Assassination Sefapane: 100% stealth

Started by PZ, November 14, 2009, 08:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Obtaining an assassination mission from the cell tower just south of the outpost, I took a different route to Sefapane - used the swamp boat at the GP just southwest of the cell tower.  Making my way to town completely unnoticed, I hid my boat in the small cove on the west side of town and made my way to the rooftop of the HQ building (the target was smoking a cigarette in the courtyard).

On the roof, I threw a Molotov to start a fire which threw confusion into the mercs because I'd not been seen. Remaining carefully hidden on the roof, a few more Molotovs really had them angry.  Then the 6P9 made quick w@&k of a propane tank in the yard and the singing really started - the chorus of death was music to my ears.

A short while later, I'd received the message that I'd escaped town safely, when in fact I was still on the roof  ;D

Because the mark was not dead yet, a couple of additional fires were in order, which I quickly started - the mission accomplished message flashed, and I strolled out into town - never once noticed during the entire mission - lots of fun when the stealth really works out  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Quote from: PZ on November 14, 2009, 08:02:03 AM
lots of fun when the stealth really works out  :-X

Yes it certainly is!!  ;D ;D

Definately an original approach PZ, good job  :-X

Nothing beats catching the bad guys with there pants down and getting away without ever being seen.  Your story reminds me of last time I did the "kill the DJ mission".  I was on the part where you first have to go to the ranger station and kill the radio censor.  I came from the east, swimming under the surface of the river and only coming up for air once or twice when I absolutely had to.  I emerged from the river just below the building where the censor stays and crept up underneath it with my MP5.  I slid silently right up underneath where he was sitting and when he leaned forward I delivered one single, silent bullet from between the floorboards right into his forehead!  :-*  I sat still for a moment and when I was sure no one had heard or seen what had happened, I crept silently back down to the river's edge and swam away under the surface.  No noise, and definately no RPG's raining down on me like every other time I had gone over there.  Just like you said PZ, no feeling like when it goes so smoothly!

PZ

Great approach mmosu,  that's definitely one that I need to try - I like using the approach from beneath.  Once did that with the sniper at the police station.

Art Blade

hehehe, nice one, mmosu  ;D :-X I've successfully killed people from underneath some wooden floor through a gap like you described above, but I always ended up raising an alarm and subsequently erasing the entire merc population  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

I think this is probably the 101st time this has been said on OWG, but take a room full of FC2 players and you will have a room full of unique approaches to the same situation!

JRD

Quote from: mmosu on November 15, 2009, 07:19:54 PM
I think this is probably the 101st time this has been said on OWG, but take a room full of FC2 players and you will have a room full of unique approaches to the same situation!

And for the 102nd time...
I just love that freedom to approach a mission... I usually fire FC2 and check the mood I was when I last played by cycling through my inventory and then I decide: go on the way it was (usually a noisy loadout) or swap for another profile (eventually a stealth kit to accomplish missions udetected)... No matter how you play, it's never the same!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: JRD on November 17, 2009, 01:41:29 PM
... No matter how you play, it's never the same!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Indeed - I just started with the AR-16 this morning - a weapon that I've never really liked (nor appreciated) until now.  I've been using the MP5 for the longest time, and it usually requires quite a burst to take down a merc (unless you manage a head shot  ;D ).  Now the three round burst from the AR-16 feels great  :-X

mmosu

Even if it does still take half a magazine to drop a shirtless guy  :D

Art Blade

they may have a heart of stone, but they do have a rather soft nut  ;D (go for headshots)

mandru

I seriously have more luck when I'm pressing in and engaging in close combat with an AS50 which if you hit them at all gives a 1 shot kill.

If all you can see is a calf and foot under and behind a vehicle or if they are hiding behind something and all you can see is their hand holding their rifle sticking out... any hit takes finishes them which, to the opposite end of the spectrum from the half clip for a shirtless guy, sometimes seems too easy.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

mmosu

But, when you consider the amount of energy behind a 50 cal rifle slug, maybe it's not so far off.  The impact alone is more than enough to rip whole limbs clean from the body in real life.  I've heard stories of only being able to find shreds of clothes and blood while trying to confirm a kill with a Barret 50.  It's a vicious nightmare weapon really, a bullet that was originally designed to shoot down airplanes turned on people.  In that respect, I feel like it's believable.

Art Blade

I tried to collect some citations from those mercs for verification reasons, but they were all too scatterbrained.

Tags:
🡱 🡳