Predecessor Mission

Started by shiba, March 27, 2009, 03:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on October 08, 2010, 05:45:38 PM
It's interesting how some things develop. Like, having a reputation. Just do some things and people start guessing what you'd do if this or that comes up.. just wait, folks  ;D

:-D

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 08, 2010, 05:45:38 PM
It's interesting how some things develop. Like, having a reputation. Just do some things and people start guessing what you'd do if this or that comes up.. just wait, folks  ;D
^+-+

You're a good sport, Art  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

wexer9

I am returning after a period of inactivity to report on this situation (sorry for being on-topic :P).

I finally got around to trying mir's method on page 26, but I was unable to get it to w@&k.

Ah, well.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

wexer9

I am very grateful for this thread for getting me back into Far Cry 2, though! I had forgotten how great this game was. Plus, I can nearly max the game with an acceptable frame rate on my new computer. And boy, does it look good!

There was one problem, however. There was an unacceptable stutter while driving. Luckily, I remedied the problem by switching the DirectX 10 render mode (I had accidentally left it on 9).  ;D

Good times. :-X

Art Blade

:) I'm glad that you're back into the game enjoying it..  :-X

fragger

Thanks muchly for all your efforts in trying to get that issue sorted wexer9 :-X It's a pity nothing came of it, but I really admire your persistence.

And enjoy your new-look FC2! Here's a tip - imagine the mercs are in fact the guys who refuse to fix that bug. That should get you well and truly motivated >:D

Art Blade

wexer9

Art Blade

wexer9

I love all of the creative smileys that this forum has. ^-^

Art Blade

PZ

You know how you need to get the envelope at the shack just northeast of the southeast bus stop before the white predecessor icon shows?  In my current play, I plan to pick up the envelope as soon as it is available, and then get the tape when I end up on a mission to that area.  For instance, the first tape was at PetroSahel, and I waited until I did the Jossip mission to blow the propane tank (still one of my favorites - did it again with a single shot from the 6P9).  Next tape was at the fort, and I waited until I did the Prince/King mission before collecting that tape.

As a funny aside, whenever I pick up the envelope, I'm making it a practice to kill the three mercs by running them over - the first time it was in the dune buggy, and the second time was with the quad runner - not a single wasted bullet  >:D

Art Blade

Once I ran them over on foot. Not a single bullet wasted, either  :)

But my machete was a bloody mess. :-D

PZ

mmosu

I'm picturing a scene like in Monte Python and the Holy Grail where Sir Lancelot is running at the castle and the guards can see him coming from like a mile away and still don't react to him in time  ^+-+

PZ

The icon for the third Predecessor mission (The Bolivian) appeared at the airport, so I waited for a mission that would take me there.  Fortunately I took an assassination mission in which the mark just happened to be in the same hangar as the tape - talk about luck.

I went in from the west, by the railroad tracks, then to the small pond west of the shacks.  As I moved toward the hangar, I met no resistance at all - evidently the target's friends had completely abandoned him to his fate, and not a single merc was anywhere in the area.

PZ

Another Predecessor mission - this I think was the Frenchman - tape was beneath the sniper tower in Sepoko.  I have a favorite sniper position in the hills on the west side of town, and brought an AS-50 to torch flammables - two of my favorites are the fuel pile in the AT shack on the northwest corner, and the small propane tank on the east side of town.

Igniting both of these sent the mercs into a panic, but they eventually found my position.  I believe they were a bit foolhardy to run through dry grass when they had to know that I was carrying a few bottles of flammable liquid  >:D

Their falsetto yelling was music to my ears  :-()

Art Blade

Pity we can't mod the game. Imagine a bottle of flammable liquid that won't  start to burn the moment you throw it. Instead you'd be given a match box. Just for the sterling effect and style. Throw the bottle at a merc, even better: whack him on his head with it and admire his facial expression of utter surprise, and then flick a burning match at him  >:D

PZ

Truly a pity we can't mod this nor the Assassin's Creed series - would hugely extend the game play.

FC2  was initially the reason that I built my current gaming rig, but now, the main reason I'm on the computer when gaming is to experiment with mods (other than FC2 of course)  :-()

Art Blade

You've just proven that you're a hardcore gamer with explicit killer instincts. You were not even so much as disgusted about what I had suggested.. setting someone alight is absolutely normal for you.  >:D

mandru

Quote from: Art Blade on January 25, 2011, 05:46:58 PM
setting someone alight is absolutely normal for you.  >:D

Normal?  I'd say the appropriate word would be mandatory.   :-D  >:D  >:D

For fish in the barrel fun while I'm in god mode with no detect turned on a favorite sport of mine is getting close enough to play the game I call Bonking them on the Conk (that is to say bouncing live grenades off their foreheads).  They look surprised and try to run away but I've noticed that firing a random shot makes them forget about the grenade for a moment and then they forget about everything.   ;D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

So, "mandatory" then.. alright. I'm surrounded by insanely cruel gamers.. but I'm one of them  >:D

And you've just proven that you know the basics of our tips and tactics  :)

Quote from: Art Blade on April 11, 2009, 10:31:51 PM
1) Tactics: Blow up a bunch of mercs

If you have the chance to try this, you may like it:

Find cover and hide. Then shoot with a silenced weapon somewhere near a bad guy -- he and his friends will come and investigate where your rounds hit. Then throw a grenade at them -- they will want to flee. Now shoot again next to the group, they will immediately freeze and again want to investigate the impacts. Say "sorry" and watch them blow up all together  ;D

edit: to stop the mercs from fleeing (from a grenade), you can as well shoot at them, as quickly as possible after your grenade is out, with a silenced weapon such as MP5. I did that a couple of times now, mostly got them all, so I wanted you to know :)

PZ

This is one tip I've managed to remember, but have yet to employ  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳