Post your mods load order here

Started by Art Blade, November 15, 2009, 01:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I've split this post off a different topic, so we can now easily compare our loaded mods and their load order. /Art

I have decided to test a few more mods, since you lot are so fond of those :)

Now I too use

- "ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated" (needed only once)
- FOSE (replaces the game launcher, expands FO3's options for mods)
- FOMM (manages mods and lauches FOSE)

Mods currently in use (I keep updating this post),
loaded by FOMM in this order:

FallOut3.esm 00 (not a mod, but the main game esp)

ArtBlade001 02(ArtMod v003)
Free Play after MQ 03
Underground Hideout 04
Killer-shades 05
GreenWorld 06
Fellout-Full 07
MrSlackPants-NightVisionGoggles 08
Human Catapult 09 (lol!!!)
megalight 0A
StreetLights 0B
StreetLights - Wasteland 0C
respawn6hours 0D
1PipboyPDA 0E (pipboy replacer and no, not the upright PDA but the Readius one)
pip150 0E (replaced Fellout-pipboylight)
MTC wasteland travellers 0F

This is an example of Fellout-full.

Night...
[smg id=1666 align=center width=400]

...with nightvision. All greenish,
and even if it's pitch black, you see well :)
[smg id=1667 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

*bump* ;)

Post your mods and load orders here :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

If you had the DLC, Art, would they go in at the bottom of the list? Also, you dont show Fallout3. Is that at the top?
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Strange... I missed this post somehow.

I won't be able to post my mod load order for a couple of days because I'm off to Grandma-T's for Thanksgiving - but fallout3.esm is at the top of my list.  Notice that when you click on any mod in FOMM, the window beneath the list gives what file the mod is dependent on, and fallout3.esm is almost always in the list of dependencies.

Art Blade

@PZ: You didn't "miss" it -- it's a split-off (read first post)

@ Rica: I added the fallout3.esm for you despite of the fact that it's not a mod. It must be "00" (first esm) because it's the main game you want to change by loading mods after it :)

As for DLC, I'd actually load those straight after the fallout3.esm because DLC are as good as the original game esm, so they go to the top. The mods are there to change everything that comes with either the main game or the DLC. If you place the DLC at the end or somewhere in the middle, I reckon a lot of the mods between fallout3 and DLC won't w@&k properly. I strongly suggest you read those readmes that come with the mods. They usually point you to special versions of the mods suitable for use with DLC, if there are any special mod versions available for DLC. Some even require DLC, hence they must be loaded after DLC files.

PZ

Just in case anyone is not familiar with what the file extensions mean:

• .esm = master file
  • .esp = plugin file.  .esp files belong to some master, usually Fallout3.esm
Because each file is loaded into memory in the order in which they are placed in the FOMM list, it is important that any .esp file is lower in the list than the .esm file which is it's master.

Tags:
🡱 🡳