Predecessor Mission

Started by shiba, March 27, 2009, 03:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Quote from: Art Blade on January 26, 2011, 11:49:31 AM
So, "mandatory" then.. alright. I'm surrounded by insanely cruel gamers.. but I'm one of them  >:D

Maybe I should have said mandru-tory.     :-D

Art! I think you just helped me discovered one of my core gamer principals!  8)

The anticipation gap:

Anything taking longer than the 2.5 seconds for a thrown grenade to go off starts an automatic timer that subtracts from the enjoyment quotient and adds to the tedium factor.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

So:

:( = :) - (t > 2.5)²

...lol mandru-tory ^+-+

mandru

^+-+

That looks about right fragger.  :-X
- mandru

Art Blade

to both of you: ^+-+ ^+-+ ^+-+ :-X :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Rangoon

Has anyone had any luck with this?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20795317&posted=1

I guess the idea is just to make sure you enter the Steam CD Key more than once.  I am pretty sure I did this way back when all this began, but I've tried it again now.  So far nothing is different.

Will there ever be an envelope by that first bus before a phone call?  Or is there always a phone call first?

I went so far as to install my DVD retail version, and (on Steam support's advice) used my Steam CD key in the retail version.  That did not w@&k.  I then uninstalled that, reinstalled the Steam version and tried the key again, for sure multiple times - both before and after starting a new game. 

Another thing Steam support suggested was to delete everything from my Steam folder, except the games folder and Steam.exe.  I hesitate to try this, but I might just go ahead and do it. 

PZ

Not me, but my predecessor missions are working fine - just started another couple of plays through, on the PC and on the PS3.  I'd used the codes available online, and did not have any Steam games at the time.  Sorry I can't help more.

However, my Jackal tapes are still broken - both platforms, and still stuck on the 5th tape - boots

B33 ENN

Quote from: Rangoon on February 12, 2011, 09:55:05 PM
Has anyone had any luck with this?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20795317&posted=1

Hey, I updated that post with clearer steps with the latest info. As I said on the Steam Forum, I have retried the steps and they w@&k perfectly for me. None of the other users have complained that it hasn't worked for them, so I'm confident we can troubleshoot a solution as to why it isn't working for you.

I'm almost done with my current playthrough, and will be starting a fresh one at some point, so I'll be seeing how the Predecessor stuff plays out from the beginning next time rather than catching it midway...
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

Rangoon

Thanks again for your help on this.  I, too, feel like there must be an actual solution to this.  I was wondering if it was a lost cause, but hopefully not.

Art Blade

Horrible.

However, the phone call is sort of an acoustic signal that the DLC is now active. I have never seen an envelope prior to receiving that call.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

sourav190994

Quote from: PZ on March 27, 2009, 08:47:21 AM
Correct,
Be sure to check your main map first though.  Unless you see the white envelope icon on your main map, there is nothing to do.  They only appear once in a while.
well I m new here and m playing FC2. well I got a small problem.... the predecessor tape is on the roof of the stranded bus near south east of Pala.... near a bus stand. how do I get on top of it to get the tapes????
pls help.....

PZ

I'm not sure, but I think you mean the old wrecked bus near the southeast bus stop - yes?  If so, there is a diamond on top of the bus, not the tape.  To get the diamond, go around to the uphill side of the bus and you can run/jump to the top of the bus to retrieve the diamond.  Alternately, you can park an assault truck near the bus and stand on top to get to the bus roof.

As to the predecessor tape, this is the location where you receive the mission - look for the white envelope on the table where you find the flare pistol.  Pick up the envelope and you will see a white icon on the map indicating the location of a predecessor tape.

Welcome to openworldgame.org!

sourav190994

PZ

mandru

Welcome sourav190994.  :-X

I believe it's at the South end of the bus but there is some fencing that you can hop up on and then w@&k your way around to make the jump the rest of the way to the top.  At least that's how I always get up there.

I think there's also one of the Jackal tapes on the bench in front of that bus.  It's a bus-y spot.  ;)
- mandru

nexor

taking a running start from the uphill side then jump always worked for me, although once or twice my jump took me up and over the bus which resulted in me coming to a sudden halt in front of the table so one of my buddies had to drag my sorry a$$ away from there      :-D

Art Blade

Welcome to OWG, sourav  :)

I always ask the friendly mercs if they like to pass me the diamond along with the envelope. I also always end up killing them all for being so uncooperative and have to do just what the rest of you do: climb up the bus myself and take the stone and then grab the envelope. :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on March 19, 2012, 09:55:43 AM
... I also always end up killing them all for being so uncooperative ...

I find that the three mercs always seem to be standing right in the path of my vehicle.  ????

mandru

How many mercs does it take to lube your AT?

Spoiler

Just one but you've got to hit him just right.  >:D
- mandru

PZ

Art Blade

nexor

as long as you do it "before" the merc ate, would hate to have s#!t splashed all over my windscreen  :-(

Tags:
🡱 🡳