Doing the same weapons mission - twice

Started by PZ, November 16, 2009, 10:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Had a fun moment this morning doing a weapons convoy in western Bowa (the one that runs through the Post Office.  I needed to go there anyway to pick up a predecessor envelope.

I took the swamp boat from beneath the bridge south of Mosate Selao and sailed to the shack with the dock north of the Post Office, then crept up the hill toward the roof of the garage where the diamond can be found (this is my favorite place to stage the assault).  After throwing a Molotov cocktail toward each point of the compass, the frightened screams of the mercs guarding the place was the music my ears were eagerly anticipating, and rewarded with.

When finished, I ran toward the road expecting the convou to pass, but nothing happened - checked the map and the convoy appeared to be halted on the northwest road leading into the area.  Took an AT up to see what the delay was and they ambushed me - all were afoot, and hiding in the bushes as I approached.  After dispatching the lot, I took the truck for a joy ride - this is where the adventure departs from my usual routine.

I decided to drive toward the western cell tower and accept an assassination mission - was rewarded with a warning that doing so would negate the current mission I was on - "So what, I thought, I already had the big truck in my possession"  Sure enough, after accepting the mission and checking the map, I had a new mission available at the weapon dealer (probably the same one I just did, I thought) - but I was curious as to how it would play out seeing how I already had taken their truck.

I drove the big truck to do the assassination and then went to the weapons dealer who issued me the same mission to the Post Office (funny, I thought as I interacted with the dealer, I already have the weapons just outside  ;D ) - I just couldn't make him understand.

Well, I drove back to the Post Office, and the convoy had already passed through and started attacking me near the bridge to the north - was funny to see the two big trucks in the same place!  I received the "Mission completed" message two times, once with the destruction of each of the trucks.

mandru

Wow PZ!  :-X

I got to give you a standing ovation for thinking outside of the box on that one.

When rescuing a new buddy and they thank me for freeing them saying that we need to meet up later at the bar but we need to go back separately, I've often wished that I could say "Hey, I've got a GLAT parked right outside how about I give you a lift and you ride up top!"

Your post kicked that wish up a notch. I'm thinking how great it would be to be able to meet online and team share portions (or even a complete play through time allowing) of each other's off line version of the game.

Ah well, maybe in FC3.  8)

I've never thought of hitting the post office from your favorite spot. I always use the rock ledge which is directly on the way coming by land from the safe house after getting my BB's mission diversion.

Seeing how everyone here approaches each obstacle in the game with individually unique perspective has added immense value to the game for me.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Thanks for the comments, mandru - your wish is the same as mine regarding a group of OWG members doing cooperative play - I sure do hope there is a FC3 that incorporates that form of play.  So much good material for a FC3 wish list!  :-X

Dweller_Benthos

That's pretty good, I don't think I'd have the patience to drive that big truck around, I'd just blow it up and get on with it.

Thinking more, wonder how many missions you could stack up like that? Keep killing the driver and taking the new truck, then go back to get the mission again. Though it would be tough keeping the old truck from just disappearing as the area resets once you leave it. Which brings on another thought - how long and how far away from the truck could you get before the game just decides to reset it? Since the weapon missions are all in patrol areas, would the patrol for that area even appear if you didn't blow up the truck? Or would they appear once you left and find a big truck in their way?

Curious minds want to know.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Good questions - I wonder if you left the truck disabled and did not take another mission - would the game leave it there until you returned.

It was kind of funny - I wish that I was on my PC when playing this one out (so I could record it in video) - my big truck from the first weapons mission was blocking the road and the driver of the big truck kept smashing into it (head butt style) - quite funny to watch from the side of the road.

Art Blade

nice reading stuff there, peeps :) Cool idea indeed, PZ... I always backed away from overriding an ongoing mission, but I might try that too :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I have usually tried to steer away from disturbing the software too much, else risk failure, but I've enough saves now that it is actually fun to see how far I can push it.  ;D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

"A" for originality, PZ, good one :-X

Something new to try, if the opportunity presents itself.

OWGKID

I remember that I completed the TWO final missions at once  :o :o ??? ??? I shot the truck with the AS50 until the engine spewed out black smoke, got the "Mission completed" and then I decided to fix the engine. Guess what?! I got the "Mission completed" AGAIN  :o :o >:D >:D Didn't have to do the final mission to unlock the MGL. Played the game on my Xbox un-patched (didn't had Xbox Live yet back then).
LEGACY

Art Blade

PZ

OWGKID

Glitches are always funny  :laugh: :laugh: :-D :-D :-() :-()
LEGACY

fragger

Nice one GKID 8) Glitches are also pretty cool when they allow you to get some sort of unintended bonus :-D :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳