Farcry 3

Started by DKM2, November 25, 2009, 03:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKM2

seen this morning, who knows when it'll come out though..

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16562/1/
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

This is seriously exciting  :-X

JRD

Check Art's comment in 3... 2... 1...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

how did you know I'd pop in just now?  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Hahahaha... the thing is: sometimes you are not around, but only sometimes!!!

As for FC3... I was hoping for a sequel, actually I was very confident about one, but deep down inside I was afraid Ubi would decide to put it aside after many bad reviews and complaints...
They must've found OWG and decided to make a FC3 in our homage  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now all we have to do is wait  :(

Art Blade

glad to see you around, if only sometimes :)  :-X

There may have been some bad critics about FC2 but I reckon the game sold well despite of all those rants. It is a good game, after all :) I love to wait for a good game the devs take time to develop properly. Let's hope they don't rush things again, so they actually fit in all the stuff they originally wanted to.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Thanks mate... I'm around pretty often, only a bit tired to post as much (or play) as I want to!!

We know FarCry 2 is not a sequel of the original FC, so they had to build a new game from scratch... if now they manage to do a sequel, i.e., improve the engine and keep the same flow of FC2, they'll have time to fix some problems and come up with lots of improvements and new stuff... I'm sure that's what we all hope!!

Art Blade

indeed. I am pretty confident that there will be improvements to the game engine, otherwise you could just sell an "add-on." Also, I am pretty confident that they will use Africa again, because it was mentioned a couple of times how much potential the devs saw in Africa and how much they loved it. (Ant)arctica? I don't think that's going to happen. Anyways, I will get that game, unless they use a steam exclusive version. Then I won't.

mmosu

YYEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!
That headline made my day!!  :-X :-X

I'm with you Art, I don't think Antartica seems very likely.  Good thing they decided to see through all the nay-sayers to the solid following that FC2 has.  Now lets hope the devs found their way on to our other FC3 thread and we get some of the things on our wish list  8)

Art Blade

oh man, that would be awesome :)

JRD

I still want to cast a shadow and throw a boomerang!!  ;D

In the meantime, they could try something like Warhound promissed... as a mercenary, your phone rings and you are prompted to choose between "jobs" in many places in the world... Africa, Antartica...
Nah... let's stick to Africa... I'd miss the atmosphere ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

mmosu

Ah yes, the infamous silent "c"

I spent too much time as a kid playing video games and not enough time learning to spell  ;)

PZ

I'd hope for a true sequel as well - I simply love the FC2 world and everything in it.  In fact, I'd be happy with DLC like you can get for FO3

Art Blade

lol @ silent "c" :)

A true sequel would be really nice. I'm not so fond of DLC, I like a good old DVD/CD box with a disk inside. I like to celebrate the entire act of going to the shop, purchasing the game, unwrapping it at home, admiring the case, slap in the disk, installing it... ahhhhh :)

Just played a bit FC2. Man, it's just so great to jump into my worn-out GLAT and bust some mercs :) Doing all that military stuff (OFP2) and the FO3 shooting is nothing compared to a good fight with some mercs. For a change, I used the Dragunov, and I was surprised at how easy it was to punch holes through the heads of those mercs. I enjoyed blowing up some boat patrols around Marina, teasing and killing Datsun Dummies... AHHHhhhhh  ;D

RedRaven

Agree with Art on that, its almost like a ritual going to local or favourite Games retailer, stalking your prey through all the shelves and formats, dodging mercs - erm i mean other customers to claim your prize.
Also due having broken my OFP disc ended up flipping a coin between FC2 and Stalker SOC for my entertainment and ended up starting SOC again. My god had forgotten how unforgiving it is compared to the other games on my playlist. From what i've read and seen within the games data files each and every weapon is very carefully worked out, giving different values for standing, crouching and prone. Running, walking, creeping and stationary as well as the effects of a silencer being fitted. Different rates for each ammo type usable and decay rates per shot.
It all made me appreciate the relative simplicity of FC2 though both of them give very good game play and immersion into their respective environments.
Part of me is still holding out for some form of player mod-ability for FC2, if not then certainly for FC3 when it eventually emerges from the depths of Ubisoft.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Fiach

I cant wait for this, I'm not a big shooter fan, but FC2 is one of my favourite games of al time, I'm really looking forward to this :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

RedRaven

Quote from: fragger on November 26, 2009, 02:50:46 AM
WOO HOO!!!!!

Lol.  lets just hope it doesnt turn into BOO HOO ! ! !
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mmosu

Don't jinx it, this is a very delicate situation  ;)

RedRaven

LOL.
Good point.....
I formally retract my previous statement.

Art Blade

hehe, that "woo hoo" made me chuckle, especially because there was nothing else in that post and it was fragger's first post in this topic :)

JRD

A gamer's worst enemy is expectation!
The more you want and hope and pray and dream... the more likely it is for you to be disappointed!
I bought FC2 on a snap... read somewhere about it, checked one or two reviews and a few screenshots just to see if it looked good and bam... cash (well) spent  ;D

If I was anticipating the game for years, I'd probably be a bit frustrated by those aspects we discussed a lot around here... but no, I just saw a great shooter and overlooked its flaws...

We all know the outcome pretty well...  ;)

Maybe OFP2 had that same anticipation/frustration on some members here (just guessing... I don't have a copy yet  ::) )... so we better take our expectations to a reasonable level in order to enjoy whatever is to come...
Again... who am I fooling... I WANT THIS GAME  :P

Art Blade

It's interesting how more and more devs make open world games now. FC1 was already quite open (well, you could walk around freely for a good part), FC2 is about as open as it can get, so my expectations are based on that. Another open world game :) The rest... I don't think they'll blow it. Can't be worse than what we've got, but it may be better :)

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on November 26, 2009, 02:00:38 PM
... I don't think they'll blow it. Can't be worse than what we've got, but it may be better :)

Can I get an Alleluia?!?!?!?!?!

Tags:
🡱 🡳