are all completed and all areas are unlocked. 
Well, we headed out, and pretty soon it was obvious that I was in trouble!  A few steps out the south gate of Fyrestone and I was face to face with a skag whelp with an exp level twice my own.  He looked right at me - like he could smell I was the weak one.  He charged and got about 2 steps before my buddy turned his body into a hollow tube with a sniper round. 
And that was the story of the afternoon - me running for my life from much higher level foes while my buddy mopped the floor with everyone in sight and saved my butt dozens of times.  The funny thing was that every time he killed someone, I got some exp points.  Even though the exp of the enemies we were killing was insignificant to him at level 37, I was leveling up like crazy!! In the span of about an hour and a half I went from level 5 to 17!!!  By then I was starting to do some damage myself, and soon I picked up some better gear and then we were rolling!  We ran through Skag gully, shotguns blazing, leaving a schmear of red skag guts in our wake - it was awsome!  ;D  The game was throwing a ton of high level foes at us by now and there were several times after the dust settled that we found ourselves knee-deep in cash and ammo drops!! 
Best part was I resaved Roland to a USB, and when I got home he loaded up and I was right back where I left off in the single player game - level 17 and ready to meet TK Baha for the first time!  This playthrough should be a breeze now!! I had been worried it would load in the "end of playthrough 1" world we had been in because it saved as "Roland - lvl 17 - Lucky's last chance watering hole", which incidentaly is in an area that is not yet availible in that character's solo play.  But somehow it recognized the file and put me back where I belonged, with everything ready to go.
So, what I learned was that co-op is where it's at for leveling up a character quickly and then jumping back into single player much more powerful than when you left!!! 

RedRaven

Nice one, only had a ten minute session with the multi-player so far. Should have my PS3 in 3 - 4 weeks so will have to arrange some Co-op skag slaughtering time. And try out the vehicles with 2 players.
Great tip about using Co-op to level up faster, cheers :-X :)

Art Blade

interesting and entertaining read, mmosu :)  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Cheers guys  :-X

@ Raven:  look me up on playstation network once you get going - my ID is mmwosu

Tags:
🡱 🡳